China-Pak nuclear deal: US asks for Pak-China nuke arrangement details

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Under a different government possibly but not with Sonia running the show.
Another Government is possible but determined & internally strong enough is questionable. It'll not happen for another two terms. If UPA makes it to third term then we can hope for it. UPA sucks but it has maintained stability.

Country flag
Well it can sure be roll backed through same nsg and IAEA.or is it that i'm on different page???
NSG is a 45 member separate entity. USA is one influential member of the group. The US nuke deal and the NSG waiver are 2 completely different things.The deal being cancelled would not cancel the NSG waiver.

Last edited:
Reactions: nrj

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
So in this whole cross dealing between US-China, India & Europe will pay heavily? I dont think Russia will take any stand, they'll keep eye on business only. EU & India must wake up.

India will never sign CTBT, so NSG members can forget that. In the heightened tensions, they just might see ICBM tests followed by another Smiling Buddha.
Where are NPAs of europe hiding now. 2008 they were staging protests against indian deal at nsg meet.And if india does smiling buddha i'll send u the laddoos especially made by me. :)

Country flag
Another Government is possible but determined & internally strong enough is questionable. It'll not happen for another two terms. If UPA makes it to third term then we can hope for it. UPA sucks but it has maintained stability.
Testing a nuke may not be the wisest thing, we have a good track record and testing a nuke maybe viewed as a belligerent move by other nations. It is not the goal of our nuclear program to amass nuclear warheads but to have a source of civilian energy to grow the economy. All our fast breeders are on the military side so we will always have massive plutonium reserve.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Where are NPAs of europe hiding now. 2008 they were staging protests against indian deal at nsg meet.And if india does smiling buddha i'll send u the laddoos especially made by me. :)
Thats what I don't understand what EU is gaining from this deal? Whatever candy they might get can not be compromised with physical security.

@Laddos: That'll be great day! :) I am hoping for at least simulated Buddha.

Country flag
Thats what I don't understand what EU is gaining from this deal? Whatever candy they might get can not be compromised with physical security.

@Laddos: That'll be great day! :) I am hoping for at least simulated Buddha.
They are gaining a guaranteed vote by India against any sanctions against Iran.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Testing a nuke may not be the wisest thing, we have a good track record and testing a nuke maybe viewed as a belligerent move by other nations. It is not the goal of our nuclear program to amass nuclear warheads but to have a source of civilian energy to grow the economy. All our fast breeders are on the military side so we will always have massive plutonium reserve.
Its not the goal of our Nuclear program but in the time like this when we have heavily armed Nuclear neighbors, simulated or real test can be enough as a deterrence measure to protect the Indian entity. Not only Pak but China can understand then that India exists & will not be sitting ducks if we try anything.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
So the iran sanctions were traded with pakistan deal between usa-EU combine and china.But where did it leave Russia??What did Russia gain by agreeing to sanctions on iran.instead it lost more business from iran.

Country flag
Its not the goal of our Nuclear program but in the time like this when we have heavily armed Nuclear neighbors, simulated or real test can be enough as a deterrence measure to protect the Indian entity. Not only Pak but China can understand then that India exists & will not be sitting ducks if we try anything.
Testing longer range missiles would be better, this is the perfect time.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
They are gaining a guaranteed vote by India against any sanctions against Iran.
In that case I'll have to intersect ajtr's conspiracy here about cutting out India from NSG deal :) When EU is betting on India's vote against Iran sanctions then Nuke deals & NSG waiver remains intact.

But anyways, India is going ahead with Iran pipeline, what EU can do on that? EU even demands NPT sign from India before signing FTA. But I dont think EU has anything substantial to pressure India. Another 6-8 months & EU will need FTA more than India.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
What did india gain by keeping good boy track record.30 years of nuclear exile.and crumbs of incomplete nuke deal.Whatever india gets gets with its hard work and good boy track record pakistan easily gets the same without any effort through its belligerence.

Country flag
So the iran sanctions were traded with pakistan deal between usa-EU combine and china.But where did it leave Russia??What did Russia gain by agreeing to sanctions on iran.instead it lost more business from iran.
Do you think China and Russia are going to lose money to make USA-EU happy?? I doubt it, watch sanction violations in the near future. Pakistan already violated by going forward with the Iran pipeline deal and no repercussions from that either, these sanctions are a joke on paper.

Reactions: nrj
Country flag
What did india gain by keeping good boy track record.30 years of nuclear exile.and crumbs of incomplete nuke deal.Whatever india gets gets with its hard work and good boy track record pakistan easily gets the same without any effort through its belligerence.
you are absolutely right, maybe things will change and we can help burma or Israel in their programs?? nothing major just a few thousand centrifuges.

Last edited:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
you are absolutely right, maybe things will change and we can help burma or Israel in their programs?? nothing major just a few thousand centrifuges.
burma is already getting everything from china.iwas thinking about Cuba and Venezuela.right in uncle's backyard. :)

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
^^Israel might be having advanced nuke tech as compared to india due to usa/EU blessings.Moreover going extreme or shouting out loud only makes u heard by the other countries.so Venezuela /cuba will be the right choice.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
If you insist on these two ;leasing a sub maybe a better option.
Not insisting just making sure if india can do same thing as china does.secondly i was thinking about providing nuke know-how to Vietnam, Taiwan, Singapore etc

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ Guys, this is getting OT i guess.

Another concern: Will this NO OBJECTION US stand remain alive if the Oval office kicks out Mr.Peacemaker in another year?

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
^^it will all depend on America's dependence on china like today.If usa becomes more dependent on china in future then Oval office will have no choice but to toe chinese line.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles