China hails Philippines' pullout in South China Sea

Zero_Wing

And there will be no effect on EU, US and all those countries? Your view on military matters may be entertaining, However your knowledge or lack of it on economics are not.

For every dollar that China exports to EU, they also spend half of them on import from them.
Only a nutcase will think freezing trade between China and rest of the world in the middle of financial storms is a good thing.
And also in your military for future world conquest

s002wjh

Country flag
Interesting point.

Deter Chinese aggression but not help another country's claim.

If the US is not involved in helping another country's claim even indirectly, then where is the requirement to deter 'Chinese aggression'?

Logically seen, if China wants to occupy a disputed territory and makes it its own and the US deters the same, it means that the US is indirectly assisting the other country to establish its claim.

Americans are not known to be a very informed people. Their role model is Joe the Plumber and find it delightful to have a VP candidate, Sarah Palin, who can see Russia from her window! Can't blame them since they have been brought up on Superman being capable of having vision that see far and through anything! Therefore, if they do not know about things beyond their shores, one should not be surprised.

Not only Sarah Palin has no clue of the world, here is another case where the depth of knowledge of a US President aspirant indicates that the Americans know little beyond there shores.

On the other hand, Americans are very possessive about doing things the American way. This is what Bush said when he went to war on Iraq:

Also

Therefore:

1. The Americans do not possess the knowledge to know beyond their shores.

2. The US will defend its American way of life, come what may, come what the sacrifices are.

As far as the economy goes, check the situation China is (in the thread Doom and Gloom of China's Economy).

The largest Chinese partners (2011 figures) are the EU, US, Japan, South Korea and India. Imagine the economic and social turmoil if they stop their trade with China on a US nudge, nudge, wink, wink?
like i said its symbolic. its like if carry a 45 auto, and you saw it, are you gonna miss with me or misbehave? probably not, but even if you stealing right before me, would i start pull out my 45 and shoot you, No.

the increase of military deployment in asia is a way to intimidate china from acting too aggressively, therefore its deterrent, just like nuke. however, even if china start insist on claim the island through force out of no where, US will just bad mouth china, supply intel and weapon to philippine, and Maybe put some economic embargo, military confronation is the last thing on US politicians mind. there are too many things to lose, and not enough gain to justify a war with china. so unless china invade philippine mainland for no reason, there won't be a war with china. its art of war, make the enemy felt they gonna be attack, but the truth is far from it. there are plenty examples, georiga, WWII, korean war, vietnam war, even current syria situation. china has to do alot dumb things to drag us into a war against them, and they are certainlly not iraq. a war with china could escalate to a bigger event if both party don't stay cool headed.

US defend way of life is for american. not just any event or any country. Georiga was ally of US, and a member of nato, did US help georiga against russia in2008?

and any person think US economy won't be affected in war against china need take a economy class or study trade/economy between china/us/world. furthermore there are issues with north korea, iran, syria etc. war with china could distablized the whole region. it will affect the shipping in SCS, which affect japan, korea, china and other nations. like i said there are ALOT to lose for some uninhabit island 10k mile away from US, that most american didn't even heard of it or care. also when was last time a nuclear state goto war with another nuclear state. superpower/major power like china/russia/US usually use third party, a smaller country to play their game and not directly attack each other.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles