China ignores Pakistan's concerns, approves Indian basmati imports

Blackwater

China ignores Pakistan's concerns, approves Indian basmati imports:laugh::laugh::lol::lol::lol:

BEIJING: China has made a rare trade move opening up import channels for Indian basmati rice although it might hurt exports of similar produce from its close ally, Pakistan. According to sources, this is a politically sensitive move that suggests that Beijing is no more willing to walk the extra mile to protect Pakistan's interests.

China has been importing Pakistani aromatic rice for the past few years. Islamabad is known to have been persuading China not to allow Indian basmati because it will affect its already small export basket. What is more, Pakistan has begun to push China to buy more of its cotton yarn after New Delhi slapped a partial ban on cotton exports.

Though New Delhi and Beijing signed the basmati protocol 2006, it has taken China over five years to give the green signal because the Pakistan factor played a role in its thinking, sources said.

China ignores Pakistan's concerns, approves Indian basmati imports - The Times of India

nasavsisro

accha khana sab chahte h ! :) Pakistan ko bas dusmani nibhani h or kuch nahi

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In Singapore I had Pakistani basmati and Indian basmati.

Though the Pakistani basmati was highly touted by the shopkeeper, I found the Indian basmati better in grain, though neither had the aroma of Dehra Dun basmati that I used to have in my childhood!

The Chinese are sharp customers. Again my experience in Singapore and Malaysia.

They know what is money's worth!

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
What is the ultimate China's policy with India? Why does Pakistan get "Angst" with every friendly move by China towards India? It looks like China is trying very hard to keep India in her camp by making friendly gestures.

satish007

did not know Chinese like Indian rice lolllllllllllll
I predicted this one year ago. nobody cared.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...hina-suffering-water-shortage.html#post270189

Indian's rice produce is nolike Chinese, not stable, base on monsoon, obviously, your guys' basmati are organic rice which is scarce resource in China.
you guys may have not know how to polish bad/mouldy rice using poisonous chemicals like Chinese, so Indian rice will be popular. come to save us, India China bhai bhai.
answer my questions one year ago.
What's Indian rice price now?
my avatar's place, Sikh(Punjab) products 50% food for India?

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
China ignores Pakistan's concerns, approves Indian basmati imports:laugh::laugh::lol::lol::lol:

BEIJING: China has made a rare trade move opening up import channels for Indian basmati rice although it might hurt exports of similar produce from its close ally, Pakistan. According to sources, this is a politically sensitive move that suggests that Beijing is no more willing to walk the extra mile to protect Pakistan's interests.

China has been importing Pakistani aromatic rice for the past few years. Islamabad is known to have been persuading China not to allow Indian basmati because it will affect its already small export basket. What is more, Pakistan has begun to push China to buy more of its cotton yarn after New Delhi slapped a partial ban on cotton exports.

Though New Delhi and Beijing signed the basmati protocol 2006, it has taken China over five years to give the green signal because the Pakistan factor played a role in its thinking, sources said.

China ignores Pakistan's concerns, approves Indian basmati imports - The Times of India
lol... China cheated it's gf over rice.

Blackwater

I predicted this one year ago. nobody cared.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...hina-suffering-water-shortage.html#post270189

Indian's rice produce is nolike Chinese, not stable, base on monsoon, obviously, your guys' basmati are organic rice which is scarce resource in China.
you guys may have not know how to polish bad/mouldy rice using poisonous chemicals like Chinese, so Indian rice will be popular. come to save us, India China bhai bhai.
answer my questions one year ago.
What's Indian rice price now?
my avatar's place, Sikh(Punjab) products 50% food for India?
but y u ditched pakistani rice???????

sob

Mod
Country flag
Good news for India. A little help to our balance of payments with China.

one

Seems like the higher than mountain is submerging in the deeper than Indian ocean.

Vishwarupa

Country flag
Strategically India should not export agricultural products & scarce minerals to china.

Kesang

Great move. It will help in balancing our trade deficit with China.

s002wjh

Country flag
Strategically India should not export agricultural products & scarce minerals to china.
huh you do know there are alot other countries selling china rice and resource. india should cash in on chinas surplus. also trade is good way to elimante some the mistrust between each other.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Could some Chinese poster tell us about 'Glutinous rice'?

Is it Glutinous by breed, or does it become glutinous because of the cooking process.

I am not meaning Congee.

Last edited:

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
I thought China was producing Rice for it's consumption all this time and even export :p

amoy

I thought China was producing Rice for it's consumption all this time and even export :p
Southern coastal provinces rely hugely on import of rice especially from Thailand, and Vietnam, owing to scarce arable lands.

Korbsook Iamsuri, the association's president, said Thai rice exports were facing a tougher situation amid fierce competition in the world market. Since India lifted its export ban late last year, exports of Thai and even Vietnamese rice have slipped significantly.

"The falling volume of Thai exports is a warning sign that Thailand may lose the title of the world's largest rice exporter to India within the first half of this year," Korbsook said.

Reactions: sob

mylegend

Could some Chinese poster tell us about 'Glutinous rice'?

Is it Glutinous by breed, or does it become glutinous because of the cooking process.

I am not meaning Congee.
It is a breed of rice, Oryza sativa var. glutinosa. Matsum, is a example of it. Can't make normal rice glutinous by cooking process... Countries like China, Korea, Vietnam and Japan, uses it to make dish such as rice cake

Last edited:

arkem8

Country flag
Basmati is an expensive gourmet rice, used in high end rice based Indian cuisine. Asians use chopsticks to shovel(for lack of a better word)sticky short grained glutinous rice from a bowl(typically!) into ones mouth.

Basmati long grained, non-glutinous and has a very distinctive subcontinental aroma when boiled.

To me Asian cuisine and Basmati(or for that matter any long grained Himalayan strains) are incompatible.

BTW the Yanks tried to rip-off Basmati rice by growing a similar long grained, brownish strain in Texas(Texmati). The taste is completely different..:shocked:

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles