China demands an apology from Norway for Liu Xiaobo nobel peace prize

A.V.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.c4e5aaec1a6b9ae498dbebf05c7cebdc.441

China demands Nobel Prize apology from Norway

OSLO — China is demanding an apology from Norway before agreeing to restore relations soured when dissident Liu Xiaobo received the Nobel Peace prize, Beijing's ambassador was quoted Wednesday as saying.

He demanded an apology from the Norwegian government," said Dan Femoen, a local official in the western city who was at the gathering. "He said that trade between the two countries was not impossible but that it was more difficult given that an apology over the Nobel Peace prize did not appear to have been made," he said.

Fellow participant Marit Warncke, director of Bergen's Chamber of Commerce, appeared to confirm the ambassador's remarks, saying that he said his country "was waiting" for an official apology from Norway.

SHASH2K2

Well I am planning to demand China to apologize to India for Invading Indian territory and occupying Tibet forcefully . They should also apologize for Proliferating nukes and missiles to a terrorist nation. If chinese people can ask for apology for Nobel prize then whole world should also ask China to apologize for its misdeeds in present and future.

AOE

They can whine and stamp their feet all they want in demanding this apology, they don't deserve to get one.

Oracle

China should not threaten trade ties with every country that does not do things according to the CCP's whims. This is just so naive and childish.

This is bad PR. China with all it's economic and military prowess should have looked the other way when Liu Xiaobo was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. What does the prize amount to other than world recognition, a medal, a diploma and the prize amount? Nobel Peace Prize does not guarantee NATO support for Liu Xiaobo in overthrowing the CCP from power in China. CCP is falling into the trap, laid by the West.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Gawd... I get so sick of Chinese whining. You hand out a Noble prize... apologise or we won't trade. You let the Dalai Lama into your country... apologise or we will kick out your cars. Every time they whine, they just give these guys more stature and make themselves look like a bunch of pussies.

Yan Luo Wang

Gawd... I get so sick of Chinese whining. You hand out a Noble prize... apologise or we won't trade. You let the Dalai Lama into your country... apologise or we will kick out your cars. Every time they whine, they just give these guys more stature and make themselves look like a bunch of pussies.
Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing about India. :p

Like when the Indian government kept pleading for China to be "more sensitive" to their concerns.

A.V.

Like when the Indian government kept pleading for China to be "more sensitive" to their concerns.
and then .... ...... ........ ..........

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
You think giving a nobel prize is more dangerous and criminal than arming missiles or nukes to the lunatics in neighborhood? :tsk:

Regards,
Virendra

Yan Luo Wang

You think giving a nobel prize is more dangerous and criminal than arming missiles or nukes to the lunatics in neighborhood? :tsk:

Regards,
Virendra
Not at all. :D

I think it was a fantastic idea to arm Pakistan, considering that our common rival (India) had hosted our largest separatist group in 1959, without any provocation at all, and then fought a war with us in 1962.

And look... India today, is completely consumed with Pakistan. What an investment.

The USA realizes this as well, which is why they are still the number one source of funding for the Pakistani Army.

A.V.

I think it was a fantastic idea to arm Pakistan, considering that our common rival (India).
Officially china does not view india as a rival and nor does india , on world forums on many aspewcts china and india world in great partnership , the trade between two nations is more than double of what china-pakistan is , the people to people contact and travel is higher than anywhere near china -pak so dont just impress your personal views as the views of china.

And by supporting nuclear proliferation ideas u are doing no good repute to your country becauee china is against nuclear proliferation atleast officially

Yan Luo Wang

Officially china does not view india as a rival and nor does india , on world forums on many aspewcts china and india world in great partnership , the trade between two nations is more than double of what china-pakistan is , the people to people contact and travel is higher than anywhere near china -pak so dont just impress your personal views as the views of china.

And by supporting nuclear proliferation ideas u are doing no good repute to your country becauee china is against nuclear proliferation atleast officially
Well, that was quite nice of you to defend China's actions.

I.e. Helping the USA to arm Pakistan, and helping them with their nuclear programme.

Anyway, everyone knows that China/India are strategic rivals. If not, the border dispute would have been solved a long time ago. And we wouldn't have all these stapled visa issues and Arunachal Pradesh issues.

The world has limited resources. The world cannot sustain 6 billion people living at a "developed" standard of living, we both know that this is a race. A race to join the developed world... and someone is going to get left behind.

Last edited:

Illusive

Country flag
China wants to be Germany(hitler era) of the 21st century. China making more enemies is just going to be good for us.

A.V.

I.e. Helping the USA to arm Pakistan, and helping them with their nuclear programme.

Anyway, everyone knows that China/India are strategic rivals. If not, the border dispute would have been solved a long time ago. And we wouldn't have all these stapled visa issues and Arunachal Pradesh issues.

The world has limited resources. The world cannot sustain 6 billion people living at a "developed" standard of living, we both know that this is a race. A race to join the developed world... and someone is going to get left behind.
The issues you pointed out are bilateral issues even the EU partner countries have issues , the strategic rivals is a creation of media and myth , both india and china know very well some tough talk is good but none can afford a full scare conflict or else as u said the issues would have been long solved , both nations know they cant take on each other full scale nor (via proxy aka pakistan)because these proxis would be of not good in long term a stehy act as a virus which eats into your own reserves and ability.

READ how the eastern block ate into the soviet policy....

china has worked hard to attain this economic power and stability they cant afford to let a terrorist laden nation be its strategic ally in the long term because then they have to divert their surplus in a major way towards maintaining this proxy who at times wont hesitate to even eat more and more into it.

Yan Luo Wang

China wants to be Germany(hitler era) of the 21st century. China making more enemies is just going to be good for us.
No, that is just your wish. A wish that I have heard countless times from Indians.

China was on the allied side of WW2, and is a vital part of the current world order. Permanent seat at the UNSC, important place in all the world economic forums... with people even talking about a "G2".

China has learned all the lessons of the old expansionist empires. We now get our land back peacefully, for example the land exchange from Tajikistan, or the return of Hong Kong from Britain.

There are plenty of bad things that can be said about the Chinese government, but they are not stupid.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

I think it was a fantastic idea to arm Pakistan, considering that our common rival (India) had hosted our largest separatist group in 1959, without any provocation at all, and then fought a war with us in 1962.

And look... India today, is completely consumed with Pakistan. What an investment.

The USA realizes this as well, which is why they are still the number one source of funding for the Pakistani Army.
Then both of us may keep whinning about our respective concerns and the other parties in each of the case - won't give a damn about it .. right ?

Regards,
Virendra

KS

Bye bye DFI

And the even more funny thing is the Chinis listen to the 'concerns' like the recent Stapled Visa controversy. :lol:

Ontopic : this attitude of threatening everyone for a irrelevant things is a symbol that the new found wealth is getting to the head of the Chinis and even more the foolishness of the those in charge of the PR dept in Beijing.Such Drama queens who think the world revolves around the Middle kingdom !!! Time to milk the West for all its worth using these drama queens. :lol:

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI

Why do these lines sound so familiar and look like particularly worn out records to me ?;)

Illusive

Country flag
No, that is just your wish. A wish that I have heard countless times from Indians.

China was on the allied side of WW2, and is a vital part of the current world order. Permanent seat at the UNSC, important place in all the world economic forums... with people even talking about a "G2".

China has learned all the lessons of the old expansionist empires. We now get our land back peacefully, for example the land exchange from Tajikistan, or the return of Hong Kong from Britain.

There are plenty of bad things that can be said about the Chinese government, but they are not stupid.
China in WW2 is different from China today. I know your country is powerful today, but don't stretch your powers too much, you still are in early stages of becoming world power. CCP ain't stupid I know, but acts likes these justifies what threat China can be in future because of arrogant acts like these of DEMANDING to another sovereign country.

Yan Luo Wang

And the even more funny thing is the Chinis listen to the 'concerns' like the recent Stapled Visa controversy. :lol:

Ontopic : this attitude of threatening everyone for a irrelevant things is a symbol that the new found wealth is getting to the head of the Chinis and even more the foolishness of the those in charge of the PR dept in Beijing.Such Drama queens who think the world revolves around the Middle kingdom.
And yet we are completely out of your league. Far ahead in Economy, HDI, competitiveness, every factor that matters. India is not even recognized as a "great power".

India has been bogged down by Pakistan, while we are free to expand our influence all over the world.

We both were in the same economic position in 1990, tell me who is getting the better deal? India will keep staring into the face of Pakistan.

Last edited:

Yan Luo Wang

China in WW2 is different from China today. I know your country is powerful today, but don't stretch your powers too much, you still are in early stages of becoming world power. CCP ain't stupid I know, but acts likes these justifies what threat China can be in future because of arrogant acts like these of DEMANDING to another sovereign country.
Well, you are the one hoping that China will become another Nazi Germany.

Let's see what happens. :D

Global Defence

New threads

Articles