China-India ties poised for an 'orbital jump,' says Doval

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
India on Tuesday raised hopes of resolving the border dispute with China with visiting National Security Adviser Ajit Doval asserting that the strong leadership in New Delhi and Beijing were capable of achieving a breakthrough.

On a visit here ahead of President Xi Jinping's maiden trip to New Delhi, Mr. Doval told the Indian media that ties between the two nations were poised for an "orbital jump."

Mr. Xi starts his visit from Ahmedabad on September 17 and will reach New Delhi that evening, officials said.

Mr. Doval said Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Mr. Xi "are two powerful and very popular, very decisive leaders." "Whether it opens possibilities [of resolving the border dispute], yes. Whether it leads to solutions, nobody can be sure because that does not necessarily mean that it is only dependent on single factor," he said. Mr. Doval, whose mission to Beijing was to finalise preparations for the President's visit, made these observations following talks with Mr. Xi, State Councillor Yang Jiechi and Foreign Minister Wang Yi. The Chinese leadership interpreted Mr. Doval's visit as a statement of New Delhi's intent to consolidate ties. President Xi, who received Mr. Doval in the afternoon, said the NSA's visit "sends a positive signal to the outside world and I appreciate that." Mr. Xi recalled the "great conversation" he had with Mr. Modi during the BRICS summit in Brazil.
China-India ties poised for an 'orbital jump,' says Doval - The Hindu

prohumanity

Country flag
Mr Doval is right on the money. China and India are going to friends and trade will flourish ...that will uplift not 2.5 billion Indian and Chinese but the entire developing world. To great ancient civilizations know how to live in a harmonious relationship with mutual respect.
No arrogant, narcissistic , hegemonistic ,power in the world can stop this imminent great change . Paki can not interfere and create enmity anymore ..it has become a big liability for its masters in Washington and Riyadh.( a bottomless pit of financial need and breeding ground of terrorists)

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Mr Doval is right on the money. China and India are going to friends and trade will flourish ...that will uplift not 2.5 billion Indian and Chinese but the entire developing world. To great ancient civilizations know how to live in a harmonious relationship with mutual respect.
No arrogant, narcissistic , hegemonistic ,power in the world can stop this imminent great change . Paki can not interfere and create enmity anymore ..it has become a big liability for its masters in Washington and Riyadh.( a bottomless pit of financial need and breeding ground of terrorists)
nothing personal at all to the two of you ......im so sorry i cant agree
actually i wish you were right and myself mistaken

but i can smell the naivete of pre 1962 all over again and i can hear the ccp-chinny-ians sniggering quietly
in the background .

Arya-varta, please be careful of that fiend, the dragon.

CCP

but i can smell the naivete of pre 1962 all over again and i can hear the ccp-chinny-ians sniggering quietly
in the background .

Well, as long as no more "forward policy" , China and India can do business together.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!

in the background .

Nah.... Modi may be a lot of things but he is not "Hindi Cheeni Bhai Bhai " Idealist . And I think Govt. will maintain its policy of blocking Chinese Investment in "sensitive sectors".
The Govt. has fast tracked the LAC border infra and is raising a new Mountain strike corp.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Take three years of holiday in good faith and not irritate each Other. Chinese will not constantly encroach inside Indian territories and India will not arm and train Vietnam. Later Chinese will put on hold on all infrastructure development in Tibet and suspend nuclear related supplies to Pakistan and India will hold off in our military relations development with Japan (economic developments excepted).

In three years each will know the other's faith and proceed to develop relations further.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Well, as long as no more "forward policy" , China and India can do business together.
Even with forward policy china and India will do business together.
This is not 62 and china and India are way smarter then they were in 62.

CCP

Even with forward policy china and India will do business together.
If India want another 1962 war, apply "forward policy" could be a good start.

PS. personally I would like to see that happens.

Compersion

Country flag
What would basis of the border resolution look like. The emphasis and focus is only on Western area(s).

kseeker

Retired

That's the spirit, now you are talking :thumb:

I will simply repeat, what @Ray Sir has said. Personally, I would love to see it happen.

Let's settle everything once and for all :namaste:

Last edited by a moderator:

SADAKHUSH

Country flag

What ever your fantasy is will shatter into pieces. I want you to read the history of all the nations who have tried to expand or occupied foreign lands have either been broken up or can have limited defense forces as in the case of Japan and Germany. If you follow the news wait till UK being broken up in to two nations. I would love to fulfill your dreams once for all so that next generation in your country can live with their feet on the ground.

Dhairya Yadav

You think India is weak ? No, India as of now, is weaker than China but certainly not weak.
We might not have enough to launch an attack on China , but we certainly have enough to defend our land.
So what you are suggesting is a useless, unfruitful war , which will keep on going until there is a ceasefire agreement, plus get your entire economy shattered.
You Chinese are eyeing Vietnam procuring Kilo with suspicion as they have created an excellent deterrence against you,
and you think you can wage and at the same time win a war against India? Please, dont make me laugh.
If your Govt has any brains , they would never wage a war against India, you would be doing more harm to yourselves than us.

As everybody is saying here, I would love to see that happen.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
What India and PRC need is negotiations and not war.

With the cancellation of President of PRC trip to Pakistan there is a good foundation available.

amoy

Here is what I posted on positioning Sino India relationship before

China and India have managed frictions well. Despite minor border skirmishes and incursions due to different perceptions of boundaries, both have successfully maintained "peace and tranquility" in btwn for decades, unlike India-PAK escalating to confrontations.

The 2 countries have to manage expectation too of bilateral relations. On security India is not China's priority and doesn't deserve that much whoopla. China's challenges - 1. Eastward - West Pacific countering an American pivot 2. Westward - vast hinterlands of Central Asia, of vital importance for Chinese energy security in face of a possible post-NATO security vacuum. On economic ties, Sino-India trading volume of $6bil or so per annum, is insignificant in comparison to Sino-Japanese $350bil (Y2013). No need to over-hype our rivalry or dream of a drastic improvement. Just manage the "cold peace" as it is bearing in mind the sole aim of "peace and tranquility", no more no less.

Pragmatic assessments lead to setting right priorities. The next step IMO for China is to ease the tensions with Japan and push for the C-J-K FTA while putting Sino-Indian things on the back burner. Xi's impending visit of India is enough to do the cosmetic.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...ally-speaking-isnt-india-chinas-pakistan.html

Don't over-rate the importance of Sino-india relationship. and manage our expectation!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Actually China is being overrated and they should be ignored.

China, as it is, has many problems of their own to iron out.

no smoking

Country flag
Chinese will not constantly encroach inside Indian territories
Based on the definition of "incursion" by Indians, India should stop encroaching inside Chinese territories at the same time.

India will not arm and train Vietnam.
Considering India economical capability and weapons, Russians or Americans will be far better choice for Vietnam.

Later Chinese will put on hold on all infrastructure development in Tibet
Sure, as long as India put on hold on all infrastructure development in northern India.

and suspend nuclear related supplies to Pakistan and India will hold off in our military relations development with Japan (economic developments excepted).
You mean Japan's military aid or TOT to India? We don't worry about that!
Or India's military alliance with Japan? Well, we don't worry about something meaningless!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles