China, Argentina set for defence collaboration, Malvinas-class OPV

Compersion

Country flag
Uk has any power to take on china? Uk cannot do anything internationally without usa's support
agreed - but for the situation on topic i believe it is the uk and uk alone that can handle it and they might be able to do it better without usa - sure usa will provide moral support but this situation might bring massive galvanism to the uk and such the motivation to be more vocal in areas where it is not in the advantage in the adversarial nature of things to the other party. why must the trade-off be one-sided and also in the favor of whom might be thrown in the hat within Whitehall corridors. they have built their stand and position on falkands carefully and thoughtfully and painstakingly over many years. we are seeing in ukraine how messy it can get if not handled properly. also to have territorial acquisitions in modern era is difficult and prohibitive. will prc suggest a special region of Falklands tactic to Argentina to negotiate with britain due to precedent and build up its military and say that is the reason why british "gave up" falkands. but Argentina is a democracy and has open source relations with the west (sometimes a little conflicting with its economics issues and German history).

if it is a point on reasonableness and appropriateness it would need to explored in other areas and sometimes sensitive areas for others and also and if this was done for a trade-off it - what would the Argentinians think (are they prostitutes). sometimes it looks good on paper yet in action it gets mellowed down eventually under some status quo algorithm. the premise to this is if it is true that PRC is being such vocal and actionable against uk in Argentina. also one cannot run foreign policy being 99% wrong to get that 1% lottery ticket winning.

if the Argentinians were able to get this for their support and nonrecognition of taiwan - others might play more hard ball and demand more from them. and also not sure if UK will allow such for better word defamation be allowed in the public of its name ...

i believe the below stems from the action why PRC is behaving in such a way (one of the reasons) - i say this with the caveat that if it is true they are behaving like i have been hearing bits and pieces (unsure) ...

BBC News - Hong Kong ban unjustified and counterproductive - minister

also you cannot blame the uk if you registered a international document agreement with the UN and negotiated it ... the PRC needs to return to being pragmatic (which i believe is the norm usually and i suspect it ought to be always) and not supercilious (if it is true with Argentina)

Last edited:
Country flag
Take out China? :lol:

That's a good one.

With what are they going to take them out?

This??

Too fat to fight? Barely two-thirds of troops are fit - Home News - UK - The Independent

European colonial era is over.

While we have issues with China, let's be realistic.

NATO being an alliance of different countries cannot even sustain a proper fight in Afghanistan and Iraq.

What makes you think they'd have the muscle to fight China?

The Dragon will simply pulverize UK in a straight war if it is a one-on-one contest.

This is the question I have asked. What can uk do against china?
I was a kid during the falkland war and I remember watching it daily on tv with my father on the news.
Uk had such a tough time Gurkhas had to be sent in to save face.

no smoking

Country flag
Tell us something; how come you never really provided the J-10 in the open market. Maybe the A variant for the initial stage?

Your production levels of aircraft are quite good and are in line with the western production rates; sometimes even better if seen country-to-country basis.

Then why are you delaying the jet sales to Pakistan or not even offering J-10 in the open market?

After all, USA still continues to offer F-16s in the market.

A lot of people in Asia feel that Las Malvinas belong to Argentina, including us.

But the thing is, the islanders there vote themselves as British.

So how would Argentina politically justify even if it can take over?
A couple of reasons:
1. J-10 is still equipped with Russian engine (Chinese engine is barely enough to supply J-11BS, J15 and J16) and Russian doesn't want another competitor entering the market.
2. The traditional customers of Chinese weapon are those third world countries, J-10 is just too expensive to them.
3. A lots of Chinese pilots are still flying J7 and J8, Chinese factories don't have much extra capacity to supply foreign customers.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Argentina is a perennial basket case. They've defaulted twice in 15 years with no sign of breaking out of their economic slump. There is not future with that nation and little to gain for China.

Country flag
Argentina is a perennial basket case. They've defaulted twice in 15 years with no sign of breaking out of their economic slump. There is not future with that nation and little to gain for China.
Maybe china can access the oil in the south Atlantic if it helps Argentina?
Plenty to gain there.

no smoking

Country flag
It is a perfect opportunity to enter into a country which has been in crisis for quite long time:
1. the financial or economic resources of this country already run out, she desperately need aid;
2. She will be far more grateful when you offer help during her crisis;
3. When most of foreign companies already withdrew from this country, there is certainly plenty of rooms for a new competitor.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
It is a perfect opportunity to enter into a country which has been in crisis for quite long time:
1. the financial or economic resources of this country already run out, she desperately need aid;
2. She will be far more grateful when you offer help during her crisis;
3. When most of foreign companies already withdrew from this country, there is certainly plenty of rooms for a new competitor.

I just don't get it; why and how has Argentina managed to default itself twice in 15 years?

Their public spending needs to be controlled. They have zero focus on resource exports and are constantly competing in areas which is out of their limits.

Does China plan to bail out the country?

amoy

Argentina OKs deal with China on satellite station

http://www1.china.org.cn/world/2015-02/26/content_34895773.htm

The satellite station being built in southern Neuquen province is China's first outside the country for its space exploration program. It will be used for monitoring and downloading data through an antenna with a 115-foot (35-meter) diameter. It's expected to cost $300 million and will be operational in 2016.

As part of the agreement, Argentina will be able to access at least 10 percent of the antenna's available time to develop research projects.

Argentina launched its first domestically built communications satellite last year. The ARSAT-1 satellite was the first to be constructed with local technology in Latin America.

~~Still waters run deep. ~~from my MiPad using tapatalk

no smoking

Country flag
I just don't get it; why and how has Argentina managed to default itself twice in 15 years?

Their public spending needs to be controlled. They have zero focus on resource exports and are constantly competing in areas which is out of their limits.

Does China plan to bail out the country?
No, China is planning to do business with them from which both side can benefit.

amoy

Argentine Air Force delegation 'to visit China for fast jet talks' - IHS Jane's 360
China's J-10 advocated as Argentine 'Typhoon beater' - IHS Jane's 360

18 March 2015

An Argentine Air Force delegation may visit China soon to explore the possible purchase of the Chinese fighter aircraft, according to Argentine Defence Minister Augustin Rossi.

Argentine reports on 17 March noted that Rossi had declined to say how many fighters are being sought, but did say it was "no less than 12 and no more than 24."

The visit would represent a rapid follow-up to President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner's visit to Beijing in February, which resulted in a communique announcing a new "working group with a view to the incorporation by Argentina of Chinese-designed fighter jets".

Reports have mentioned that Argentina may be interested in the Chengdu Aircraft Corporation's J-10 and FC-1/JL-17 fighters, with the latter preferred by the Fabrica Argentina de Avions (FAdeA), the national aircraft factory.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
US treats South America as her backyard and hence always ensures things go their way.

Of course they tried a lot in Venezuela including overthrowing Chávez, who returned to power in two days. The case of Salvador Guillermo Allende Gossens of Chile is well known. He was overthrown by a coup d'état sponsored by the United States Central Intelligence Agency and was killed and replaced by Pinochet.

Now, Brazil is in trouble since it initiated action to move away from the dollar in trade.

Argentina's move will surely invite US attention and US is not unknown to covert means to overthrow regimes that are inimical to US interest.

The US is very concerned about the encroachment by China into South America. One would remember that an attempt by Mexico to have the Chinese Hi speed trains got scuttled. The hidden US hand surely would have been there.

pmaitra

US treats South America as her backyard and hence always ensures things go their way.

Of course they tried a lot in Venezuela including overthrowing Chávez, who returned to power in two days. The case of Salvador Guillermo Allende Gossens of Chile is well known. He was overthrown by a coup d'état sponsored by the United States Central Intelligence Agency and was killed and replaced by Pinochet.

Now, Brazil is in trouble since it initiated action to move away from the dollar in trade.

Argentina's move will surely invite US attention and US is not unknown to covert means to overthrow regimes that are inimical to US interest.

The US is very concerned about the encroachment by China into South America. One would remember that an attempt by Mexico to have the Chinese Hi speed trains got scuttled. The hidden US hand surely would have been there.
Sir, please have a look at this article: Argentina Declared in Default – Warning to Ukraine (@IBSA and @Latika_singer, you must read this also.)
  • Please pay attention to the paragraph about informal links these major financiers allegedly have with the judiciary in UK and US.
  • Also, please pay attention to the recent dispute between Argentina and UK, following which PRC gave Argentina some lethal weapons, so that any confrontation will be costly for the UK.

At a later point, please have a look at this as well: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/europe-russia/61895-civil-war-ukraine-881.html#post1020118

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir, please have a look at this article: Argentina Declared in Default – Warning to Ukraine (@IBSA and @Latika_singer, you must read this also.)
  • Please pay attention to the paragraph about informal links these major financiers allegedly have with the judiciary in UK and US.
  • Also, please pay attention to the recent dispute between Argentina and UK, following which PRC gave Argentina some lethal weapons, so that any confrontation will be costly for the UK.

At a later point, please have a look at this as well: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/europe-russia/61895-civil-war-ukraine-881.html#post1020118
A new addition to the type of imperialism practiced as per the report:
New York court hands down ruling or US legal imperialism in action

Just what I am trying to state. No country in South America can operate totally independently. Chavez tried and died. Allende tried and died.

US is indeed a powerful nation that will go to any extent to ensure that her writ runs. Panama boss overthrown and jailed. Aristide of Haiti was overthrown and exiled. And it goes on.

Tough to upset the US I will say.

pmaitra

Just what I am trying to state. No country in South America can operate totally independently. Chavez tried and died. Allende tried and died.

US is indeed a powerful nation that will go to any extent to ensure that her writ runs. Panama boss overthrown and jailed. Aristide of Haiti was overthrown and exiled. And it goes on.

Sir, those invisible bankers actually control these major military powers.

The problem is, these financiers actually migrate from country to country or bloc to bloc, often competing with fellow financiers. The global financial clout is shifting to PRC, and BRICS. The financiers are also trying to put their feet in the door. You might be surprised to know that the term BRICS was coined by Goldman Sachs, another major banking institution. Once the US Dollar slowly loses steam, so will the US military power. It is all linked to the graph showed in this article.

Compersion

Country flag
one of biggest also benefits the PRC has given to the world is cheap goods and available to one and many.

i have to give them respect for that and they are not biased on where and who to supply and sometimes on good and reasonable payment terms.

this has alone disturbed and one say can made better the economic world order.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Sir, I would like to add that the role of bankers in influencing the fate of countries is a long one. The bankers of a nation would often extend loans to the kings of countries. When they would find that the king may not be able to repay his loan they would often collude with the enemy nation. The bankers would cause coups and their machinations have been well documented through history. Often these bankers would goad the country`s military establishment to buy their weapons from a particular manufacturer.

One famous example of such notorious bankers are the Rothschilds. Now I do not believe all of the ridiculous conspiracy theories surrounding them. However what is indeed true is that they had substantial stakes in East India Company and they were also sponsoring the Continental Army that defeated Napoleon in the Battle of Waterloo.

In fact another example of bankers causing wars would be that of Italian Wars of 1500-1540. Before the Renaissance the only bankers in Europe were Jews. It was illegal for European Christians to take interests from loans(Biblical restrictions AFAIK) and so they never became money lenders. The Renaissance changed all that and soon there was an increase in the number of money lenders(Christians mainly) in Italy. Most of this new non Jewish bankers came from Milan,Parma etc. So as to stop this new competitors and destroy the duchies of Milan and Parma, the Italians Jews instigated a war between France and the northern Italian dukes under the HRE. After all they had double benefit from such an arrangement. They could give loans to the warring sides and eliminate their competitors from their stronghold. There are many such examples.

Of course these might all be conspiracy theories but we can never rule out the possibility that they are true. I think all such incidences cannot be a big conspiracy.

Anyway on topic,Argentina must be extremely cautious when dealing with China or for that matter with UK,US,France and Russia. Indigenous production is always the best option.

Here is what came to my mind from the Tintin comics, an arms dealer selling weapons to both sides.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir, those invisible bankers actually control these major military powers.

The problem is, these financiers actually migrate from country to country or bloc to bloc, often competing with fellow financiers. The global financial clout is shifting to PRC, and BRICS. The financiers are also trying to put their feet in the door. You might be surprised to know that the term BRICS was coined by Goldman Sachs, another major banking institution. Once the US Dollar slowly loses steam, so will the US military power. It is all linked to the graph showed in this article.
Thanks.

Isn't it Jim O'Neill, who has some post in Goldman Sachs?

Latika_singer

A simple user of DFI
The USA is hateable country,i mentioning this always :usa: :mad:
this news was hateable...
Venezuela is a intelligent country
The Falklands Islands was of Argentina
Thanks @pmaitra

IBSA

Country flag
There are an attempt by US to destabilize BRICS countries.

Argentina recently said it has interest in to unite the BRICS group. And also it bought some chinese ships as was said previously in the topic. China also has a satellite base launch in Argentina.

US will not allow this approach between Latin American countries and Chinese in his backyard. The case of Argentinean shot down prosecutor can be an attempt to destabilize Cristina Kirchner. Like as the Brazilian rallies of Sunday and Dilma Rousseff.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles