GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
@arya

Link to th above post?

Last edited by a moderator:

redragon

Country flag
If the report correct, plaaf sent 2 fighters within 4 minutes, looks like plaaf knows everything on the ground on Indian side.

sasi

If the report correct, plaaf sent 2 fighters within 4 minutes, looks like plaaf knows everything on the ground on Indian side.
Not on ground, in the air. IAF is on a regular sortie of carry out rece... at high altitude. Actually Indian side knows what is going on chinese ground. At what time ur radar picked our su30mki,at what time plaf scrambled ur fighters,where it gets tactical ground support,etc.

redragon

Country flag
But that is still only 4 mins after Indian fighters took off, and both your ground an fighters lost track of Chinese fighters a couple of times, that could be dangerous in a war

no smoking

Country flag
Second rate powers like China play stupid games like this with the military when have you seen
any western country doing this kind of idiotic military manuevers??
Yes, they did. Russians and Americans have been playing this game for decades. And now it is Chinese and Indians' turn.

sasi

There are mobile units for during wartime. They will provide tactical ground support for our fighters. There is inbound navi... in fighters also. Awacs also help the ac.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
But that is still only 4 mins after Indian fighters took off, and both your ground an fighters lost track of Chinese fighters a couple of times, that could be dangerous in a war
Are you aware as to how radar works and what can happen in Mountains?? Hint ask your Pakistani friends, USA had fool them big time and got OBL.
Btw same goes for your radar, if you can understand what i am saying.

redragon

Country flag
Are you aware as to how radar works and what can happen in Mountains?? Hint ask your Pakistani friends, USA had fool them big time and got OBL.
Btw same goes for your radar, if you can understand what i am saying.
I understand what you said, however, that still can't rule out the potential risk indian fighters were facing, my comment stand still. If you understand what I said

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Are you capable of reading ?

===========

Around 3pm on that day, someIAF jets were on a routine sortie mission in Arunachal Pradesh, when they were picked up on their Lhasa-based radar by the Chinese, senior officials privy to the deliberations following the incident said.Alarmed by the Indian jets, thebrass of the PLAAF, the Chinese Air Force, set off a chain reaction. This resulted in two Chinese Sukhoi-27 jets taking off from the Gonggar air base in Tibet within minutes.After taking off around 3:04 pm, the Chinese aircraft flew southeast towards the direction of the Indian aircraft.There were some anxious moments on the Indian side when the Chinese aircraft were picked up on the radar at 3:29 pm near Cuona.Officials say the drama lasted for around 50 minutes and just 30 km short of the international boundary- which is few seconds for a supersonic aircraft- the Chinese fighters, realising theIAF jets had no intention of anoffensive move, turned back.
According to report it said it took 4mins for scramble jets not to reach around LAC, where its written Plaaf send 2 jet within 4 mins ?

There is no mention of IAF fighter taking off or any thing, self made fact again..

I understand what you said, however, that still can't rule out the potential risk indian fighters were facing, my comment stand still. If you understand what I said
Do you know what MAP looks like ? It took PLAAF jet 3:04pm to 3:29 = 25mins to reach 30km off LAC..

PLAAF fighter were all the time in radar of MKI`s BARs..

DBF1954

WTH, even if we fly over Tibet you shouldn't mind :troll: :D
^
Actually that is what happened during the 1980's. Indian jets would do spy flights deep into Tibet and the Chinese were just watching were they would fly. For China it was more interesting to know where they went and what they wanted to know at a certain date than shooting at them or even disturbing the airplanes. The Chinese know quite well that an invasion of China over the Himalayas is impossible and can look at foreign airplanes more relaxed if they want to.

Usually at least one flight into Tibet was done every year.

Has this story ever been reported in India?

EXPERT

^
Actually that is what happened during the 1980's. Indian jets would do spy flights deep into Tibet and the Chinese were just watching were they would fly. For China it was more interesting to know where they went and what they wanted to know at a certain date than shooting at them or even disturbing the airplanes. The Chinese know quite well that an invasion of China over the Himalayas is impossible and can look at foreign airplanes more relaxed if they want to.

Usually at least one flight into Tibet was done every year.

Has this story ever been reported in India?
no, but we know spy missions were on that time . But who imagines to be in deep Tibet , do you have any link to read .

Compersion

Country flag
no, but we know spy missions were on that time . But who imagines to be in deep Tibet , do you have any link to read .
I suppose now it is our satellites and also regional (Tibetan, Nepal, Bhutanese) comrades that would have more use compare to the 1980s.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
1960s, Joint Indian and CIA operations, I doubt 1980s though not impossible ..

^Actually that is what happened during the 1980's. Indian jets would do spy flights deep into Tibet and the Chinese were just watching were they would fly.

DBF1954

Yes I have the exact dates and locations. Just at the moment not ready because I'll have to search again for it. In a few days I will post the details.

The text is in Chinese but I'll translate.

EXPERT

CIA and RAW used to operate spy mission inside china to get info about their NUCLEAR program. . .

DBF1954

Yes I have the exact dates and locations. Just at the moment not ready because I'll have to search again for it. In a few days I will post the details.

The text is in Chinese but I'll translate.

Reported by the Chinese Air Force: Indian Air Force incursions to the north of the LOC from Arunachal Pradesh from 1983 to 1986. Excluded are incursions elsewhere, like to the north of Ladakh.

Year / No. of aircraft / Duration of flight over China in minutes

1983 / 11 / 1-10
1984 / 6 / 5-39
1985 / 6 / 7-26
1986 / 32 / 13-48

The data is from an internal Chinese Army publication.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles