China Copies BrahMos

sgarg

LoL if china had to buy yakhont or copy Brahmos then you can imagine how badly the Chines anti ship missiles have failed.:rofl:
A country can develop or acquire a technology. The Chinese have taken "buy or steal" route. Whatever it is, we have to take Chinese seriously.

sgarg

Chinese missiles would have to be fired in 100s to hit and take down a target.)

The way Chinese missiles explode in Pakistani missile test flights, I wouldnt be surprised if your country stocks missiles in 1000s and millions.
The Chinese missiles are considered very good.

The Pakistani tests that keep on failing are the North Korean supplied missiles.

sorcerer

Country flag

The Pakistani tests that keep on failing are the North Korean supplied missiles.
I understand that Chinese do have a few impressive missiles though they reverse engineered a few of them.
I was just pulling CCP's leg. :)

Bheeshma

Er... no they are not. Its becoming more and more difficult to take anything you say seriously. Chinese crap is only accepted by pakistan when there is simply no other alternative. The F-22p were accepted when second hand OHP's or Type-22/23 were not provided. THe chinese subs are only being considered coz germany told them to ---- off and france refused to share any ToT. Unlike scorpene the last Agosta-90B was simply assembled from knocked down kits. They have to replace all the Mirage-III's and cannot afford to buy F-16's so JF-17's.
Chinese military stuff is not VFM but more like LOP(last option purchase).:rofl:

sgarg

@Bheeshma, you may not take me seriously but that does not matter. When USA takes China seriously, then who are you to say otherwise? Inform yourself.

Chinese aircrafts may not be as good as Western counterparts but missiles are a different matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Slightly off topic. China is hub of manufacturing and they are using same for defence. Look at the products they are making. GOI should pump serious money on defence production and export. Or else we will no where near China.

You aim for China, Pak will be automatically taken care of.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Pic in the News source

Supersonic Anti-Ship Missile Demonstrated by Chinese Military

The Chinese military is showing off its new supersonic missile. A video on China's state-run CCTV shows warships destroying target ships with the CX-1 Ramjet Supersonic Anti-Ship Cruise Missile.

The CCTV video shows several launches of what it alleges are the CX-1 missiles, including vertical and horizontal launches. The video also shows the missiles arc, then move to strike their targets horizontally.

Launch cycles shown in the video appear to line up with military advertisements for the Chinese CX-1. The missiles seen in video stills from the test also seem accurate when compared to images of the CX-1 shown on military websites.

The CX-1 is meant to target small, medium, and large ships as well as land-based targets, according to Chinese Military Review.

China claims the CX-1 can reach Mach 3 speeds, or about 2,283 miles-per-hour.

Only a handful of countries have supersonic cruise missiles, including the United States, Russia, and India.

The U.S. GM-123 Skipper II has a maximum speed of 680 miles-per-hour, yet most U.S. anti-ship missiles are subsonic, with speeds between 530 and 550 miles-per-hour. Defense analysts are comparing the CX-1 to the BrahMos ramjet supersonic cruise missile developed by Russia and India.

China uses anti-ship missiles in its anti-access/area-denial (A2/AD) strategy which uses short-range ballistic and cruise missiles to deter foreign intervention in China's military ambitions. The strategy would allegedly come into play if China were to attack Taiwan or another nearby country.

Supersonic Anti-Ship Missile Demonstrated by Chinese Military (PHOTOS) - The Epoch Times

Ajeesh Kumar S

look at the underbelly of missile (one of the picture spread on internet ).... the air intake for turbofan engine is visible.and also the first stage solid propulsion system..much look like the c-802 family missiles
so i think this is a propaganda video by cctv to counter the fear on possible sale of brahmos to vietnam..

Last edited:

CCP

look at the underbelly of missile (one of the picture spread on internet ).... the air intake for turbofan engine is visible.and also the first stage solid propulsion system..much look like the c-802 family missiles
so i think this is a propaganda video by cctv to counter the fear on possible sale of brahmos to vietnam..
??? what do you mean "so i think this is a propaganda video by cctv to counter the fear on possible sale of brahmos to vietnam"
where and when is the " propaganda video "?

I can not follow your logic...

They are 3 totally different missiles.

The one on your pic is

YJ -62 / C602

C802

CX-1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"fear on possible sale of brahmos to vietnam"

LOL, you are so funny.

You can not produce and operate Brahmos by yourself.

Engine - Russia (FYI, India does not have any factory to produce it till now.)
Navigation - Israel(gyroscopes) + Russia(GPS navigation satellites)

I think you should fear we give CX-1 to Sri Lanka or Pakistan. We can provide full TOT and GPS signal to our customers.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
@CCP
I liked your patriotism. But I wanna know what you are smokin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajeesh Kumar S

china couldn't sell this photocopy technology to -----s or lankans because even a single Chinese j-11 or j-15 sold to third country similarly you can get ramjet technology but did not cut and paste the brahmose light russian alloys based on titanium. India can have ramjet technology man .....we use similar solid ramjet technology on our akash platform...then brahmose not use Israeli gyroscope...that is fibre optic gyro developed by drdo. no Israeli company share any technology with yakhont or brahmos . because Israel always on threat of yakhont technology from syria or hissbulla . your missile have only one navigation system baidou or glonass but our latest brahmose block-3 have G-3 OM chip which can work with three navigational system simultaneously (gps,glonass,gagan,,,,near future irnss).

biswaranjanrath.sipu

After usa and Russia military product finally China starts doing copy of Indian military products .I think China is not going to spare any nation .it will copy whole world but in this way it may lose its own identity.

Country flag
I am sure for a price russia would gladly give china the technology (and probably did?)

Pandora

Country flag
I am sure for a price russia would gladly give china the technology (and probably did?)
Exactly my point ,if they can sell S400 and Su 35,then what stopped them to sell Brahmos or Yakhont technology.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles