China - Pills made from dead babies.

JAISWAL

August 5, 2011

A South Korean SBS TV documentary team accuses Chinese pharmaceutical companies of selling dead baby pills as stamina boosters

The team reveals that the truth behind the dead baby pill is horrific and disturbing.

Chinese hospitals and abortion clinics that are connected to the business immediately notify pharmaceutical companies when a baby dies, mostly because of a still birth or an abortion.

The companies purchase the baby corpses and store them in some family's refrigerator to avoid suspicion. The next step in this highly secretive process is putting the corpses in a medical drying microwave and grinding them into pills. The ground baby powder is then put in a capsule, ready to be sold as a stamina enhancer, according to the SBS team.

The Korean team acquired the dead baby capsules and ran DNA tests on it. The test results reportedly indicated the pills were 99.7 percent human. The test also found hair and nail remnants, and even the gender of the baby could be identified. The process will be aired with visuals in the SBS TV documentary on Aug. 6, 2011 in South Korea.

SBS further reveals that there has been a business network established between China and South Korea for a while, to fulfill the baby capsule demand in South Korean market.

Besides the dead baby pills, microwave dried placenta is another popular business in China, which hospital staff are allegedly openly involved with.

China?s New Lucrative Business: Dead Babies Turn into Stamina Booster Pills - International Business Times

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
HOW sick can Communists get?:yuck: I can imagine the horror in which Tibetans would be suffering there if this is the condition of their own common Chinese people. Simply sick. This ruined my day.

kickok1975

I have to admit that nothing, no matter how crazy and unethical, can stop some Chinese's desires to make profit. We are a country in serious deficit of moral standard and should be downgraded in this area.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
HOW sick can Communists get?:yuck: I can imagine the horror in which Tibetans would be suffering there if this is the condition of their own common Chinese people. Simply sick. This ruined my day.
I don't understand how could you tie this incident to HR violations in Tibet ?
It is clear that some greedy capitalists are behind this, not the state or people.

JAISWAL

i only say one word yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!
It require more then 1 word.
1. Its shamful.
2. Its disgusting.
3. Its un-ethical.
4. Its in-human.
5. Its *#+++**++++
+* aah! What i say, its beyound the discription and crueal.
Hope guilty gets punished.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I don't understand how could you tie this incident to HR violations in Tibet ?
It is clear that some greedy capitalists are behind this, not the state or people.
You need to understand what the Chinese member has posted after my post. Such inhuman nonsense is prevalent mostly in Communist countries only where there are no cultural values left to stick to. You need some serious reading and moving around mate. It will do you really good above the good knowledge you have. :)

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
You need to understand what the Chinese member has posted after my post. Such inhuman nonsense is prevalent mostly in Communist countries only where there are no cultural values left to stick to. You need some serious reading and moving around mate. It will do you really good above the good knowledge you have. :)
There are no cultural values left in China?

Inhuman practices are found mostly in Communist countries?

Are we living in the same world.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Cannibalism in a indirect way, its inhuman, immoral.
What's wrong with cannibalism?

If you were starving, hanging on to the last vestiges of life, and you're only hope of survival was to consume the meat of humans who had already died, would you not do so?

I would. It's only natural, after all, because the instinct of survival is far more powerful and encoded far deeper in our genome than any artificial sense of "morality" or "ethics". Even the chimpanzee, our evolutionary cousin and a creature whose DNA sequence is 99.7% identical to that of humans, resorts to the cannibalism of their young when they fail to survive past infancy.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
im surprised none of you asked the question nor touched on the topic of who's buying ? afterall if no one buys then obviously zaaaaap ..... any brandnames or where this ahem ! "product " is selling ?

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
WTF?...........medicine from dead babies...

Illusive

Country flag
What's wrong with cannibalism?

If you were starving, hanging on to the last vestiges of life, and you're only hope of survival was to consume the meat of humans who had already died, would you not do so?

I would. It's only natural, after all, because the instinct of survival is far more powerful and encoded far deeper in our genome than any artificial sense of "morality" or "ethics". Even the chimpanzee, our evolutionary cousin and a creature whose DNA sequence is 99.7% identical to that of humans, resorts to the cannibalism of their young when they fail to survive past infancy.
The situation which you described is completely different from this one.......and cannibalism is wrong, we are better than chimpanzee's mate. Survival instinct is strong, i agree, but our morality and values makes us human, theres a reason why we sit on top of the food chain. Dont mix up scenarios.

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
The situation which you described is completely different from this one.......
Something to ponder:

If using aborted babies to make pills is completely 'unethical', then what about aborting the babies in the first place? Is abortion also 'unethical'? After all, these babies were not killed for the sole purpose of making pills (from what I could gather) but had already been aborted, for reasons probably unrelated to this pill industry.

cannibalism is wrong, we are better than chimpanzee's mate.
We are better than chimpanzees? How would you define 'better'?

We are the more successful species, for sure. After all chimpanzees are an endangered species and there are 7 billion humans in this world and counting.

Survival instinct is strong, i agree, but dont mix this one up.
I was merely replying to the point of cannibalism in general, not of this pill industry in particular.

I don't consider cannibalism to be 'wrong', though I don't find it to be very appealing either.

Illusive

Country flag
Something to ponder:

If using aborted babies to make pills is completely 'unethical', then what about aborting the babies in the first place? Is abortion also 'unethical'? After all, these babies were not killed for the sole purpose of making pills (from what I could gather) but had already been aborted, for reasons probably unrelated to this pill industry.
There's difference between unborn babies and dead bodies. You still mix up things, theres a difference between a person murdering someone and soldier killing a terrorist. But a human is killing a human,isn't it. Would you put that in the same category. Understanding of the situation makes us what we are. You should understand why people abort babies.

We are better than chimpanzees? How would you define 'better'?
So you think theres no difference?

I was merely replying to the point of cannibalism in general, not of this pill industry in particular.

I don't consider cannibalism to be 'wrong', though I don't find it to be very appealing either.
Don't generalize cannibalism, humans have to take tough choices under tough circumstances. But always looks for a better option.

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
There's difference between unborn babies and dead bodies.
Someone who is dead is dead. They are no longer alive, so why should it matter what happens to the body?

Whether or not an unborn baby is actually "alive" is a very controversial topic, and I have no intention on getting into a pseudo-scientific debate on that matter. But I don't understand how using already dead fetuses for medicine can be construed as "unethical". I have no problem with my body being used for science or medicine after I die. A body is just a mass of cells after all, there's no reason to become so attached to it after the moment of life has passed.

You still mix up things, theres a difference between a person murdering someone and soldier killing a terrorist. But a human is killing a human,isn't it. Would you put that in the same category. Understanding of the situation makes us what we are.
Haven't you heard the old adage, "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter". The world is not divided into black and white, or 'good guys' on one side and 'bad guys' on the other.

Different people have different ways of understanding situations. It is important to understand this.

So you think theres no difference?
If you take away the superficial material, and examine just the basic points of existence, you will find that humans and chimpanzees are not very different from one another, or for that matter from other animals. We are both driven by the same instincts, the same emotions, the same fears.

Don't generalize cannibalism, humans have to take tough choices under tough circumstances. But always looks for a better option.
Yes, this is true.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles