China launches Asia's largest helicopter .

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
We r not talking of disputed territories mate:taunt1::taunt1::taunt1:
Okay, just to pull the rag off from China's feet on this one I'll go along with you guys. But I have my serious reservations... :rofl:

Last edited:

pmaitra

Okay, just to pull the rag off from China's feet on this one I'll go along with you guys. But I have my serious reservations... :rofl:
Your generous change of heart is much appreciated, my good Sir! ;)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Russia is an Asiatic European country! :laugh:

Is Turkey and European country or an Asia country?

And what about Egypt?

Last edited:

Illusive

Country flag
It sure is better that they are copying, when they start making their own original stuffs then there might be a problem.

Pretty smart to diversifying its copying industry though, its not healthy to copy just Russian tech, right:thumb:

ice berg

It sure is better that they are copying, when they start making their own original stuffs then there might be a problem.

Pretty smart to diversifying its copying industry though, its not healthy to copy just Russian tech, right:thumb:
Pages upon pages of technicalities. It is a helicopter designed to heavy lifting. It is a stepingstone. How you call it in rest of the world isnt changing that fact. I hope people remember that.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Why should they be appreciated for illegally producing a licensed copy of a 40yr old French helicopter with foreign engines?
China is copying with superb marksmanship at least appreciate that!

Colombo is very close to India than China Geographically. Think before you make a statement:scared2::scared2::scared2::scared2:
It was India that alienated us so U don't have anything to say on this matter!

becoz wo tum sab ka baap ha
We don't respect the BAAP who don't even care about his BETA.

johnee

Frankly, it does not matter whether China copies or makes indigenous stuff. The only thing that matters is whether they work or not.

However, copying other people's work does not deserve any appreciation, atleast not from any self-respecting person. It may be done in need, it may be effective, it may serve the purpose, ...etc, but it is not something to be proud of.

The point is that geography of SL and India is such that, SL cant afford to sulk too much regardless of India's real or imagined behaviour. One needs to accept certain realities. And reality often enforces certain limitations. Reality of SL is its geography vis a vis India. One must learn to live with it...

amoy

The point is that geography of SL and India is such that, SL cant afford to sulk too much regardless of India's real or imagined behaviour. One needs to accept certain realities. And reality often enforces certain limitations. Reality of SL is its geography vis a vis India. One must learn to live with it...
One can't choose whom to be his neighbors but can choose whom to befriend

johnee

One can't choose whom to be his neighbors but can choose whom to befriend
Strictly speaking, the neighbors can also be chosen and changed. Pakistan was India's east and west neighbor. In 1971, Pakistan stopped being our eastern neighbor. China was not India's neighbor before 1950. So, the neighbors can be changed.

Presently, SL is India's neighbor. It may change in future. Tamil Eelam may become India's neighbor or SL may become part of India. Future holds many possibilities.

One has to live with the consequences of one's choices. It applies to friendships as well. If SL over-plays the China card, it may seriously risk antagonizing India, in which case, no mortal force can save it from India's wrath. I think the leadership of SL understand this basic fact.

Blackwater

you are more closer to us than pakistan.That's enough for u to survive in south asia

We don't respect the BAAP who don't even care about his BETA.

You have to respect your baap even when he scold you or throw out of his house

Blackwater

He has already done that!
you must respect your father ,other wise you will be like your brother pak. He has just stoped respecting his father and see where he is...

iam sure u will be wise enough not to repeat ur brother mistake

HeinzGud

Country flag
you must respect your father ,other wise you will be like your brother pak. He has just stoped respecting his father and see where he is...

iam sure u will be wise enough not to repeat ur brother mistake
Maybe ur talking about another father.... our one and only brother is Maldives!

Blackwater

Maybe ur talking about another father.... our one and only brother is Maldives!
Maldives is muslims state lolllllll. you r not, unless u r paki under lanka flag lolllllllllllllllllllllllll ..... Anyhow we r all know ur brotherhood with pak

hbogyt

If its European politically than Russia will be the member of NATO
Half of USSR was in Asia. You illiterate Chini.. Mi-26 was developed during USSR times. Even geographically, today's half of Russia also comes in Asia.
You never learn. Does that atlas of yours stipulate that Russia is Asian? I sure hope so, otherwise your intellect is to blame. EUROPA - Countries
Settled!

Your geographical knowledge is poor after i read the first sentence..

See, Without having any agreement from french regarding making modification to the original deign or making similar clones is a illegal copy, Unlike Hummer in china their is all illegal copies, I can be wrong provided you provide some proof about its home made deign..

J-20 deign is very much close to MIG-1.44 deign, that is no coincident..

95% deigns are foreign including space rocket to modules that why their is so less time to develop and test, Same goes for Aircraft, Trains, so does tanks and What will be self created deign which its future will relay on as basic platform ?, Russian have well Establishment Space research facilities and knowledge from beginning and funding are only increasing, I see no way Russia is getting behind, but increasing rapidly, China is now only started its adventure and it is nice, But not uncommon and anything new for other who already started long time back..
My geographical knowledge is not that poor. I knew since the age of 9 that the majority of Russian territory was in Asia, but the nation on the whole was European.

You are only counting similarities while conveniently ignoring dissimilarities, the latter being more numerous than the former.

Indeed, China is quite some way behind Russia and USA in space technology. I was more rebuking someone's attempt to mock the Chinese space programme with develoment timelines.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
You never learn. Does that atlas of yours stipulate that Russia is Asian? I sure hope so, otherwise your intellect is to blame. EUROPA - Countries
Settled!
My geographical knowledge is not that poor. I knew since the age of 9 that the majority of Russian territory was in Asia, but the nation on the whole was European.
Its not settled at all ..
You dont know, The article is bit wrong too..

Russia = Eurasia..

You are only counting similarities while conveniently ignoring dissimilarities, the latter being more numerous than the former.

I was more rebuking someone's attempt to mock the Chinese space programme with develoment timelines.
Indeed one have to see the time line, Also its basically a MIG-1.44 with stealth deign..

True, rebutts are coz of someone else false claims..

Anyways..

HeinzGud

Country flag
Maldives is muslims state lolllllll. you r not, unless u r paki under lanka flag lolllllllllllllllllllllllll ..... Anyhow we r all know ur brotherhood with pak
There are Muslims but mostly Sri Lankan people who went fishing and settled! They are our brother nation.

So you're not a dutch are you?

Even if I have a brotherhood with Pak or with Bin Laden why u worry! just post suitably according to the thread! :taunt1:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
There are Muslims but mostly Sri Lankan people who went fishing and settled! They are our brother nation.

So you're not a dutch are you?

Even if I have a brotherhood with Pak or with Bin Laden why u worry! just post suitably according to the thread! :taunt1:
Believe me, Maldives is not at all the type of society you'd appreciate. They're more radicalized than Pakistanis too. I've been there and the experience of what could have been a good holiday has not been so. While politically they are peaceful and don't meddle with either you or us, as a community they are very hostile to non-Muslims.

Maldivians are a different set of people who have a very different language and culture (even pre-Islam time). Their language is Divehi and that is not even close to Sinhalese. I agree that a lot of Lankan and Indian communities settled in Maldives at one time but 95% of them are indigenous people who have little to do with either you or us.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles