China has dismiss the chief designer of J-20 ,JF-17 & J-10

Neo

Your post is very accurate but I don't think Pakistan has any contribution in R&D of FC1 except for may be some money.
Though I am not well informed about this subject.
PAF team contributed a lot without carrying out the R&D part itself. One of our priorities was to integrate our experience and know how of western platforms, specially the F-16 into the JF-17. Therefore a lot of changes were made in the design and the flight envelope was co-developed with PAF team.

There's a reason the JF-17 has great resemblance with the F-16

Neo

@Neo @gadeshi which design is better aerodynamically, FC 1 or j10
Hard to answer, both are equally good according to their end users. PAF delayed the purchase of the J-10/FC-20 as the JF-17 turned out to be more capable than we expected it to be and we decided to purchase more of them.

The J-10 is still on the table, time will tell if it will ever fly in PAF colors

gadeshi

Hard to answer, both are equally good according to their end users. PAF delayed the purchase of the J-10/FC-20 as the JF-17 turned out to be more capable than we expected it to be and we decided to purchase more of them.

The J-10 is still on the table, time will tell if it will ever fly in PAF colors
I personally would be for J-10.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

IndianHawk

Country flag

Most probably it will .
Western jets are too costly for Pakistan and then the risk of sanction in the future.
They seem to be most feasible option for PAF .
China is not ready to export j31 anytime soon and they will be very expensive as well.

AbRaj

Country flag

I think main advantage of j10 is its advanced avionics which is derived from lavi project (?) plus better Payload compared to FC1 also logistical support as China is using them too

AbRaj

Country flag
PAF team contributed a lot without carrying out the R&D part itself. One of our priorities was to integrate our experience and know how of western platforms, specially the F-16 into the JF-17. Therefore a lot of changes were made in the design and the flight envelope was co-developed with PAF team.

Oh come on, you know that's bullshyte. You simply customized it using various available resources mainly from China itself. And please don't mention about C++ job done by rookies at PAC.
Don't forget that original redesign was by Grumman over the F7/Mig 21. That explains the similarity (if any)

AbRaj

Country flag
Chini maal, guaranteed to fails.

Indonesian president watches failed firings of Chinese-made C-705 missiles at naval exercise

The Indonesian Navy's (Tentara Nasional Indonesia - Angkatan Laut, or TNI-AL's) attempt to successfully launch Chinese-made C-705 anti-ship missiles from two indigenously built attack craft during a major naval exercise has failed, sources from within the service informed IHS Jane's on 15 September.

The missiles, which were deployed onboard the KCR-40-class missile attack craft KRIClurit (641) and KRI Kujang (642), each failed at different stages of their launches on 14 September.

Clurit and Kujang each fired a single C-705 missile during Exercise 'Armada Jaya' 2016 which was conducted in the Java Sea.

Both attempts were made in full view of Indonesian President Joko Widodo who was there to witness the exercise from onboard the landing platform dock ship KRIBanjarmasin (592). Accompanying him was TNI-AL chief Admiral Ade Supandi, and Indonesian Armed Forces (TNI) chief General Gatot Nurmantyo.

According to TNI-AL sources, the first C-705 deployed on Clurit failed to launch upon command, but fired unexpectedly about five minutes later after the ship's crew failed to observe a misfire procedure. :rofl:

The missile failed to hit its designated target for the exercise, the recently decommissioned Tisza-class auxiliary support ship, Karimata (960). The second C-705 missile, which was fired from Kujang , failed during mid-flight, and subsequently also failed to hit the same target. :pound:

Besides Clurit and Kujang , 'Armada Jaya' also involves the participation of about 7,000 TNI personnel and 39 naval vessels including a Cakra Type 209/1300-class diesel-electric submarine (SSK).

Other TNI-AL weapons that will be tested during the exercise, that runs until the end of September 2016, include the C-802 anti-ship missile that has also been acquired from China.
That's hilarious. Hope Indonesians buy some reliable stuff next time @SexyChineseLady look now Superpower Chinese weapons refused the orders of tiny and not so "China Rich" Indonesians. I think now on they only take orders from Sultan Xi 11 ping

Last edited:

Neo

I personally would be for J-10.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk
J-10 has seen much more investment and development, the J-10C comes quite close to block 52. Indeed, it is much ahead of JF-17 and probably superior to it.

Neo

Oh come on, you know that's bullshyte. You simply customized it using various available resources mainly from China itself. And please don't mention about C++ job done by rookies at PAC.
Don't forget that original redesign was by Grumman over the F7/Mig 21. That explains the similarity (if any)
You obviously have little knowledge of the project. PAF initially had plans to further develop the F-7 into Super Sabre II but that project never matarialised. Once we were hit by fresh US sanctions in early nineties, China was approached to develop a whole new fighter similar to the F-16.

FC-1 is a Russian concept based on the Migoyan design buro project 33 or the Izdeliye-33.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_MiG-33

AbRaj

Country flag
You obviously have little knowledge of the project. PAF initially had plans to further develop the F-7 into Super Sabre II but that project never matarialised. Once we were hit by fresh US sanctions in early nineties, China was approached to develop a whole new fighter similar to the F-16.

FC-1 is a Russian concept based on the Migoyan design buro project 33 or the Izdeliye-33.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_MiG-33
Correct me if I am wrong but
Project 33 is more to do with j10 than Fc1 .
Btw wiki FC1/JF 17 page is full of lies with irrelevant and dysfunctional links. I fear that this is the work of some forum brave hearts . Not of professionals .
btw I failed to find any valuable contribution by PAC on FC1 project apart from being front agency for buying some off the shelf components for Chinese banned company CAC and usual "valuable experience of flying F16 "

Last edited:

AbRaj

Country flag
Btw wiki FC1/JF 17 page is full of lies with irrelevant and dysfunctional links. I fear that this is the work of some forum brave hearts . Not of professionals .
btw I failed to find any valuable contribution by PAC on FC1 project apart from being front agency for buying some off the shelf components for Chinese banned company CAC and usual "valuable experience of flying F16 "
And @Neo please don't get angry at me if something posted by me is not correct . Being a senior member and more related to subject onus on you to correct me

Neo

J-10 is based on Israeli Lavi project which was abandoned under US pressure. Israel sold it to China for approx $500 million.
It has no Russian technology or input.

JF-17 is the Russian Izdelye-33, abandoned in 1986. No prototype got ever built. Preliminary research, technology and windtunnel tests were completed before China purchased tho whole project and called it FC-1.
Pakistan sent a whole dedicated team of engineers to China, some were even taught to speak Mandarin. Our technical input was restricted, its basically a Chinese project co-funded by Pakistan in order to have our first experience of developing a fighter from scratch. As I stated earlier, our team which had almost two decades of flying experience with the F-16 did assist with developing the flight envelope and integration of western systems into it. The Thunder flies like a F-16 and block III is expected to come quite close to block 52+Aesa.

What we got in return is a capable fighter and full ToT. Early batches were assembled in Kama, now they're being co-produced. When the block III arrives, PAC will be manufacturing 52% of the airframe and parts of avionics.

airtel

Country flag

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: please post such comments in the " jokes thread "

Last edited:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Project 33 or Mig-33 was a single engine versions of Mig-29 and was being persues as light multirole fighter. But it was cancelled. Some studies was done though. Later it was purchased by China with complete design and test data(lab based). Chinese developed it and did intial production. Today PAC is assembling it using kits. Though Pakistanis claim they are producing 50% of it from raw materials. But so far they have not come up with details about sections they are producing.

J-10 is Isreali designed Lavi.

Neo

In the main FC-1/JF-17 thread, pics are posted from PAC and related contributiors showing sections and parts being manufactured in Pakistan.
The fuselage comes in kit but will be produced in Pakistan when we switch to block III.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
I have mixed feelings about C++ On the one hand it is a commonly used language and it is probably way easier to find a quality C++ programmer than a quality ADA programmer. On the other hand ADA has a lot of compile time error checking as opposed to runtime. I'm curious if they just use stock compilers like GCC for aircraft code or they heavily modify the compiler to do additional compile time checking to get some of the same behaviors like ADA.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That's hilarious. Hope Indonesians buy some reliable stuff next time @SexyChineseLady look now Superpower Chinese weapons refused the orders of tiny and not so "China Rich" Indonesians. I think now on they only take orders from Sultan Xi 11 ping
The hilarious part is that even with poor Chini quality, they themselves don't want the 'super duper' JF17. That trash can is good only for the likes of cash constrained poor countries like Pakis. Is Nigeria still going for it have they seen sense?

AbRaj

Country flag
I have mixed feelings about C++ On the one hand it is a commonly used language and it is probably way easier to find a quality C++ programmer than a quality ADA programmer. On the other hand ADA has a lot of compile time error checking as opposed to runtime. I'm curious if they just use stock compilers like GCC for aircraft code or they heavily modify the compiler to do additional compile time checking to get some of the same behaviors like ADA.
There is a reason C is not used for precision military grade softwere anywhere in the world

AbRaj

Country flag
J-10 is based on Israeli Lavi project which was abandoned under US pressure. Israel sold it to China for approx $500 million.
It has no Russian technology or input.

JF-17 is the Russian Izdelye-33, abandoned in 1986. No prototype got ever built. Preliminary research, technology and windtunnel tests were completed before China purchased tho whole project and called it FC-1.
Pakistan sent a whole dedicated team of engineers to China, some were even taught to speak Mandarin. Our technical input was restricted, its basically a Chinese project co-funded by Pakistan in order to have our first experience of developing a fighter from scratch. As I stated earlier, our team which had almost two decades of flying experience with the F-16 did assist with developing the flight envelope and integration of western systems into it. The Thunder flies like a F-16 and block III is expected to come quite close to block 52+Aesa.

What we got in return is a capable fighter and full ToT. Early batches were assembled in Kama, now they're being co-produced. When the block III arrives, PAC will be manufacturing 52% of the airframe and parts of avionics.
Yes indeed FC1/jf17 was and to a greater extent necessisity for PAF , and its not very bad since it can carry an array of chinease weapons at extreamely affordable price .
Cradit must be given to Paf procurement dept.

But by looking at airframe design project 33 very much resembles to J10 , specially the airintake design and not Fc 1

Btw II accept j10looks exactly like lavi

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles