China mocks India's democratic system

t_co

Wow, it seems that Xi is not the only one that India democracy can't beat.
In 60 years, the "great" Indian democracy can't beat any of Chinese "dictators".
So, basically, the democracy in India doesn't work.
@Ray - your argument is false.

Were Xi to be a dictator, why would he even need to implement an anti-corruption drive?

You can argue that he is doing it to purge disloyal elements, but again, if he is a dictator and everyone obeys without question, he should not need a corruption drive to purge disloyal elements.

You can argue he is doing it because the Party is corrupt, but again, if he is a dictator, could he just not order everyone to stop being corrupt, and they would obey without question?

Last edited by a moderator:

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
In 60 years, the "great" Indian democracy can't beat any of Chinese "dictators".
What is the definition of Democracy according to you? Once you learn that than you are welcome to express your views about Democracy in India. What are the facts that convinced you that Democracy does not work?

no smoking

Country flag
What is the definition of Democracy according to you? Once you learn that than you are welcome to express your views about Democracy in India. What are the facts that convinced you that Democracy does not work?
How I define the democracy doesn't matter!
What matters is the performance of democratic system doesn't work in India.
What are the facts that convince you the democracy does work within India except democracy itself?

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
How I define the democracy doesn't matter!
What matters is the performance of democratic system doesn't work in India.
What are the facts that convince you the democracy does work within India except democracy itself?
To make a judgement call on political system of a country one has to be well versed about its definition and than cross check against past record in the country whether it is working or not. Instead of answering a question with a question you can do some Google search on your own instead of getting in to discussion and behave like a parrot on behalf of your PLA/CCP bosses. You should take some time to study the electoral system and parliamentary representation enshrined into the constitution as well. I will just ignore you if you carry on the same one liner discussion.

Compersion

Country flag
There is poverty not because of democracy but because of governance and administration. You will get areas in India to live and do business in that are better compared to PRC. But many will say Beijing is better compared to New Delhi.

Both countries progressing also in their own ways but India needs develop its infrastructure and it is happening albeit slowly.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No one can ever beat any country where there is a dictatorial rule.

Mo democracy can ever have progress in the quick way as a totalitarian regime can.

Have you seen a puppet show?

All work in perfect unison at the tugs and pulls of the puppeteer.

Even the emotions of the puppet are in the control of the puppeteer.

Democracy works since the MIND AND THE MAN IS FREE.

But then, how will you understand the feeling? ;)

Money is Happiness for you in the gilded zoo.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Ray - your argument is false.

Were Xi to be a dictator, why would he even need to implement an anti-corruption drive?

You can argue that he is doing it to purge disloyal elements, but again, if he is a dictator and everyone obeys without question, he should not need a corruption drive to purge disloyal elements.

You can argue he is doing it because the Party is corrupt, but again, if he is a dictator, could he just not order everyone to stop being corrupt, and they would obey without question?
Why did Xi start the anti corruption drive?

Power and eliminating opposition.

Heard of the once heart throb of China - Bo Xilai?

Heard of Deng when Mao shoved him in the Laogai ?

Was Deng wrong? Deng was condemned then, but was acclaimed as a 'hero' once he took power.

He came back to ensure what Mao could not do for China.

So, in China, the wind changes and all are dictatorial since Deng Xiaoping who himself was in Laogai, had no hesitation to crush the Tiananmen Square protests with the same mentality as Mao. Dictatorial they all are when thier power and unquestioned authority is being shaken and about to be toppled. Or when someone else gets too popular or powerful than them.

No dictator can ever cow down every single man Jack or practices.

Last edited by a moderator:

jouni

Governance system aside, for me it has been really humbling to notice, that after joining this forum many stereotypes I had regarding different nationalities proved to be wrong.

Governance system has far less effect on peoples "levelheadiness" than I thought. History and religions effect a lot more.

amoy

Governance system aside, for me it has been really humbling to notice, that after joining this forum many stereotypes I had regarding different nationalities proved to be wrong.

Governance system has far less effect on peoples "levelheadiness" than I thought. History and religions effect a lot more.
Indeed u shall have observed our East Asian peers too ~ Japan, Korea, Singapore etc. ~ Basically all follow ethos of meritocracy mostly of Confucian + Hanfeizi heritage.

Don't be surprised that most of time Liberal Democrats has been the ruling party in the post_war Japan (de facto one party rule). And Singapore~ u know more than I do.

South Asia belongs to another school ~ Bangladesh Pakistan India ~ democracy ;) ~ I bet not that type u have in Europe.

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~

Last edited:

jouni

Indeed u shall have observed our East Asian peers too ~ Japan, Korea, Singapore etc. ~ Basically all follow ethos of meritocracy mostly of Confucian + Hanfeizi heritage.

Don't be surprised that most of time Liberal Democrats has been the ruling party in the post_war Japan (de facto one party rule). And Singapore~ u know more than I do.

South Asia belongs to another school ~ Bangladesh Pakistan India ~ democracy ;) ~ I bet not that type u have in Europe.

Yeah, I read some principles of Confucious, and I can easily relate to them as an North European. I have also tried to learn some of Hinduism principles, but they are far more difficult to grasp. I guess I am too pragmatic to get all the nuances.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I would not be qualified to comment on Bangladesh or Pakistan. but India sure is based on the British model and follows it quite well.

One man rule is no rule.

It is dictatorship.

Singapore is actually a dictatorship with the veil of democracy.

China? Less said the better.

But yes, dictatorship is a way to have a quick fix to issues because robots respond like clockwork toys as they are programmed.

no smoking

Country flag
No one can ever beat any country where there is a dictatorial rule.

Mo democracy can ever have progress in the quick way as a totalitarian regime can.
That is wrong. USA's democracy beat the dictatorial rule in Soviet. The problem is not "democracy" but "democracy in India".
Generally, democracy can start to outperform totalitarian regime after 20 years. In the case of India, she started as a country far ahead of a totalitarian regime. 60 years later, She is far behind of this totalitarian regime.

Have you seen a puppet show?

All work in perfect unison at the tugs and pulls of the puppeteer.

Even the emotions of the puppet are in the control of the puppeteer.

Democracy works since the MIND AND THE MAN IS FREE.

But then, how will you understand the feeling? ;)

Money is Happiness for you in the gilded zoo.
As the poor in China and India, we really don't have time for this kind of show.
These dogs are just shinning on the stage as much as every Indian politician, but get nothing helpful in our real life. Yes, nothing else but shinning!
No, sir, I don't understand this feeling because this kind of show is only put up for the rich like you.

anupamsurey

Country flag
the last thing i want to read about democracy is from chinese govt and its mouthpiece, these are the same people who celebrate tinamen square massacre as a festival. it is as good as hearing about evils of terrorism from pakistan, or AL-qaida

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That is wrong. USA's democracy beat the dictatorial rule in Soviet. The problem is not "democracy" but "democracy in India".
Generally, democracy can start to outperform totalitarian regime after 20 years. In the case of India, she started as a country far ahead of a totalitarian regime. 60 years later, She is far behind of this totalitarian regime.
It show how superficial you are in understanding politics or any issue.

There is no question of 'beating' USSR by the USA since the collapse of the USSR was not on ideological issues or dictatorial attitude of the Soviet dispensation.

The primary cause was the economic collapse and the nudging USSR into a cost prohibitive arms race through the SDI and other such issues.

India in no way started ahead of China. The emerged in near similar timeline.

However, the China has the advantage of making its population that was as agrarian as India because Mao cracked the whip, feasible because China was a totalitarian dictatorial State, that Nehru, with his western education and biases to include libertine ideas could not do a Mao because of that and because India was a democracy, where the will of the People was paramount.

In China, the will of Mao and the CCP was paramount and the Chinese people had to toe the line or vanish without trace

As the poor in China and India, we really don't have time for this kind of show.
These dogs are just shinning on the stage as much as every Indian politician, but get nothing helpful in our real life. Yes, nothing else but shinning!
No, sir, I don't understand this feeling because this kind of show is only put up for the rich like you.[/QUOTE]

I am not aware of which 'dogs' you speak about.

I am sure you speak of fondness when you refer to dogs, since it is a cuisine delicacy in China.

Democracy is helpful for the peace of mind and not having to remain apprehensive of the midnight knock at the door and being bundled into a Laogai without any recourse to justice or knowing what one did wrong to be the recipient of such a fate.

I am afraid you are not aware of what is rich and what is middle class in India and hence you feel that all out here on this forum from India constitute the rich class. It is just that education has become universal and hence we are well educated, but that does not mean we are rich.

This is not a show. This is the reality.

What is a show is what happens in China.

There is a seething undercurrent of disgust that cannot be shown lest the Laogai becomes the first home. Note what has happened to your Star TV anchor who parodied a song in a private conversation with friends that was derogatory to Mao (something he or any Chinese will dare to do so in public). And the worse is that China, being a Police State, his friends reported him!!!!!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Detained Chinese feminists now under investigation for rights campaigns

Chinese police have shifted their focus to the five activists' campaigns against domestic violence and for more public toilets for women, their lawyers say

Protesters demonstrate during the Occupy the Men's Toilets campaign in Beijing in 2012. Their signs read: 'More conveniences for women, more gender equality', and 'If you love her, do not let her wait in line.'

Chinese police are broadening their investigation into five detained female activists to focus on their campaigns against domestic violence and for more public toilets for women, their lawyers have said.

The women were taken into custody just before International Women's Day on 8 March, and later detained on suspicion of "picking quarrels and provoking trouble", a charge that carries a prison term of up to five years, their lawyers said on Wednesday.

Supporters of the five women – Li Tingting, 25, Wei Tingting, 26, Wang Man, 32, Zheng Churan, 25, and Wu Rongrong, 30 – initially assumed they were picked up because of their plans to demonstrate against sexual harassment on buses and trains.

China rejects international pleas to release five feminists from jail
Read more
But Wang Qiushi, the lawyer for Li, said the focus of the investigation was centred on a 2012 campaign calling for more public toilets for women and a 2013-14 campaign against domestic violence.

"The initial reason for taking them away was the anti-sexual harassment bus activity on March 7, but it looks like slapping them now with a criminal charge for that is obviously very difficult," Wang said.

The 2012 Occupy the Men's Toilets campaign led to four cities pledging to increase the ratio of toilet cubicles for women, the state-run China Daily reported.

The Bloodstained Bride campaign of 2013-14 involved women posing in blood-splattered wedding gowns to draw attention to violence.

Lu Jun, co-founder of a group that campaigns against discrimination against women, said men identifying themselves as Beijing policemen had gone to various cities to look for women who participated in Occupy the Men's Toilets. Beijing police did not respond to a request for comment.

The Guardian view on Chinese women's rights: free the feminists
Editorial: Later this year, China is co-hosting a UN summit on women, but back home it is detaining feminists who protest against sexual harrassment
Read more
The US, Britain and the EU have condemned the detentions, prompting China to call on other countries to respect its judicial sovereignty. Asked whether the government was concerned about further international censure if the women were formally charged, the Chinese foreign ministry spokeswoman, Hua Chunying, said: "I don't think there is any reason to be unhappy about China handling the relevant case in accordance with the law."

Prosecutors will decide within days whether the women should be formally arrested or released, the lawyers said.

Prosecutors in Beijing's Haidian district, which has jurisdiction over the women's cases, said they have not received their cases from the police, according to Liang Xiaojun, a lawyer for Wu. A woman surnamed Wang from the Haidian prosecutor's office declined to comment, saying: "Their cases have not reached us."

Detained Chinese feminists now under investigation for rights campaigns | World news | The Guardian
Great country where they have freedom.

Imagine demanding civic amenities can get you under investigation and then in the Laogai.

Imagine such childish law where you get five years because of "picking quarrels and provoking trouble"!

Picking quarrels and provoking trouble for wanting an area to urinate?

And the Chinese posters hector us on sanitary conditions!

And it is "picking quarrels and provoking trouble" to request that something be done against domestic violence.

Can't blame the Chinese Govt. They believe in violence to do down their people and so why should they care if the husband beat the living hell out of the wife?

jouni

Reading this thread, I start to have doubts whether we can give the world to your hands in the future as two global superpowers. Maybe it is better that "the west" is in charge few centuries more ;)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles