China in its 1980s -- Street Shots

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

mini skirt and designer purse? looks like she traveled back from the future

this one too, 2012 Paris is grey in theme.

schools has janitors but it is the students to clean up their classroom, it is part of their curriculum.

typical 1980 smile, pure, innocent and full of confidence.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

Family

A young female worker

armored... it is for bayonet training I believe.

this is definitely the '70s instead of '80s, good old man Hua still smiles in paintings.

steamed bean buns, a delicacy for Chinese, Korean and Japanese. you see it in Kongfu Panda

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

Classroom, an abacus, how typical.

Female Soldier

I don't know what is this, hand made barley noodles? looks like Korean.

A Chinese Muslim elderly, he must be one of the imams, the folding fan and his turban are good combination.

Herb paddler, they are Miao people I think

Mongolian, milking a cow.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

beer factory

accountant in a village, since the 1950, China put great efforts in eliminating illiteracy, esp. among women.

A typical north farmer home, the sign on the window suggests they are newly weds.

Hotel waitress holding some coca cola, a sign for opening up

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

machine made noodles, taste horrible, but very popular at that time not only in army, but in civilian's daily life, it saves time while every body is busy working....

foreign performers put up a show on great wall, see the contrast of colors.

Lama monks

Yi kids, see they are bare footed, Yi people is still among the poorest in China now, due to the impossible terrain, and after the opening up, these people in Yunnan was the first batch victim of smuggled-in drugs. but they all wearing shoes now and Government is working on relocating them from deep mountains to keep them away from drugs.

An elderly lay in Late minguo (KMT republic of China) style. the way she dressed is hardly seen now.

A model worker, our nation's name Zhonghua's hua, means flower, we decorate our heroes with flower, it is somehow a thousands year tradition, at that time, bonus is fame rather than money.

mikhail

Country flag
cool pics mate!btw who's the girl in the first and the 2nd pic?(gotta admit she looks pretty!:wave:)

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

old farmers resting in an alley. somewhere in North China

A Miao or a Tujia girl working in fields.

I think they are Tibetan villagers working on improving the arable soil.

Jiedao (neighborhood district) factory are making pillow shams, many of these non-state-run small businesses became international businesses.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles