China fires back at hacking claims

ice berg

I think some Chinese has been stealing other Chinese's trade secrets longer than the existence of America, you are after all a 3 millinia civilization... But what's happening now is a stealing on a massive scale of other people's hard work.
Now you are showing your ignorance again.

Rowe & Brook 2009, p. 84:
Economic and industrial espionage has a long history. The work of Father Francois Xavier d'Entrecolles in Jingdezhen, China to reveal to Europe the manufacturing methods of Chinese porcelain in 1712 is sometimes considered an early case of industrial espionage.

Notable cases:
France and the United States
Between 1987 and 1989, IBM and Texas Instruments were thought to have been targeted by French spies with the intention of helping France's Groupe Bull.[37] In 1993, US aerospace companies were also thought to have been targeted by French interests.[38] During the early 1990s, France was described as one of the most aggressive pursuers of espionage to garner foreign industrial and technological secrets.[37] France accused the U.S. of attempting to sabotage its high tech industrial base.[37] The government of France has been alleged to have conducted ongoing industrial espionage against American aerodynamics and satellite companies

VolkswagenIn 1993, car manufacturer Opel, the German division of General Motors, accused Volkswagen of industrial espionage after Opel's chief of production, Jose Ignacio Lopez, and seven other executives moved to Volkswagen.[13] Volkswagen subsequently threatened to sue for defamation, resulting in a four-year legal battle.[13] The case, which was finally settled in 1997, resulted in one of the largest settlements in the history of industrial espionage, with Volkswagen agreeing to pay General Motors $100 million and to buy at least $1 billion of car parts from the company over 7 years, although it did not explicitly apologize for Lopez's behavior

German counter-intelligence experts have maintained the German economy is losing around €53 billion or the equivalent of 30,000 jobs to economic espionage yearly. The main perpetrator was thought to be China, though Russia was also considered "top of the list," with a variety of espionage methods being used, from old fashioned spying, phone tapping and stealing laptops, to internet based methods, such as the use of Trojan email attacks.

It was not China who invented this and this is still been done by many countries. Welcome to the grown up world.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It was not China who invented this and this is still been done by many countries. Welcome to the grown up world.

CHina has elevated cyber stealing to unprecedented levels. It shows in the widespread complaints against it, and a lot of Chinese products indeed look very much like Western products.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
we have many military secrets, such as our nuke weapons very poor or J20 actually another junk, nobody known. American broke into, and disappointed.
"what's the fxxxk junk they have" and leave.
but that's not mean they did not hack, the just can not find good enough stuff.
anyway, they do not waste time, at least they have left a lot of backdoors so that they can easy break into again.

You're talking about pure military spying. Military spying actually is a good way of maintaining the peace since the other party is aware of what the other is doing. But Chinese efforts is not just spying anymore. It is already industrial copying on a massive scale (and sometimes intimidation of private individuals and companies!) done by the Chinese State. If mere plagiarism is already reprehensible and can get you into hot seat how much more Chinese industrial copying efforts? This is simply shameless.

I don't know how you can talk here as if you're not aware of the shameless copying of your country. You're country is stealing other people's works and profiting from it. Is stealing not a crime in China or at least morally bad?

satish007

It is already industrial copying on a massive scale (and sometimes intimidation of private individuals and companies!) done by the Chinese State. If mere plagiarism is already reprehensible and can get you into hot seat how much more Chinese industrial copying efforts? This is simply shameless.

I don't know how you can talk here as if you're not aware of the shameless copying of your country. You're country is stealing other people's works and profiting from it. Is stealing not a crime in China or at least morally bad?
Every country has strong point and weakness. That's the only one you can mock us. keep mocking, not many time for you.
Chinese and Indian are very smart, when we created the brilliant culture thousand years ago, Englishmen just were shepherd boys in Mediterranean.
not mention MY, only wild but nothing, when Indian and Chinese went there, half Indian half Chinese start to appear , that is current MY.

Englishmen stopped our civilization, but they can not destroy our creativities and now they are losing everything.
how can robbers mock thieves, how come a Malaysian forget their ancestors

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You're changing the topic. How can you keep your head up when a significant part of your national prosperity is built on stealing other peoples works? I wouldn't feel so proud frankly if I'm a Chinese. I don't know how you're able to stomach it and manage to swagger against honest ethnic Malays.

BTW, don't drag India into the issue since there are no serious complaints of industrial stealing against the Indian "State". :rolleyes:

Last edited:

amoy

You're changing the topic. How can you keep your head up when a significant part of your national prosperity is built on stealing other peoples works? I wouldn't feel so proud frankly if I'm a Chinese. I don't know how you're able to stomach it and manage to swagger against honest ethnic Malays.

BTW, don't drag India into the issue since there are no serious complaints of industrial stealing against the Indian "State". :rolleyes:
ooops don't vent your "Dilemma of Malays" frustration to this thread.

Or we'll degrade altogether to blabbering "honest" ethnic Malays

Isn't this thread abt "China firing back"? Now u're firing all your bullets at Chinese!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
ooops don't vent your "Dilemma of Malays" frustration to this thread.

Or we'll degrade altogether to blabbering "honest" ethnic Malays

Isn't this thread abt "China firing back"? Now u're firing all your bullets at Chinese!

Please look at the post of Satish. He's the one who tried to derail the thread by taking a cheap snipe against ethnic Malays:

not mention MY, only wild but nothing, when Indian and Chinese went there, half Indian half Chinese start to appear , that is current MY.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Papers Link Top China University to Army Hacking UnitL9
By Agence France-Presse on Monday, March 25th, 2013

Researchers at one of China's top universities collaborated with a Chinese army unit accused of carrying out hacking attacks on the United States, academic papers published online show.

The elite Shanghai Jiaotong University conducted network security research with People's Liberation Army (PLA) Unit 61398, the co-authored papers accessed by AFP Sunday reveal.

A US security company said last month that the army unit, also based in China's commercial hub Shanghai, was behind serial hacking attacks on US firms, sparking a war of words between the two powers.

Last week US President Barack Obama raised cybersecurity with China's new President Xi Jinping. China has denied that it engages in hacking and claims its military is a victim of cyberattacks mostly originating in the US.

Several researchers at Shanghai Jiaotong's School of Information Security Engineering (SISE) published research with members of Unit 61938, with projects dating back to 2007, the papers easily accessed online show.

Subjects of the joint research include the design of an "intrusion monitoring system" for computer networks and ways to evaluate "attack graphs", which show how an adversary can break into a computer system.

None of the papers described plans to carry out cyberattacks on foreign targets.

The university was not immediately available for comment on Sunday.

Xue Zhi, a co-author of one of the papers and SISE's vice-president, is the developer of China's leading "cyber-penetration attack platform", according to the university's website.

Shanghai Jiaotong University is one of China's flagship educational institutions, and has attracted members of China's business and political elite, with former President Jiang Zemin amongst its alumni.

The US Department of Defense has approved a fivefold expansion of its cybersecurity force to include 4,900 troops and civilians over the coming years in response to growing online threats, The Washington Post reported in January.

Read more: Papers link top China university to army hacking unit | Army & Land Forces News at DefenceTalk

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles