China envoy to journos: 'shut up' on Arunachal

nimo_cn

Country flag
Anyone show me the proof that he literally said "shut up"?

I bet none of you could, because Chinese diplomats will never say something like that at public occasions. They always restrain their emotions and mind their manners even facing the most offensive questions. Even I was there, I can imagine how the Chinese diplomat addressed that question, the most he was gonna say would be " South TIbet is an integral part of China, but we wish we can solve the land dispute between China and India peacefully".

Maybe one of them is exceptional, Sha Zukang(沙祖康), Chinese former representative to UN, who once literally told his American counterpart to shut up.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Stupid communist forgets that his pet pooches serving in India are nothing but sidelined on-lookers who have no power over people. :lol:. I don't blame him; being brought up in a controlled and artificial manner, obviously he'd talk nonsense like that.

JayATL

All jingoistic, sentimental and emotional comments:

First of all, it has been brought out that it was a company brochure and not Govt of China brochure.

Secondly, what is expected out of a Chinese company? To publish Indian version of the Map so that the company is disbanded and owner sent to Siberia ( with Russian assistance !).

Thirdly, there has to be limit up to which an issue has be allowed to be so deeply rooted at public level. That is one of the basic problems of India and China. That, India is aggressor and still holding Chinese territory, this the Communist Party(CCP) in China has allowed to be so deeply rooted amongst masses that it is difficult for any govt to negotiate on the issue. Same is the case of Political Parties in India. Can any govt indulge in give and take on Sino India boundary issue. The political leader will wet his pants before contemplating that.

It is good that the map was pointed out. Chinese ambassador is not Indian politician so he told generalist to shut up. It is also good that the generalist did not.

That is the end or one wants to arrest the ambassador. Let us to war on this issue !! Ha
I'm sorry but that's the classic "chalte heh" attitude I speak about...

Ask yourself would an indian company be allowded to do so in China if roles were reversed?

not every diplomatic gesture equates to war. that is beyond ignorant to have " what ?-do you want to go to war" as your threshold . if that's your threshold then continue to be treated undignified for the rest one's life..

Last edited:

JayATL

I bet none of you could, because Chinese diplomats will never say something like that at public occasions. They always restrain their emotions and mind their manners even facing the most offensive questions. Even I was there, I can imagine how the Chinese diplomat addressed that question, the most he was gonna say would be " South TIbet is an integral part of China, but we wish we can solve the land dispute between China and India peacefully".

Maybe one of them is exceptional, Sha Zukang(沙祖康), Chinese former representative to UN, who once literally told his American counterpart to shut up.
okay - we will in future come to you as clearing house of what the chinese said or not... heh. Let's give up on indian press and go with this fella's gut feeling ...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Chinese diplomatic Corps historically do have a habit of being very nasty, punitive and even violent like fasists. No one in the world can ever forget the well known behavior of the so called National Guard over years in Beijing who regularly thrashed ,beat up and jailed foreign diplomats and journalist. If the Chinese ambassador did it, it was very stupid on his part as it reflects on the great Chinese Civilization and culture as also on Han arrogance and high headedness.

By the way did not Chinese Foreign Office called our lady Ms Nirupama Rao at 2 in the morning (night)to their office to insult and harass. Can that be forgotten? How many times Indian diplomats have been beaten up by your revolutionary guards ??

This arrogance and cruelty is what the world is worried about as Chinese rise

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Where does that stupid Chicom think he is to tell people to shut up? He isn't sitting at home where they mow people down with tanks.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If he indeed said "Shut up", that's very unprofessional under that kind of circumstance. Maybe he is trying to prevent embarrassment with Indian minister.
This is what happened. It was a business session with the Xinjiang Governor, Nur Bekri.

Distorted map: Chinese ambassador tells Indian journalist to shut up
Sameer Arshad, TNN | Nov 3, 2011, 06.40PM IST

NEW DELHI: A distorted Indian map showing parts of India in China and Pakistan led to an argument between Chinese Ambassador to India Zhang Yan and a journalist on the sidelines of a business session with Xinjiang governor at a New Delhi hotel on Thursday.

Zhang asked the journalist to "shut up" as he repeatedly questioned him about the map on the cover of a Chinese firm's brochure that showed Arunachal Pradesh, Ladakh as part of China and Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) as that of Pakistan . The heavy equipment manufacturing firm signed a $ 400 million business deal with the Gujarat government earlier in the day.

"This is not China...it is India. We have full freedom here. How can you ask a journalist to shut up, if he is asking you something,'' the journalist told Zhang.

The ambassador said the journalist "pushed, pushed, pushed" and that he repeatedly told him that it was a technical issue that would be sorted out. "We will handle this. We are working for friendlier ties with India...this will not help,'' said Zhang. "...we are handling this in a friendly way." Zhang said he raised the issue with the company. "So what can I do for you?"

The journalist said he just asked the ambassador for his comments and that he had no business to be agitated. The two were later seen shaking hands, as Chinese officials tried damage control with one of them asking the journalist "to sort this out in a friendly way".

Ministry of external affairs joint secretary Gautam Bambawale, who was present at the meet, said he drew Zhang's attention towards the map and that he accepted that it was wrong. "It is a private sector company (that has goofed up) and not the Chinese government."

Officials down played the issue; saying even Indian companies have made similar mistakes in the past and that it did not reflect Beijing's official position.

China, India's largest trading partner, claims sovereignty over parts of Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh and calls it southern Tibet. It refuses to recognize the "imperialist" 1913 Shimla Convention under which Tibet ceded Tawang to India and regards its border with India -- the McMahon line -- as disputed.

The two countries have sparred over high-profile visits to Arunachal Pradesh asserting India's sovereignty over the region while New Delhi recently expressed its displeasure over Beijing's infrastructural projects and overall presence in PoK. Beijing has been issuing stapled visas to Kashmiris as part of its refusal to accept India sovereignty over Jammu & Kashmir.
Distorted map: Chinese ambassador tells Indian journalist to shut up - The Times of India
All jingoistic, sentimental and emotional comments:

First of all, it has been brought out that it was a company brochure and not Govt of China brochure.

Secondly, what is expected out of a Chinese company? To publish Indian version of the Map so that the company is disbanded and owner sent to Siberia ( with Russian assistance !).

Thirdly, there has to be limit up to which an issue has be allowed to be so deeply rooted at public level. That is one of the basic problems of India and China. That, India is aggressor and still holding Chinese territory, this the Communist Party(CCP) in China has allowed to be so deeply rooted amongst masses that it is difficult for any govt to negotiate on the issue. Same is the case of Political Parties in India. Can any govt indulge in give and take on Sino India boundary issue. The political leader will wet his pants before contemplating that.

It is good that the map was pointed out. Chinese ambassador is not Indian politician so he told generalist to shut up. It is also good that the generalist did not.

That is the end or one wants to arrest the ambassador. Let us to war on this issue !! Ha
It is correct that the brochure containing the Map was that of a Chinese Commercial company that wants to do business with India.

However, it is a well known fact that the issue of Aksai Chin and Arunachal Pradesh is a sensitive issue. The Chinese Govt is responsible for good relations with India and vice versa. If such a document was there, then the Chinese Ambassador could have instructed the company to withdraw the document and stated that though it was in consonance with the Chinese stand, but for the sake of Sino Indian Friendship, this brochure was being taken off display.
It maybe mentioned that China officially consider Kashmir as disputed (less Aksai Chin) and hence it was against the Chinese national policy to show Kashmir as a part of Pakistan!!

Hence, it was a deliberate attempt to stir the hornets' nest.

What the Chinese company could have done? Have their brochure, but without the map ! It is a simple as that! It is also the duty of the Chinese Trade Secretary at the Embassy to check the arrangements well before the start to see that the country is projected in the best and most suitable manner. Therefore, the Chinese Govt is also culpable and a willing partner!

I wonder if China would accept an Indian out of conviction stating the Mao was a Mass Murderer while the Indian was visiting China.

Nimo_Cn.. here is your proof that this not some made up news

watch video within the link China envoy to journos: 'shut up' on Arunachal - India News - IBNLive
Nimo, I presume what JayATL has presented is proof enough.

Though I wonder what type of proof you wanted and which should be produced.

That there was a chap called Mao requires proof? If so, what proof? Apart from news report and articles, what can be the proof and that was what started the thread!

Since, your Ambassador is not quite a diplomat, I presume I could be straightforward to tell you that Chinese like you are most silly with your debating points and at time, defy logic and common sense!

It proves my point that the most of the Hans are arrogant little twats, who think they are purer than driven snow and they are beyond reproach!

What the Chinese Ambassador or the Trade Secretary should have done, is what I have mentioned above.

I am glad that the Indian mediaman showed great diplomatic skill. A jingoistic Indian may have slapped the Ambassador right across the Chinese Ambassador's face! And that would have been most unfortunate.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
A Chicom used to party propaganda lies, is askin for proof!!! Good joke.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yusuf,

He demand proof that you exist.

My saying that I have seen you in flesh and blood will not convince him that you are a reality.

I must get some yogic power to transfer your physical form to where he is, for him to believe that you exist!

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Cartographic aggression

Chinese policy of Cartographic aggression is nothing new but should be unacceptable to India.

Cartographic aggression' is the term by which the victim country describes any act, in particular the publication of maps or other material by a neighbouring country, which purports to show part of what it perceives as its own territory as belonging to the other country. In rare cases cartographic aggression may be committed by a third country in order to gain some diplomatic advantage. The term is not new, and well accepted even by professional geographers.

It is well known fact that China considers Macmohan Line as not acceptable and not ratified. India asserts that even if MaCmohan line is not acceptable then India and China should follow the universal principle of "Watershed" for determining the boundary between the two countries. That seems to be unacceptable to China as that will result in loss of Huge chunk in Ladakh and Tawang.

The issue of stapling J&K and Arunachal visa will force Indians to reverse their decision on the status of Tibet and other areas. China is needling India for reasons other than Tibet.

Well, half the ownership is possession, be it Akshai Chin or Arunanchal. The Chinese are targeting Indian minds and their will by such offensive acts. Their deep insecurity about their access to Gulf energy resources and CAS have made them take a big risk by having physical presence in Northern Areas. Their belligerence towards India is likely to increase considering the energy hunger and requirements. India must hold them by neck. This the opportunity. Tibetans are getting restless. Xinxiang too is not stable. South China Sea is being contested. Taiwan continues to fester. Under such circumstances Chinese are getting paranoid. Look at the kind of Armaments coming into their neighborhood. F-35, PAK FA, Typhoons, Tejas, New Missiles, New ships and considerable technological advancement.

Chinese have forced Indians to raise five more divisions. They have been forces to deploy so many divisions in Tibet now as compared to mere presence earlier. They are being overall foolish about India and trapping themselves.

Now the stage of Cartographic claims and aggression is gone.

debasree

Country flag
actually this rightly shows the chineese mentality,the all so called meetings are all talking shop ,the chineese know the language of gun only so be prepare for it.

ejazr

Ambassador
I don't understand why Narendra Modi and the BJP have not taken a strong stand on this? Gujarat should have cancelled the deal with TBEA Private Limited.
Sure Gujarat might have lost the 2000 crore deal but its nothing compared to the question of sovereignty of Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh. It is Indian Law that the correct map should be used. Even if China does not agree, they should have been forced to withdraw their publications. If we can censor the Economist magazine for only showing the LoC map under India, why did the Gujarat police not take action on this publication.

What is more cause of concern is that the BJP seems to be in its action more eager to curry favor with China than what they let on. After recent visits of Gadkari and Nitish kumar, now Narendra Modi is going to Gujarat even after this incident.

You have to hand it to the Chinese, they know how to play it smart.

Modi China's guest but will bear his expenses
In January, China welcomed Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Nitin Gadkari. The BJP says that Gadkari, during his trip, conveyed to Beijing the party's concern over China arming Pakistan, its designs on borders and the Brahmputra, and sought Chinese recognition to Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama.

Modi's supporters in Ahmedabad say he won't carry any such baggage that does not go well with the Chinese. Modi is visiting China on an invite by vice-minister Al Ping, and deals on the cards include one with Chinese telecom major Huawei, whose executive had accompanied Al shown interest in investing in Gujarat. Central agencies have listed the company as a national security risk from the way it wants to dominate the telecom sector in the country.
To justify Modi's trip, a party leader went to the extent of saying that India should befriend China instead of the US as the Asian giant was economically more stable.

Gadkari was the first BJP President to set foot on China at the invite of its Communist Party's Central Committee. So far, only some BJP MPs have visited the country as part of parliamentary delegations. A month after Gadkari's visit, RSS' high-profile spokesperson led a three-member team to Beijing on the request of a think tank, Institute of World Religions in the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, and was delighted to find that the Chinese notion of "nationalism" was same as that of the saffron organisation.

NTB

All started from Han's ignorance/arrogance, the Chinese Ambassadors well trained and their know when to say and how to say. This Chinese Ambassador should go back to China and starting to file resign.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles