China pays record prices to France for war spoils

redragon

Country flag
well, didn't you just increase the retirement age? Believe it or not, you have not seem anything yet. And I thought your politicians are always complaining that Chinese taking your jobs making more French to be poor, but after reading your comments, I am convinced all french politicians are just bunch of liers. I am sorry, you are providing too much contradicting information, I start to get confused.

RedDragon

China is strong enough today, they print so much money they can buy their treasures back. No one invades China because they have nukes. Conventional capabilities are another matter.
One day, when we are strong enough, they will come back to China for free, because they belongs to China. The process to became strong perhaps will take generations. But we have our patient. China has a long history.

Some day when France is weak enough, it will also lost all of its treasure. In fact, it happened in history. You are also survivors of disasters in history, like China. Of course the disasters happen in different time. We are lucky as we only lost our treasure, but we people are still there. Some nation is so weak that they have lost not only treasure but also their lifes in history.

History is like a wheel, it will rotate. As what France get from German in WWI pays back in WWII and what German get from France pays back after WWII. There are no need to boast what you get in history. Because it will pay back.

As long as China's history is keep writing, it will be strong someday, and what taken from China will go back to China. We sincerely wish it is peacefully.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
well, didn't you just increase the retirement age? Believe it or not, you have not seem anything yet. And I thought your politicians are always complaining that Chinese taking your jobs making more French to be poor, but after reading your comments, I am convinced all french politicians are just bunch of liers. I am sorry, you are providing too much contradicting information, I start to get confused.
You confuse France with the US. French outsourcing to China is next to nothing. What is there to confuse with an increased retirement age? It means nothing as it is just a redistribution of wealth. You are truly clueless.

redragon

Country flag
You confuse France with the US. French outsourcing to China is next to nothing. What is there to confuse with an increased retirement age? It means nothing as it is just a redistribution of wealth. You are truly clueless.
Thank you for admitting the gap between rich and poor is getting wider so you are forced to take the risk to increase the retirement age, so you will see more, the riot in Paris was just a warm up.

AOE

You are correct but its bound to turn heads if a particular country places itself on a higher pedestal with superior morals and ethics and then sells looted treasure. Thats the point the chinese members here are making.
You also make a good point, but responding with force, or covert threats (as has also been said by the same members here) is counter-productive to them getting back their treasures and artifacts. Egypt is a country that is far less powerful than any western country you wish to name, but has slowly been getting back some of the looted goods from the days of European colonialism, as well as some of the stuff stolen by local thieves and tomb raiders. Some of it has been returned for free, sometimes they've had to stand in at auctions. It's far from perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

cw2005

China is strong enough today, they print so much money they can buy their treasures back. No one invades China because they have nukes. Conventional capabilities are another matter.
I thought if you were right "China print(s) so much money", then why the American and European are pressing the Chinese currency to be appreciated. On the contrary, I agree with most of other countires that the Chinese money is highly under-value. I was in Paris about 5 years ago, I paid abount 12 EUR for a hotdog and a tin of coke from a street-corner shop. The same thing would cost me a small fraction of that price in China or to that matter in any Asian countries save Japan. Meantime, the American is executing QE1, QE2 and might need to carry on QE3. They are the one printing lots of money.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I thought if you were right "China print(s) so much money", then why the American and European are pressing the Chinese currency to be appreciated. On the contrary, I agree with most of other countires that the Chinese money is highly under-value. I was in Paris about 5 years ago, I paid abount 12 EUR for a hotdog and a tin of coke from a street-corner shop. The same thing would cost me a small fraction of that price in China or to that matter in any Asian countries save Japan. Meantime, the American is executing QE1, QE2 and might need to carry on QE3. They are the one printing lots of money.
I was in Subway the other day on Tienha Lu and paid 42 quai for a footlong Spicy Italian sub, I was in USA a couple years ago and got the same for $5. I paid the same Euro price for it last year as I did in China. I can get an imported beer in any French convenience store for €2, in China it costs 30 quai for a cheap domestic. Chinese money isn't going so far...

cw2005

I was in Subway the other day on Tienha Lu and paid 42 quai for a footlong Spicy Italian sub, I was in USA a couple years ago and got the same for $5. I paid the same Euro price for it last year as I did in China. I can get an imported beer in any French convenience store for €2, in China it costs 30 quai for a cheap domestic. Chinese money isn't going so far...
That is funny, any Chinese member here might tell you could buy a beer from supermarket for a price of 2 Yuen to 5 Yuen. Normally, when I travel in China, I buy the cheaper one at 2.5 Yuen a bottle. and that equivalent to 0.4 EUR.

amoy

in China it costs 30 quai for a cheap domestic. Chinese money isn't going so far...
then u most likely drink at a pub. of course there's a big mark-up

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
That is funny, any Chinese member here might tell you could buy a beer from supermarket for a price of 2 Yuen to 5 Yuen. Normally, when I travel in China, I buy the cheaper one at 2.5 Yuen a bottle. and that equivalent to 0.4 EUR.
Haha... I would like to see you buy a beer in downtown Guangzhou for 2-5 quai. :pound: Seriously, I saw a 30 quai Tsingtao beer. I wait till I get to HK on weekenders before I drink.

no smoking

Country flag
Yes, shame on the French for looting artifacts that would have most likely been destroyed by the Maoists during their Great Leap Backwards. Shame on you France! lol

Sarcasm aside, it's good to know the French are making an effort to restore treasures and artifacts to where they came from.
Great! Every lawyer would sing your name in any court. French looted these treasure in 1860 and they already knew there would be some people called Maoists to destroy these treasure 100 years later.

If your execuse is acceptable, every bank robber could claim that the cause of their looting is to prevent bankers from stealing customer's money.

Are you shameless?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles