China launches Asia's largest helicopter .

HeinzGud

Country flag
Russia is generally European country it's not Asian at least politically.

pmaitra

if Russia is part of Europe then Europe will be the biggest continent on earth. Can you check what Your chini books says???

Its the capital Moscow which is considered as European not the whole Russia
Yes, East of the Urals and South of the Caucasian Mountains it is Asia. Russia has more land in Asia than Europe. Same thing with erstwhile USSR.

pmaitra

Russia is generally European country it's not Asian at least politically.
USSR was Asian, politically, 100%. That helicopter was made in the USSR.

You may want to support Chinese claims of having made the largest Asian helicopter, but please be factually correct.

pmaitra

Russians choose Moscow as their capital because the gravity of their country lies around it.

In most aspects, Russia is more European than Asian.
Wait, even if you go to Vladivostok, the people are mainly of European Slavic origin. Their dress, language, food is also European. Would you say Vladivostok is in Europe? No, it is in Asia.

HeinzGud

Country flag
USSR was Asian, politically, 100%. That helicopter was made in the USSR.

You may want to support Chinese claims of having made the largest Asian helicopter, but please be factually correct.
What I said was regarding Russia not USSR!

If its European politically than Russia will be the member of NATO
Don't babble mate we all know why NATO exists! How does US qualify to be a NATO country??

pmaitra

What I said was regarding Russia not USSR!
Does't matter. Russia or USSR, both are more in Asia and less in Europe. So, going back to Asia's largest helicopter claims, what I said stands. The largest helicopter was made in the USSR.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Wait a minute, the argument for Russia is that part of its territory is in Asia, that's why it's also an Asian country. What about Great Britain? Part of its territory is in South America (Falklands), so is it also a South American country? :cool2:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Wait, even if you go to Vladivostok, the people are mainly of European Slavic origin. Their dress, language, food is also European. Would you say Vladivostok is in Europe? No, it is in Asia.
But we are talking about Russia as a whole.

As I said, I am well informed that the territory of Russia stretches from Europe to Asia. But the fact that Russia is more European than Asian remains.

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
But we are talking about Russia as whole.

As I said, I am well informed that the territory of Russia stretches from Europe to Asia. But the fact that Russia is more European than Asian remains.
Grt Avatar :thumb:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Intersting, people have to find more than one origins for Chinese weapons, which means Chinese weapons are getting more and more unique.
It isn't a weapon, it is a tech demonstrator which means Chinese weapons are still poor performing clones.

Considering the scale of achievement in space race Russians had accomplished, I am gonna say China is just doing fine by repeating what has been done by Russians. After all, there aren't many countries capable of doing that so far.
There aren't many countries who want to reinvent the wheel either. China is doing just fine wasting trillions on unprofitable ventures.

pmaitra

Wait a minute, the argument for Russia is that part of its territory is in Asia, that's why it's also an Asian country. What about Great Britain? Part of its territory is in South America (Falklands), so is it also a South American country? :cool2:
What's next? The US sent men and planted their flag on the Moon, so it is a Lunar country, right! Please talk sense.

Great Britain does not exist anymore. Yes, when the British Empire consisted of all her colonies, it was said the Sun never sets in the Queen's realm, because yes, it existed in multiple continents.

Also, The USSR, and Russia, were a contiguous and politically equivalent collection of republics, unlike Britain which had different status for UK and the rest of her territories.

But we are talking about Russia as a whole.

So that Chinese helicopter is not Asia's largest helicopter.

HeinzGud

Country flag
At least Chinese are designing a helicopter that is second to Hybrid Russia so I think China should be appreciated a little here gyuz!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What's next? The US sent men and planted their flag on the Moon, so it is a Lunar country, right! Please talk sense.

This is exactly the potential pitfall I am trying to point out from insisting that Russia is an Asian country just because part of its territory is in Asia. The UK example is valid since the Falkland Islands is under its sovereignty (it's legally called a "British Overseas Territory").

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
At least Chinese are designing a helicopter that is second to Hybrid Russia so I think China should be appreciated a little here gyuz!
Why should they be appreciated for illegally producing a licensed copy of a 40yr old French helicopter with foreign engines?

pmaitra

This is exactly the potential pitfall I am trying to point out from insisting that Russia is an Asian country just because part of its territory is in Asia. The UK example is valid since the Falkland Islands is under its sovereignty (it's legally called a "British Overseas Territory").
Part of that territory is 2/3rd of the whole of USSR. When most of the territory is in Asia, it is more Asian than European.

Blackwater

Colombo is very close to India than China Geographically. Think before you make a statement:scared2::scared2::scared2::scared2:

Blackwater

We r not talking of disputed territories mate:taunt1::taunt1::taunt1:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles