China blocks British propaganda website

pmaitra

BBC's website is being blocked across China

Access to the BBC's English-language website has been blocked across China, the corporation has said.

BBC Global News director Peter Horrocks said it appeared to be "deliberate censorship", adding that the BBC was complaining to the authorities.

Other major news websites were functioning as usual, and the reason for the blackout remained unclear.

Since the 2008 Beijing Olympics, the BBC's English-language site has been generally available.

However, other BBC services including its Chinese-language news website has been blocked largely since it was launched.

BBC World TV - as with all overseas broadcasters - suffers intermittent blackouts particularly when reporting China stories.
In view of the ongoing protests in Hong Kong (not arguing about of its merits or demerits), and the recently concluded Molotov-cocktail party in Kiev, one cannot blame PRC from doing what it deems is in the national interests. No one needs a sniper attack and people getting killed for the sake of "democracy" and "freedom of speech."

Here is the most ridiculous part of the article (BBC beating its own drum):
Mr Horrocks said: "The BBC provides impartial :)rofl:), trusted :)rotflmao:) news to millions of people around the world, and attempts to censor our news services show just how important it is to get our accurate information to them."
Source: BBC News - BBC's website is being blocked across China

nimo_cn

Country flag
just tried, bbc is not accessible.

I think the reason for the blackout is quite clear, bbc knows it better than anyone.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk 2

santosh10

just tried, bbc is not accessible.

I think the reason for the blackout is quite clear, bbc knows it better than anyone.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk 2

in fact, im habituated to see BBC's advertisement showing, "if food prices increases because of high demands from China, then US's/Western people will buy/import less products from China and this way China's growth rate may then come down."
WE SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE - BBC

:rofl: :tsk:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
BBC has started a month long advertisement campaign of "Made in china", i wonder what will happen to that campaign now.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Communist Not allow Capitalist News ..Just Like some Muslim countries Banned Facebook and Youtube Platforms

Also @pmaitra Should Know about China Previously Banned The So Called Google in the Past

one More thing Why Mods only have Options to Editing the Headline into Different one ..If we did the same we get warning

Last edited by a moderator:

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
There was a time when I used to watch BBC regularly as it was much more neutral than CNN, well those days are long gone and the BBC has become little more than a government mouthpiece now. Good riddance to bad rubbish I'd say.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles