China Copies BrahMos

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
These are the images I found for CX-1 missile, a purported copy of BrahMos

And here is Brahmos for comparison

But the real thing will be to see the similarities when its launched. Mere missile appearance is no way to compare it to Brahmos or any other missile.

pmaitra

The Chinese missile looks more like the fuselage of a MiG-21.

This nose-cone moves back and forth. It moves out when the plane is flying faster to reduce the amount of air getting in. Does the Chinese missile do the same?

It is also not a pure cone, but a two stage (dual angle) cone. This helps in deflecting most of the air away from the circular inlet, allowing only a little bit in, at ~sonic speeds.

ninja85

brahmos itself is copy of p-800,china copied p-800.

sorcerer

Country flag
We cannot make out much from the nose cone of pics from the chinese source.Distorted, covered and odd angle. I did have similar doubts.
It looks more like another publicity stunt.

Hope someone would be able to get a good pic.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Internet espionage at its best. This is only weapon they have copied. It is three times chinese agents broke into the Brahmos computer system. All along they have been stealing.

Can they steal the Brahmos brains and the seeker which takes it to the target and executed the final S manuover to hit the target. If they have done it then it means they have a human spy inside the Brahmos development agency.

On the other hand it is possible that they have been lying. They have engineered a missile which very much looks like Brahmos. Lots of other nations have been trying it. If the forgoing is true then why bother give their own missile the shape and looks of Brahmos.

pmaitra

Form follows function. If the Chinese missile is supposed to do what BrahMos is supposed to, then it is also supposed to look similar to BrahMos.

sorcerer

Country flag
Seems like its a concept design.... So far thats what the internets says.
For the world Brahmos is one of our edge, China want to counter the world view. a few pics would do exactly that for China.

Beijing fears any mere possibility that may cause disruption of impression on China and makes move to counter it. Its a natural psychology of CCP who wants to "appear" strong all the time.
Its another "We too have it" power projection and China will go any length to play that drama at any stage.

Last edited:

Bheeshma

Brahmos is deadly becuase of what is inside not what it looks like. Otherwise china also has the capability to make F-22 and F-35.:rofl:. Not anytime in the next 2 decades.

sorcerer

Country flag
Brahmos is deadly becuase of what is inside not what it looks like. Othe wise china also has the capability to make F-22 and F-35.:rofl:. Not anytime in the next 2 decades.
NIce to see the self proclaimed 'have it all' China fearing real Indian innovations and making all out moves to blur Indian expertise in international arena.

CCP

Brahmos is deadly becuase of what is inside not what it looks like. Otherwise china also has the capability to make F-22 and F-35.:rofl:. Not anytime in the next 2 decades.
What is inside?
p-800?

Last edited:

CCP

NIce to see the self proclaimed 'have it all' China fearing real Indian innovations and making all out moves to blur Indian expertise in international arena.
Real Indian innovations? bramos?

CCP

BTW, India said to build 2000 pieces of Brahmos in 10 years( 2000-2010).

Why only ~300 have been builded?

Last edited:

sgarg

@CCP, the informed Indians already assume that China has most of the Russian technology.

I am not surprised at the Chinese missile.

The Brahmos is not a purely Indian missile. It is a joint venture between Russia and India, and it is based on Yakhont missile. India has contributed to improvements.

The number of missiles in Indian inventory is based on the planning of MOD and amount of money allocated for this project etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

sgarg

@CCP, however do not under-estimate Indian ballistic missiles which are locally designed and produced.

The reliable sources tell me that Prithvi II and Agni I are very very accurate and both carry large payloads.

The numbers of Prithvi and Agni deployed is more than Brahmos.

Last edited by a moderator:

sorcerer

Country flag
Real Indian innovations? bramos?
Well, I was talking in the broader sense not specifially objective to Brahmos, with Russia alliance.
Sweetie, I used the word "Innovate".
Now lets see that word means...

innovate
ˈɪnəveɪt/
verb
verb: innovate; 3rd person present: innovates; past tense: innovated; past participle: innovated; gerund or present participle: innovating

make changes in something established, especially by introducing new methods, ideas, or products..

From the Chinese point of view, innovate means Steal, copy,build a replica and claim it in own name which is not the Indian version of Innovate.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I believe China operates Yakhont which is a Brahmos derivative (or is it the other way round)

sorcerer

Country flag
BTW, India said to build 2000 pieces of Brahmos in 10 years( 2000-2010).

Why only ~300 have been builded?
1) Basically missiles are ordered and built specifically for a purpose which is enough to serve a certain strategic objective.
When upgrade of technology or more innovation is planned, a few numbers of improved missile systems are added to the inventory. So there is no point in amassing missiles in 1000s of a specific version.
For innovation , you should know what you are working on so in this case there is scope for solid understandable improvements at all levels. Innovation does not happen when you copy stuffs. Hope you understood.

2) Our missiles are very accurate and does not require to be fired in 10000s to hit a single target.( I dont know how your missiles operate, but the way you are stressing on the numbers means, Chinese missiles would have to be fired in 100s to hit and take down a target.)

The way Chinese missiles explode in Pakistani missile test flights, I wouldnt be surprised if your country stocks missiles in 1000s and millions.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
India has upgraded Brahmos over the years. Russia has provided the RAM jet technology to China.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles