China Declares Australia a Military Threat Over U.S. Pact

apple

You will appreciate that only a fool and an impetuous one still green behind the ear would pen his thoughts recklessly and then eat humble pie.

All I have done is express my point of view, which makes your sensitive ears go red and blurs your eyes with tears of misplaced patriotic indignation.

Learn to face facts, realism and truth, even if it be not your cup of tea.
I'm not eating humble pie. I'm not Asian, I don't care about maintaining "face". You can insult me, or the things you imagine I hold precious, as much as you want. I really don't care. You are beneath me.

Your version of facts, realism and truth is so far from my opinion, along with your style of expressing yourself being so provocative and offensive, I have no desire to correspond with you.

Dude, Americans already knew it that China is coming as next super power. They knew it well before even Chinese people know it.

And you cry here for "international relationship", the fact is all those who were on US side, they still remain as it is.

On top of it, thanks to Chinese aggression, few more countries started talks with the US and its allies now.
China's recent diplomacy has been extremely incompetent. That aren't doing themselves any favours.

Please enlighten me, which "major" weapons you are talking about.
Can't speak for the Chinese, but the Americans, to me, seem to be shedding some of their capabilities for low level warfare i.e. reducing troop numbers, cutting back on ground support aircraft. But, they are continuing to launch new carriers, submarines and advanced fighters which would only really be useful, or perhaps most useful would be more accurate, against a threat like China.

Zebra

Country flag
Palmer's an extremist with little public support. But, he does have some supporters and people like him often help shape public debate. How important his views are though is quite hard to quantify.
The Palmer United party (PUP) is 4th largest party in Australia. It has 5.5% of the first preference vote at the Federal election in September 2013.

Actually its a center-right party and I won't consider it as an extremist party.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I'm not eating humble pie. I'm not Asian, I don't care about maintaining "face". You can insult me, or the things you imagine I hold precious, as much as you want. I really don't care. You are beneath me.
Does it require the sagacity to know that you are not an Asian? Anyone in Australia would be an Australasian. You have to have a 'face' to lose 'face'. In the event you wish to racially profile yourself (which is so evident by your claim and which is racist actually), I presume you wish to state that your ancestral origin is of the 'deportees' of England or 'refugees' of Europe. In other words, the population that is deprived of life giving Melanin and lacking oxidation of the amino acid tyrosine, followed by polymerization.

I am delighted that home truths is found to be 'insults'. I concede that in a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. Telling the truth to people who misunderstand you is generally promoting a falsehood, isn't it?

I could not be beneath you. You live 'Down Under', Not me!

Your version of facts, realism and truth is so far from my opinion, along with your style of expressing yourself being so provocative and offensive, I have no desire to correspond with you.
Indeed, my version would be different from your. After all you are not Dolly the cloned sheep nor are you my clone. You are as Cliff Richard said, a crying, talking, sleeping, walking, living doll (well may not be a doll, but a nice guy. Right?)

And I Got to do my best to please her, just 'cause she's a living doll (for her, read him and for she, read he and for doll read guy). Now don't get wild and say that in Hindi guy means a cow. I have written in colloquial English.

Provocative? Me?

Well, there's nothing more provocative than taking a genre that everybody who's cool hates - and then making it cool. ;)

China's recent diplomacy has been extremely incompetent. That aren't doing themselves any favours.
Can't blame them.

The fooled the world with 'Peaceful Rise' and now having 'Peacefully Risen', they will 'Peaceful Demolish the Peace that came about when they Peacefully Rose'!

it does not make me comfortable, but then I am fair. If you mistook a tiger cub and fed and nurtured it thinking it is a sheep, then you should not cry over spilt milk.

Can't speak for the Chinese, but the Americans, to me, seem to be shedding some of their capabilities for low level warfare i.e. reducing troop numbers, cutting back on ground support aircraft. But, they are continuing to launch new carriers, submarines and advanced fighters which would only really be useful, or perhaps most useful would be more accurate, against a threat like China.
Cutting its coat as per the cloth and nothing more.

Last edited:

Zebra

Country flag
Last edited:

apple

One wonders what @apple would have to say.
Apple would say

The Palmer United party (PUP) is 4th largest party in Australia. It has 5.5% of the first preference vote at the Federal election in September 2013.

Actually its a center-right party and I won't consider it as an extremist party.
5.5% of the vote = 0 seats in the upper and lower houses of Australian parliament. 4th. largest (if the PUP even are) Australian political party is, largely, a meaningless position to be in. They need at least ~8% of the vote, in a state, to get an upper house seat and to be the biggest party in an regional electorate to get into the lower house.

I'm not really sure where they, PUP, should go in the political spectrum. They are certainly trying their best to not be portrayed as a far-right party, which comments like this, from the leader of the party no less, do nothing to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@apple

Good to see you back.

Asian, European or British maybe your origin, but the motto should be - never say die!

Christ, the amount of insults, scorn and what have you in this forum that I have weathered, should have encourage me to use the Moderator's favourite weapon or make me slink away into the sunset. I did none.

I 'shall fight on the beaches, shall fight on the landing grounds, shall fight in the fields and in the streets, shall fight in the hills; but shall never surrender'.

Of course, unless the facts prove me wrong.

I am not an Anglophile, but stirring words around the world I embrace to give me a meaning in life!

I am an Asian, but I resound to the cry - God for Harry, England and for St George.

It is meaningless to me, but the essence of that stirring cry, get my hair on my hand standing in pride to replicate it in my way.

Yet, I will not divorce it from reality either! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zebra

Country flag
5.5% of the vote = 0 seats in the upper and lower houses of Australian parliament. 4th. largest (if the PUP even are) Australian political party is, largely, a meaningless position to be in. They need at least ~8% of the vote, in a state, to get an upper house seat and to be the biggest party in an regional electorate to get into the lower house.

I'm not really sure where they, PUP, should go in the political spectrum. They are certainly trying their best to not be portrayed as a far-right party, which comments like this, from the leader of the party no less, do nothing to help.
I wonder, what else one can expect from a political party which actually formed in April 2013.

And results are in front of us.....
Australian federal election, 2013 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

apple

I wonder, what else one can expect from a political party which actually formed in April 2013.

And results are in front of us.....
Australian federal election, 2013 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PUP are a new party, sure. They got three seats in the last election, two in Queensland and one in Tasmania. Both those places have a reputation for being politically "fringey" and are as far as you can get from mainstream Australian politics. Even if PUP hold on to those seats they won, or win new ones, they have already gotten an image of being popular with rural extremists.

no smoking

Country flag
Dude, Americans already knew it that China is coming as next super power. They knew it well before even Chinese people know it.
Knowing it doesn't mean US is willing to accept it without a fight politically or militarily.

And you cry here for "international relationship", the fact is all those who were on US side, they still remain as it is.
I am not crying for anything. The fact is most of Asian countries are not on anyone's side: just this month, American's effort failed AGAIN to get South Eastern Asians to back her up in south China sea!

On top of it, thanks to Chinese aggression, few more countries started talks with the US and its allies now.
Unless there is clearly military obligation is promised, these talking are wasting of time.

China secured its "doorstep" and "doorway" much better way since last many years, that too without any aircraft carrier.
No, China secure its land now, but anywhere 15km away from her coastline is still dominant by US navy and air force.

It could be the US dream to keep war at their enemy's "doorstep". But here Chinese themselves are dying to keep it at their own "doorstep".
How? With what navy ships? Just 5 years, Chinese navy was still called a green water fleet. You know what that means.

Please enlighten me, which "major" weapons you are talking about.
For example: Chinese spend far more money on jet fighters than tanks and they progressed faster on submarines than Aircraft carriers.

Zebra

Country flag
Knowing it doesn't mean US is willing to accept it without a fight politically or militarily.
Which country is saying that China is not a super power?

What US have to do, so that China can consider that now US has accepted China as super power!

I am not crying for anything. The fact is most of Asian countries are not on anyone's side: just this month, American's effort failed AGAIN to get South Eastern Asians to back her up in south China sea!

Unless there is clearly military obligation is promised, these talking are wasting of time.
More cry! I said US allies remain as it is on top of it, few more countries started talks with US or its allies.

Now what ChinaDaily says about it, let us see.....

Vietnam, Japan strengthen defense, maritime ties - News - China Daily Asia

And what Taiwan Brain Trust executive director says....

Taiwan should upgrade Japan ties: think tank - Taipei Times

(I kept Taiwan here for some reason.)

No, China secure its land now, but anywhere 15km away from her coastline is still dominant by US navy and air force.
How? With what navy ships? Just 5 years, Chinese navy was still called a green water fleet. You know what that means.
Another crap and much more cry.

How many of this China has far away from its main land!

All these just to "secure its land" and all these done by "green water fleet", isn't it?

For example: Chinese spend far more money on jet fighters than tanks and they progressed faster on submarines than Aircraft carriers.
That is the point.....aircraft carriers.

Now they need more and more aircraft carriers. But why?

I am asking this bcz, China has ability to destroy satellite in space, on top of it they do have missiles to destroy aircraft carriers.

Are they not enough for "secure doorstep". I wonder.

apple

Don't really know what military agreements America has with Asian countries.

But, I know Australia has very binding defence agreements with Malaysia and South Korea, an extremely good military relationship with Singapore and Japan and useful, but problematic relations, with Indonesia (our soldiers have killed each other before) and the Philipines (they are so poor their military is virtually useless/ non existant).

Presume America has very similiar agreements, with probably exactly the same countries.

As to submarines, they would probably scare everyone else more than Chinese aircraft carriers. Although, aircraft carriers are more useful for force projection.

Now they need more and more aircraft carriers. But why?

I am asking this bcz, China has ability to destroy satellite in space, on top of it they do have missiles to destroy aircraft carriers.

Have no ideas about satellites, but have heard about the Chinese claims to have an "Aircraft carrier killer" missile. The reports I read were quite dismissive of the claims of the Chinese military. But yes, the effectiveness (or not) of those missiles would be very much a part of the (dis/)information war.

no smoking

Country flag
Which country is saying that China is not a super power?

What US have to do, so that China can consider that now US has accepted China as super power!
When US provides absolute military guarantee in Sino-Japan disputation over that island, American already tells Chinese: We will not give anything up without a fight.

More cry! I said US allies remain as it is on top of it, few more countries started talks with US or its allies.

Now what ChinaDaily says about it, let us see.....

Vietnam, Japan strengthen defense, maritime ties - News - China Daily Asia

And what Taiwan Brain Trust executive director says....

Taiwan should upgrade Japan ties: think tank - Taipei Times

(I kept Taiwan here for some reason.)
Let me know when the military alliance was setting up.

Another crap and much more cry.

How many of this China has far away from its main land!

All these just to "secure its land" and all these done by "green water fleet", isn't it?
Where is this radar station? South China sea, right? It is still in the area I am talking about.
Where is the permanent navy base for Chinese fleet in India ocean? Can you show me a picture?
Of course, you can't because there is none.

The point is they have far more submarines than carrier. So far, they have at least 4 nuclear submarines and they are still working on next generation. At the same time they are also building new diesel submarines. How many carrier they have? Zero, yes, Liaoning is only a test carrier. How many carrier they are building? Only ONE!!! Don't you think that is too less, too slow?

For you information, that is far from enough. What about American's cruisers? What about American's submarines? What about American's bombers?
Look at the map, moving your finger from Korea down to Philippine and counting how many American navy/air force base over this line, and then tell me which part of Chinese sea transportation line is not covered by US forces.

Killing Carriers is just a tiny part of job (if this missile really works as expected).

The point is: US navy is far more powerful than India navy and US navy stations far closer to China than India navy. It is unthinkable strategy to send your ship to launch a war against an enemy thousands miles away when exposing your own back to the most dangerous rival.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles