China could do Kargil on India, warns IDSA

SHASH2K2

China could do a Kargil on India "to teach India a lesson", warned strategic affairs think-tank Insitute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA), adding it could be a "limited war".

The limited hostilties could be confined to a specific section of the border, limited in duration and amenable to a negotiated termination, IDSA said in its report.

Projecting conflict scenarios between the two Asian giants, a report titled A Consideration of Sino Indian Conflict by Ali Ahmed said, "The lower end of the conflict at this level could be a Kargil-like situation. China's aim could be to teach India a lesson so as to influence India's rise before its capacity building underway acquires traction."
The report warned this "could be a limited war confined to a specific section of the border or LAC, limited in duration and amenable to a negotiated termination".
The Kargil hostilities were triggered by infiltration of Pakistani soldiers and Kashmiri militants into positions on the Indian side of the Line of Control (LoC) in 1999.
Ahmed warns at a higher level, China could indulge in a "territorial grab" by entering an area such as Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh.
"At the next rung, it could be a more ambitious bid southwards up to its claim line. Lateral or horizontal expansion of conflict from one theatre to another is the next step, with the conflict engulfing one or more of the four possible theatres -- Ladakh, Central Sector, Sikkim and Arunachal," the report said.
The think-tank said in view of India becoming better prepared in future with its capability-development programmes, it could engage China's "hegemonic attention."
"Since India would be better prepared by then, China may instead wish to set India back now by a preventive war. This means current day preparedness is as essential as preparation for the future," it said.

China could do Kargil on India, warns IDSA - Hindustan Times

Naren1987

Sounds insane,
What reason would China have to risk a nuclear war?
Looks like some of our countrymen have been taking lessons from the American Neo-Cons.

SHASH2K2

Sounds insane,
Looks like some of our countrymen have been taking lessons from the American Neo-Cons.
Naren you didnt get the point. It will be limited war . something like Kargil that will not cross nuclear threshold.

SHASH2K2

We will make it cross the nuclear threshold then.
As a patriot I feel like beating shit out of china in case of any misadventure. But the realist in me ask me to calm down and do a recheck. when we cannot d it against Pakistan which is much inferior to us we cannot do it against china for sure. If USA lands its boots and machine to help us then maybe we can but thats not going to happen. :(

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
As a patriot I feel like beating shit out of china in case of any misadventure. But the realist in me ask me to calm down and do a recheck. when we cannot d it against Pakistan which is much inferior to us we cannot do it against china for sure. If USA lands its boots and machine to help us then maybe we can but thats not going to happen. :(
We cannot do it because we value our freedom and way of life. When that is threatened then nukes will fly. In a nuclear slugfest the inferior side naturally has less to lose.

But warm blooded people like us dont sit at the top.

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
A old question for u . Where is ur nuke?LOL

We cannot do it because we value our freedom and way of life. When that is threatened then nukes will fly. In a nuclear slugfest the inferior side naturally has less to lose.

But warm blooded people like us dont sit at the top.

pmaitra

The US might help with machines but will not land their boots here. At least that is what I think.

However, PRC might think that once they grab some land and hold on to it and get India to agree to ceasefire, then that territory will become theirs for sure. The idea is to nip the 'problem' in the bud. I put that in quotes because it is a possibility.

In another thread I suggested that should there be skirmish, it better be on the PRC side, even if it is just 5 metres into PRC side.

Adux

Country flag
And India could do to China what it did to Pakistan.

Regarding the chicom's love for where is your 'nuke', knowing chinese quality of manufacturing, i rather woud be scared of his own stockpile

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Naren you didnt get the point. It will be limited war . something like Kargil that will not cross nuclear threshold.
Capturing Tawang will hardly be limited!

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Sounds insane,
Do you really think that the Maino Mafia is actually having the will to conduct nuclear war for the sake of country? Seriously?!After all that has happened?

Right now we are in danger from even Sri Lanka invading us, forget China.

Besides, Paranoia is better when we are surrounded by the world's largest exporter of Islamist terrorism and an expansionist tyrant state both of whom are unstable, sick and relentless and not to mention nuclear armed. So paranoia would be a very right expression for our country's location. If it can get cutting edge weapons for troops, strong ministers in PM and DM posts, get state of the art infrastructure in the NE, then I am all for being paranoid.

For those who tease "neo-Cons", here's a fact that liberal jokers would run away from:

US became paranoid in 2001, and it took an action out of its paranoia. After that, there's not been a single successful terrorist attack in their country.

Do the math and wonder why.

captonjohn

Country flag
India is in very unstable region where it is surrounded by hostile countries in which one is world's largest terrorism exporter and another has world's largest army which is definitely a cause of concern. The reason why we should be strong is that if we don't become stronger and superior in Asia like USA then we will be either destroyed or disappeared from map of the world in the form of small group of nations fighting together.

Pakistan and China both has nukes and both want to destroy India, China too want to vanish India completely because India is the only major threat in its region. So in case of war it will definitely turn into nuclear war because Pakistan won't stop and will initiate it first and we all know that this time we will fight with Pak-China axis that is one nuke response to Pak will give China a reason to use its nuke. We are in big problem as we will have to create a wall of ABMS in West, North and eastern region.

I conclude that if we don't become powerful as USA then we won't exists and will not survive. Believe me.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles