China did it again: Volkswagen betrayed by its own Chinese partner!!

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
This is the best way to divert all the Western companies to Vietnam and other South East Asian countries.
its really up to the usa being teh largest investor to take the lead - individual profit making in the usa has to give way to national priorities - at least in some way more than now

badguy2000

Respected Member
well,auto industry includes lots of supply chains ,besides ultimate assembling....
when foreign brand auto set up one assembling-plants, lots of components plants are usually set up and provide components for it.....
thus ,tech-penentrating appears....

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
´ they just wont go coz they dont wanna lose the chinese market. .
this "china market" thing is getting a bit too far - it's getting out of perspective - and the usa is now becoming a victim of it's own propaganda !! - this business of china market was also ( besides profits ) a way of steering prc away from the soviets and away from hard-core communism by luring them into capitalism and the free market

- well all that scenario has now changed - but the world is still hooked on the old scenario

it's high time now to develop new paradigms - one possibility is to break out of this china market thing and distribute the manufacturing bowl to: - vietnam , Indonesia, malaysia , north korea , thailand , BURMA ( should be a big one there with really low costs ) and to some extent india too .

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
"The Nano that is to debut in Europe will be significantly different, but will have same characteristics."
Another region which the Nano is being planned for is the US market. That would be a three year plan to fructify and the cost would be approximately USD 7,000 to 8,000. Makes it about four times the cost of the car in India.

Tata Nano to be exported to European market
Nano making it in europe - to some extent i can understand - bcos much of europe is going through crisis and europeans have always had a liking for small compact cars

- its a totally different mentality in the usa where they go for big stuff - even teh mini clubman didnt make it in the usa

sure hope tata has got their usa marketing correct !

no smoking

Country flag
it's high time now to develop new paradigms - one possibility is to break out of this china market thing and distribute the manufacturing bowl to: - vietnam , Indonesia, malaysia , north korea , thailand , BURMA ( should be a big one there with really low costs ) and to some extent india too .
It is happening, very slowly.
But the problem is you cannot find any country have enough workforce, space and resources to accommonate such a huge industry transfer except india, which unfortunately has its own problems. So the only solution is that each country get a piece of it. But that will increase cost significantly.
Think about this: for most of facotries in China, you can easily find most of your parts/material suppliers within 50 kilometres.
Furthermore, if you think about infrastructure, China is 20 years ahead of all these countries.
What even better for those foreign companies is, when you set up a factory in China, you are putting yourself in the biggiest market of the world.

huaxia rox

Nano also in European markets and also sold there, It ain't Junk..

What about Chinese marketing over European states ? any completion with BMW or Merc ?

---------------------------------------------------

Till date i have seen even Company logos and names are even copied..
do a little bit of researches u get all the answers u need (just like what u do on all the chinese military stuff....good job though)....if u cant find i can help u the next time.....and of coz i ve never said chinese cars can be at the same level of BMW now....1st class car making countries r still EU US japan and SK.....

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
while indians never copy as well....they only make others copy em indians.,.....see......no 1 knows actually land rover is a copy of moon rover from tata....

Big Daddy Customs turns Tata Safari into Land Rover Evoque
TATA Purchased Land Rover few years back.. !

Now TATA produce Land Rovers and Moon Rover is a hybrid of Safari and Land Rover..

do a little bit of researches u get all the answers u need (just like what u do on all the chinese military stuff....good job though)....if u cant find i can help u the next time.....and of coz i ve never said chinese cars can be at the same level of BMW now....1st class car making countries r still EU US japan and SK.....
Can you just give me some names that were presented in Geneva shows ? if only you are confident about your claim..

huaxia rox

TATA Purchased Land Rover few years back.. !

Now TATA produce Land Rovers and Moon Rover is a hybrid of Safari and Land Rover..
i m fully aware of who currently owns land rover my indian friend but u should also know there r some other companies used to own land rover like BMW or ford....just i havnt seen any of these companies would like to come up with something that similar to the original land rover like moon rover......moon rover in my opinion and judged by healthy eyes is apprently a copy of land rover not just by name....

Can you just give me some names that were presented in Geneva shows ? if only you are confident about your claim..
Frankfurt show: four Chang'an cars | Autocar
2012 BYD S6DM SUV at 2011 Detroit Auto Show - New Chinese Cars - RoadandTrack.com

pls note....BYD is a much bigger car maker than chang an in prc but chang an is developing real quick recently....

of coz....the auto market is still dominated by developed and industrial countries so prcs car makers r not famous now but in china....domesticly made cars r getting more and more (domesticly made car means prc designs and makes the car....not like volve which was bought from the EU.....or some chinese made BMW....just made but not designed in prc).....they normally attend chinese auto shows like the 2011 shanghai show
2011���Ϻ���չ����Ʒ��-����Ƶ��-��Ѷ��

i m sure u ve never seen those brands before but they r making chinese own cars and may prevail in the future....

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
i m fully aware of who currently owns land rover my indian friend but u should also know there r some other companies used to own land rover like BMW or ford....just i havnt seen any of these companies would like to come up with something that similar to the original land rover like moon rover......moon rover in my opinion and judged by healthy eyes is apprently a copy of land rover not just by name....
IMHO. they look very different..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
i m sure u ve never seen those brands before but they r making chinese own cars and may prevail in the future....

To be honest i indeed never knew about these Cars, I hope they came out something from own deign, nerveless some nice concept cars..

Oblaks

It is happening, very slowly.
But the problem is you cannot find any country have enough workforce, space and resources to accommonate such a huge industry transfer except india, which unfortunately has its own problems. So the only solution is that each country get a piece of it. But that will increase cost significantly.
Think about this: for most of facotries in China, you can easily find most of your parts/material suppliers within 50 kilometres.
Furthermore, if you think about infrastructure, China is 20 years ahead of all these countries.
What even better for those foreign companies is, when you set up a factory in China, you are putting yourself in the biggiest market of the world.
Somehow I agree:tsk:

Tolaha

---- Duplicate Post ----

Last edited:

Tolaha

while indians never copy as well....they only make others copy em indians.,.....see......no 1 knows actually land rover is a copy of moon rover from tata....

Big Daddy Customs turns Tata Safari into Land Rover Evoque
:tsk:

The car that you posted above, is a "custom built" car. It is originally a Tata Safari. Some 'enthusiast' has taken up a Tata Safari and changed the shell to make it look like a Land Rover. You won't have factories churning out "Moon Rovers" like they have factories churning out clones of VW or Gulsars or whatever! If this is your response to "China is a copycat", then can only ask you to make another attempt that is hopefully, a little less embarrassing!

BTW the original car and the car that this is intended to look like, both belong to the Tata group of companies.

sky

JLR is in the process of producing vehicles in China ,so with there well known ability to reverse engineer or steel blueprint's . i think TATA and JLR will need to be care full about there future Chinese plans.

Thing is china is so important to major multinational company's they can get away with this shit ,just as the USA AND EU are markets every company would like to crack ,CHINA is also one now. There sheer size make them bullet proof , 5 years ago JLR sold less then 2%of its cars to CHINA now it's around 20% and growing.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

The car that you posted above, is a "custom built" car. It is originally a Tata Safari. Some 'enthusiast' has taken up a Tata Safari and changed the shell to make it look like a Land Rover. You won't have factories churning out "Moon Rovers" like they have factories churning out clones of VW or Gulsars or whatever! If this is your response to "China is a copycat", then can only ask you to make another attempt that is hopefully, a little less embarrassing!

BTW the original car and the car that this is intended to look like, both belong to the Tata group of companies.
Poor chap.

He would not know what is a Safari and of that chap who custom builds vehicles in India.

Why blame him?

He is over the Moon as it is! :pound:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am sure they are.

They are even designing their own milk and making God look a fool.

They do it with melamine!

huaxia rox

i ve said...land rover used to be owned by different companies....like BMW.....u ever seen BWM come up with anything like a copy of land rover???why just tata doing this??

sky

i ve said...land rover used to be owned by different companies....like BMW.....u ever seen BWM come up with anything like a copy of land rover???why just tata doing this??
No BMW just tried to steal our intellectual property when they sold us to Ford. Thankfully Ford didn't let them get away with it , But they did learn how to make 4x4's from Land Rover .

Before they bought Land Rover they'd never made a 4x4 ,that changed when they bought us.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles