China, India can 'change the world' - China Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
there should be no illusion that we can ever become brothers like in the bhai quote.

however it is in both our interests that there is no conflict between china and india in the future. it will be all loss and no gain for both sides, whether economic or otherwise.

we should be like neighbors who say a friendly hello to each other in the morning before getting on with our own business.
Off course once you vacate Aksai Chin stop casting your eyes on Indian terrority of Arunachal Pradesh. And yes Shaksgham Valley that the Pakis stole from us and gave it to you as well.

Every day will be a good day and we will wish you and not call you Chinese 50 cents and what's more we will get together and bash the evil west :D

Tianshan

Every day will be a good day and we will wish you and not call you Chinese 50 cents and what's more we will get together and bash the evil west :D
lol, do you really think that is something we care about? by your smiley i am sure you must be being sarcastic.

there are plenty of west-bashers around the world, but india is not one of them. the exact opposite in fact.

we should be like neighbors who say a friendly hello to each other in the morning before getting on with our own business.
Off course once you vacate Aksai Chin stop casting your eyes on Indian terrority of Arunachal Pradesh. And yes Shaksgham Valley that the Pakis stole from us and gave it to you as well.
what, your precondition for being peaceful neighbors is for us to give up land?

i am glad you are not one of the decision makers in india's government then.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
lol, do you really think that is something we care about? by your smiley i am sure you must be being sarcastic.

there are plenty of west-bashers around the world, but india is not one of them. the exact opposite in fact.

Actually It is the Indian go t position too bound by the constitution if India.

But right now India is comfortable with status quo. So I guess you can stop needling in Arnachal and we can have peace.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
On October 30, the defence brass of the two countries had some anxious moments after nuclear-armed Chinese fighter aircraft were dispatched to scramble Indian jets flying in the Tawang region of Arunachal Pradesh.

Nuclear armed air defence fighters...? They will shoot nuclear A2A missiles?

BTW, the AIF jet in the picture is the yet to be inducted PAKFA...

Tianshan

Actually It is the Indian go t position too bound by the constitution if India.
are you sure about that?

all i said in my post is that china and india should avoid conflict, and should co-exist peacefully while minding their own problems, like the average person typically acts towards their next door neighbors.

does the indian constitution say that this cannot happen unless china gives up land?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
On October 30, the defence brass of the two countries had some anxious moments after nuclear-armed Chinese fighter aircraft were dispatched to scramble Indian jets flying in the Tawang region of Arunachal Pradesh.

Nuclear armed air defence fighters...? They will shoot nuclear A2A missiles?

BTW, the AIF jet in the picture is the yet to be inducted PAKFA...
Trust the India Media for a bit of exaggeration. If India sends a Mirage they'd call it the nuclear capable Mirage to just add some spice.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
are you sure about that?

all i said in my post is that china and india should avoid conflict, and should co-exist peacefully while minding their own problems, like the average person typically acts towards their next door neighbors.

does the indian constitution say that this cannot happen unless china gives up land?
The Indian govt is bound by the constitution to protect the territorial integrity of India. Any peace talks that require any change of the geographics of India will require constitutional amendment.

So while giving up of all lands may not be the only way to get peace, as long as there is no talks, the govt of India is bound by the constitution to get all it's claimed land back in Indian control.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If India sends a Mirage they'd call it the nuclear capable Mirage to just add some spice.
The article went more than just sensationalising... it said that the Chinese jets were "nuclear-armed."

arya

Country flag
lots of lots IF are there in the main thread .

yes we can change the world we both can be leader if peace take place ..

china has to take a big step and solve all the issue with India

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The article went more than just sensationalising... it said that the Chinese jets were "nuclear-armed."
I am sure they have good intel sources to say the Chinis were nuclear armed. China will not use nukes even if their is a major war with India let alone a "scare them" mission.

jamesvaikom

This happend 50 years ago. Our trade will soon reach the 100 billion mark. Even Poland and Russia have very close relation ships with the Germans now, who wanted to eradicate the entire eastern european population 60 years ago.
And whats wrong with trading? No one talks about opening up our borders or to share anything confidential with them
We can forget what happened 50 years ago. But how can we ignore that they are now claiming about Arunachal Pradesh. Our trade with China is largely in favour of China. Many Chinese companies are making profit by selling fake Indian products. If an Indian company make money by tax evasion then we will protest against that company. But if a wholesale trader make profit by selling smuggled Chinese goods then nobody will protest.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This happend 50 years ago. Our trade will soon reach the 100 billion mark. Even Poland and Russia have very close relation ships with the Germans now, who wanted to eradicate the entire eastern european population 60 years ago.
And whats wrong with trading? No one talks about opening up our borders or to share anything confidential with them
The trade with China is way in favour of China and crumbs for India.

However, maybe that is required so as to boost our own infrastructure.

Yet, the cheap goods and its malfunction is taking a heavy toll.

It is time to weigh up the cost vs efficiency.

Also, like it or not, it is quite a different kettle of fish when China claims everything that hugs the border!

Soon they will claim everything of India with the way they interpret history since they will claim they are the legatee of Chengiz Khan and Timur Lame and hence the legatee of the Mughals!

Nothing is surprising from the Chinese, outlandish as their claim maybe!

They will just produce a map with dots as they did for SCS even though those dots were because the chap who was making the map shook his pen to let the ink flow and it splattered all over!

They, the Chinese, are very dotty! :pound:

Last edited:

Tronic

Very unwise move from the Chinsee side, investing in India's infrastructure? UK did not do it after India's independence, US did not do it,
France did not do it, soviets did but russian stopped doing it, Japan did not do it, now it is China to build up India's backbone for industry?
Whoever made this decision is a fool.
Actually, Japan is one of the biggest investors in Indian infrastructure. You don't know what you're talking about. Secondly, China doesn't do anything for free, they only put their money where they see a profit and this is no different.

Snuggy321

The trade with China is way in favour of China and crumbs for India.

However, maybe that is required so as to boost our own infrastructure.

Yet, the cheap goods and its malfunction is taking a heavy toll.

It is time to weigh up the cost vs efficiency.

Also, like it or not, it is quite a different kettle of fish when China claims everything that hugs the border!

Soon they will claim everything of India with the way they interpret history since they will claim they are the legatee of Chengiz Khan and Timur Lame and hence the legatee of the Mughals!

Nothing is surprising from the Chinese, outlandish as their claim maybe!

They will just produce a map with dots as they did for SCS even though those dots were because the chap who was making the map shook his pen to let the ink flow and it splattered all over!

They, the Chinese, are very dotty! :pound:
Like the article pointed it out: We have to settle the border dispute first . However, what do you mean that trade crumbs India? China is the 2end largest economy, how can growing economic ties hurt India? Sure, some local companies might be in a disadvantage and will ultimately loose, but these are the rules of the free market. This simply happens on the market. If you cant compete you will loose, thus you need to change something! Competition is hard but in the long term it will benefit out economy. And your idea that Chinese goods = cheap plastic toys is just ridiculous.

Tronic

We need to sit down and resolve our border issues for good to be able to move forward. I say let's just make the LAC the permanent border. Chinese get to keep Aksai Chin, we get to keep Tawang.

Snuggy321

Actually, Japan is one of the biggest investors in Indian infrastructure. You don't know what you're talking about. Secondly, China doesn't do anything for free, they only put their money where they see a profit and this is no different.
And you think that the Japanese dont want to see anything out of their investments??? Do you think they gift us their money, just because they like us soooo much or what?

mikhail

Country flag

do you really think that we care a damn about you chini people and your CCP govt.:rofl:i for one won't believe the chinis even if God comes to earth and tell me that they have totally changed over the last 50 years!chinis are world class backstabbers(India,Vietnam,U.S.A.,U.S.S.R. are some examples of their back stabbing policy).we should be extremely careful when dealing with them(though i know they don't have the capacity to repeat another '62 like invasion:rolleyes:)!

aerokan

Country flag
And you think that the Japanese dont want to see anything out of their investments??? Do you think they gift us their money, just because they like us soooo much or what?
He meant that Japanese invest because there is profit to make. And especially considering China is very profit oriented country, it gives all the more reason for China to invest in India. He also pointed out the ignorance of the Chinese poster related to profits in infrastructure and whether countries invested or not. He is pointing to the fact that the Chinese poster is just making a false propoganda.

PS: Start reading the posts carefully before trying to beat up the other person. You fell so easily for the Chinese propaganda machine. Don't come to conclusions based on what Chinese say. Try to understand what they mean, not what they say.

aerokan

Country flag
dude, we have to move on. We cant live in a war like situation forever. Do you want your children to live in a unstable neighborhood where people even talk about nuclear war? 1962 is past. We are two emerging countries and neighbors, this provides more oppertunities than threats. We have to learn to live together in peace and mutual friendship and growing trade is the best way to build up a strong friendship. Let us not destroy our efforts by a borderdispute created by some colonialists some hundred years ago.
sounds reasonable on paper. I somehow remembered Nehru after reading this. Let me ask you a few things. I agree that we have to move on. Yes, we can't live in a war like situation for ever. No we don't want to live in a unstable neighbourhood. 1962 is past.. agreed. Yes, we have more opportunities together. Yes, we have to learn to live together in peace and mutual friendship. India already grew our trade giving China no.2 status as the trade partner. Is it the same from Chinese side? Are they even making an effort to change anything? Are they even trying to resolve the border disputes with real intent to grow a friendlier relationship? Let's say that we here stop hating China. What will happen next?

Is China going to stop arming naxals? or North-east insurgents? Or stop trying to use Pukistan as the proxy to fight against India?
Will it stop crying foul everytime PM visits Arunachal? If China had good intentions, why would it start printing a map on visas with the areas showing arunachal and aksai chin ruled and claimed by India respectively? Why did China tried to block a bid for the permanent seat in the last minute?

1962 is 50 years back. But even in the last 50 years, Chinese attitude never changed. They are not trustworthy to begin with. Forget about all these big steps, if China accepts that Arunachal pradesh is a territory that is 'disputed' instead of claiming 'undisputable soverignity', i promise i would give a minute of my precious life to think if Chinese are worthy of giving a second thought. Till then, there is no point trying to cozying up with the Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles