China objects to oil hunt, India says back off

nimo_cn

Country flag
Well, I will quote you on that !

Let's see you do that and then see what happens, sweet heart ! Some fireworks that you will find hard to digest for sure !

Yes, sweetheart, fireworks will be there after Chinese coast guard gives you one more lesson.

amitkriit

China is trying to bite off more than it can chew, ominous signs for global peace and security. Sinking a naval ship is not a small deal, such premptive and senseless violent action will definitely invite a proper reaction from all global powers.

nimo_cn

Country flag
You haven't done anything to an Indian ship as yet. .
So far, no Indian ship dares enter Chinese waters in SCS, we don't claim the whole SCS, you are free to pass through international waters.

We did the cut-off to ships of Vietnam because they were in waters claimed by China, By the way, those ship didn't belong to Vietnam, they were from western countries actually.

And SCS waters are disputed, you are not the only claimant to them. They are also claimed by the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia as well.
So?

Country flag
So far, no Indian ship dares enter Chinese waters in SCS, we don't claim the whole SCS, you are free to pass through international waters.

We did the cut-off to ships of Vietnam because they were in waters claimed by China, By the way, those ship didn't belong to Vietnam, they were from western countries actually.

So?
Indian ships have already been in joint exercises with Vietnam and routinely going for port of calls ,not much happened??

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
i just dont understand why do you indians hate chinese so much?why do you people favour vietnam so much?what will india gain from the involvement in the dispute of south china sea.i know some indian friends are still grinding with the current territory and the short cross-fire in the last century between two countries.but looking back the relationship of india-sino,we have to admit that both of countries had a good attitude towards each other before the european coming.no matter the later split of old india or the war with pekistan,there is really not supposed to count them as chinese responsibity.even in the period of two countries' border conflict,as the winer,PLA has restrictly obeyed the internation law to treat indian captives,doing nothing inhuman like what japanese did on chinese peole.
I don't think there is any intrinsic hate towards the Chinese.

It is just that the bilateral issues are too complicated and does not seem to have any answer. Hence, the conflict of interests.

Vietnam is very strategically placed. It is in the corner where the sealane from the Indian Ocean once it passes the chokepoint around Singapore kisses the coast of SE Asia and then opens up into the South China Seas and onto the Pacific. Vietnam is the hinge!

India's interest in the South China Seas is for Oil and Oil is the commodity that fuels industry and it is becoming rare. That is why China explores for oil in all such oil outposts around the world. Does any country object to this exploration? If they do not, what could be the reason that China should object if India explores for oil with the explicit permission of the country owning the oil block?

Mankind is inhuman. What the Japanese did to you, you are doing it in Tibet and also in Xinjiang. You will naturally not agree. Nothing surprising since it is all a question of perspective. Likewise, the Japanese possibly wonder what inhumanity the Chinese accuses them of?

nimo_cn

Country flag
China is trying to bite off more than it can chew, ominous signs for global peace and security. Sinking a naval ship is not a small deal, such premptive and senseless violent action will definitely invite a proper reaction from all global powers.
Kindly tell me what you are refering to by "all golbal powers" and kindly lecture me on how they are gonna respond after an INDIAN naval ship got sank in Chinese water by Chinese navy.

If possible, please tell me how India is gonna respond if an Indian naval ship got sank by PLAN after it violated Chinese sovereinty,

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

So?
It is not a question of not daring.

If the Indian Navy has no reason to go to waters of China, why should it burn furnace oil?

If and when the necessity arise, I daresay that they will not be there!

It is not material what China claims as theirs. It is what the international law of the seas decry is what is material.

Country flag
Kindly tell me what you are refering to by "all golbal powers" and kindly lecture me on how they are gonna respond after an INDIAN naval ship got sank in Chinese water by Chinese navy.

If possible, please tell me how India is gonna respond if an Indian naval ship got sank by PLAN after it violated Chinese sovereinty,

make more formal alliances and increased presence in South China seas. USA and India already have informal alliance in regard to Malacca straits and Indian ocean and Hillary Clinton already urged India to look East. It would be welcomed in many ways.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

It will take a lot more than mere bluster to sink an IN ship and get away with it.

Sovereignty is not what China claims as theirs.

That way they claim that they are the Middle Kingdom, meaning the world is theirs!!

nimo_cn

Country flag
make a more formal alliances and increase presence in South China seas. USA and India already have informal alliance in regard to Malacca straits and Indian ocean and Hillary Clinton already urged India to look East. It would be welcomed in many ways.
I don't see anything differrent than what is happening now. Like I said, we can sink the ship without triggering off the 3rd WW.

amoy

Its only a matter of time when VN gets back to senses to consider "joint exploration" offers. So far VN is drilling off their shores while lacking deepwater drilling facilities and technology. China's tactics was to keep other claimants off while developing her own capabilities in deep water. Now that China is ready ---

The CNOOC981, which cost $922 million to develop, can reportedly operate in depths of up to 3,000 meters and extract oil from 12,000 meters

That would be a huge leap for China's deepwater drilling capabilities, which previously only went down to 500 meters.

The rig weighs 31,000 tons and has a deck the size of a football field. It took China State Shipbuilding Corp three years to build it.

The state-run China National Offshore Oil company will operate the rig, which will leave Shanghai on Thursday for a "trial cruise" before drilling in the South China Sea in July, the People's Daily reports.

The CNOOC981 is "undoubtedly a milestone in China's oil drilling industry," "It is always a first-come-first-served game when vying for non-renewable resources in disputed sea areas, as the resources are not infinite."
the USN or Indian Navy lends no leverage to VN at all. VN has to face the music >>>

Vietnamese police shut down anti-China protest, arrest dozens of demonstrators
Vietnamese police crush anti-China protest
Associated Press | Aug 20, 2011 11:42 PM CDT in World

The move followed stern warnings last week that Hanoi would no longer tolerate the weekly demonstrations that have taken place in the capital for the past 10 weekends over disputed territory in the South China Sea.

About 50 protesters showed up at Hanoi's landmark Hoan Kiem Lake, unfurling banners and shouting anti-China slogans. Main streets in the capital's tourist district were quickly blocked off by police and the protesters were dragged onto public buses by security officers. Many clung to the windows and doors, still shouting from inside while holding up their signs.
"Vietnamese leaders realize that there are limits as to how far they can press China on the South China Sea issue," said Carlyle Thayer, a Vietnam expert at the University of New South Wales in Australia.

Relations between Vietnam and China hit a low-point this summer after Hanoi accused Beijing of interfering with its oil exploration activities. The two sides, along with several other Asian nations, claim all or part of two disputed island chains believed to be rich in natural resources in an area that's home to vital shipping lanes.

Country flag
You should do your part first, we will do our part then.

If Indians always will explore oil in Chinese waters, we always will cut off the ships.
we are there and China can't do jack. Indian minister in Vietnam expanding exploration talks.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles