China and the United States Are Preparing for War

sgarg

What disaster is China heading to?
And what wars?

Who refused to settle the border unless all its conditions are satisfied?

Well, US, China and Saudi Arab will make sure they come back. You are welcome.
China is a country prone to disaster. This was told to me by ethnic Chinese on my overseas trip. I had no previous knowledge of China.

Mao's Great Leap Forward 'killed 45 million in four years'
Mao's Great Leap Forward 'killed 45 million in four years' - News - Books - The Independent

The above is an example of human misery, not greatness of China.

The communist party of China is the one heading for disaster. The nation of China will see a lot of trouble in the transition. The communist party of China has lost its relevance as social disparity rises in China, and all the capitalist evils display in full force.

India is a target of communist party of China as a diversion. It is NOT about border dispute. There is no big border dispute except a small issue converted to big one by China itself. If this issue was significant as you say, China is big and strong enough to fight for it. China itself talks about "peace and tranquility" on the border for which agreement has been signed.

sgarg

China cannot set Pakistan right. Even Saudi Arabia cannot set Pakistan right. Pakistan is a ship steaming full speed for the rocks. NOBODY CAN SAVE PAKISTAN.

USA has tried for a very long time to steady Pakistani boat, but has given up in frustration. Now China wants to step in where USA failed.

All Indian leaders have bought into the spurious American argument that Pakistani army is good for Pakistan. All this while Pakistani army was radicalizing and protecting and nurturing terrorists.

India has taken the approach of keeping its hands off Pakistan for a long time. However if Pakistani get too ambitious, pushback will come for sure.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Right, when I win a big lotto, I will beat crap out of my boss. Dreaming is good for your health.
I do not dream but read than arrive at conclusion. Dreaming is part of your leadership and Pakistani friends. One has to think of future and it is called futurist.

no smoking

Country flag
China is a country prone to disaster. This was told to me by ethnic Chinese on my overseas trip. I had no previous knowledge of China.
Didn't you ask him or her about India? Well, if you did, he or she will tell you the same answer!
That is the typical Chinse way of think: thinking about the worst even you are in the best! (居安思危)

Mao's Great Leap Forward 'killed 45 million in four years' - News - Books - The Independent

The above is an example of human misery, not greatness of China.

The communist party of China is the one heading for disaster. The nation of China will see a lot of trouble in the transition. The communist party of China has lost its relevance as social disparity rises in China, and all the capitalist evils display in full force.
The number was increased again?
The first time I hear this in 80s, the data was 10millions.
Then in 90s, a Movie of HK put it up to 20millions.
In 21 century, it grew to 30 millions.
Now, it is 45 millions already!
I guess it can reach 100 millions before my death.

India is a target of communist party of China as a diversion. It is NOT about border dispute. There is no big border dispute except a small issue converted to big one by China itself. If this issue was significant as you say, China is big and strong enough to fight for it. China itself talks about "peace and tranquility" on the border for which agreement has been signed.
Can you tell me what agreement was signed by PRC and Indian Government?
Yes, it is a small issue, which India kept refusing to settle for 50 years.

no smoking

Country flag
I do not dream but read than arrive at conclusion. Dreaming is part of your leadership and Pakistani friends. One has to think of future and it is called futurist.
Oh, yes, there is a lot of conclusion made by Indian members in this forum. But it seems you guys are too bad on forecasting.

no smoking

Country flag
China cannot set Pakistan right. Even Saudi Arabia cannot set Pakistan right. Pakistan is a ship steaming full speed for the rocks. NOBODY CAN SAVE PAKISTAN.

USA has tried for a very long time to steady Pakistani boat, but has given up in frustration. Now China wants to step in where USA failed.

All Indian leaders have bought into the spurious American argument that Pakistani army is good for Pakistan. All this while Pakistani army was radicalizing and protecting and nurturing terrorists.

India has taken the approach of keeping its hands off Pakistan for a long time. However if Pakistani get too ambitious, pushback will come for sure.
Honey, please check the map: Pakistan is still there and the majority of your military/political resources are still focusing on it.

sgarg

Honey, please check the map: Pakistan is still there and the majority of your military/political resources are still focusing on it.
Your comprehension is shot. I have already told you that no Indian leader has focussed on "defeating" Pakistan. Every Indian leader has been trying to "find solution" with Pakistan.

The Gandhi family is more Muslim that the Muslim themselves.

Other leaders were also under the misconception that things will settle down and took UK/USA advice at face value.

Your statement is incorrect and your conclusion is flawed.

Study the numbers of Indian budget. Look at spending on military and internal security. You will find that Indian spending on social welfare is much larger than military spending. If India was obsessed with Pakistan as you claim, then India would be spending on military, not on welfare.

sgarg

Didn't you ask him or her about India? Well, if you did, he or she will tell you the same answer!
That is the typical Chinse way of think: thinking about the worst even you are in the best! (居安思危)

The number was increased again?
The first time I hear this in 80s, the data was 10millions.
Then in 90s, a Movie of HK put it up to 20millions.
In 21 century, it grew to 30 millions.
Now, it is 45 millions already!
I guess it can reach 100 millions before my death.

Can you tell me what agreement was signed by PRC and Indian Government?
Yes, it is a small issue, which India kept refusing to settle for 50 years.
The latest border agreement: Border Defence Cooperation Agreement between India and China: full text

You are wrong that India keeps refusing. Your statement is misleading and false. India is very keen on settling border with China. I cannot go over specifics of border discussion in a public discussion board. However the brief is that India is very keen to settle border with China.

How many Mao killed is besides the point. The point is that China is prone to human catastrophe. Your judgement about situations cannot be trusted.

If China is to become a leader, it has to behave like a leader.

CCP

The latest border agreement: Border Defence Cooperation Agreement between India and China: full text

You are wrong that India keeps refusing. Your statement is misleading and false. India is very keen on settling border with China. I cannot go over specifics of border discussion in a public discussion board. However the brief is that India is very keen to settle border with China.

How many Mao killed is besides the point. The point is that China is prone to human catastrophe. Your judgement about situations cannot be trusted.

Well, India keen to settle border with China (with an agreement that in favor of India).

2 reasons:
1. India has not confidence about its future(include Modi).
2. India think it at a sweet spot now.

China is confident and waiting for a better time to settle border with India. (eg. You can google how China settled border with Soviet/Russia).

sgarg

Well, India keen to settle border with China (with an agreement that in favor of India).

2 reasons:
1. India has not confidence about its future(include Modi).
2. India think it at a sweet spot now.

China is confident and waiting for a better time to settle border with India. (eg. You can google how China settled border with Soviet/Russia).
What will happen in future that you know and we don't know?
There is no sweet spot. Nothing big is going to happen in future that will settle things in China's favour.
I think China is riding at the top of what communist China could achieve. A fall is more likely from here for China than rise.

no smoking

Country flag

Oh, yes, India is very keen to settle the border with China in her own term which is: India gets all she asked.

Of course your judgement about situations can be trusted. I guess that is how India get ahead of China on "Everything".

Not a leader that India wants her to be.

sgarg

Oh, yes, India is very keen to settle the border with China in her own term which is: India gets all she asked.

Of course your judgement about situations can be trusted. I guess that is how India get ahead of China on "Everything".

Not a leader that India wants her to be.
You ask questions only for the sake of asking questions. Intelligent people bring solutions to the table.

"India gets all she asked" is the most incorrect way of describing the situation.

China has a tendency to give up everything at the time she seems to get everything her way. China sacrificed all the gains of World War II for her communist revolution. That did not work. Now she is sacrificing all the gains of communist revolution for a flawed capitalist system. How is that likely to work??

India is a very old country and India will survive all the good and bad of external conditions. A little redrawing of the borders is no big deal to India.

no smoking

Country flag
You ask questions only for the sake of asking questions. Intelligent people bring solutions to the table.

"India gets all she asked" is the most incorrect way of describing the situation.
Just name one single Indian leader publicly suggesting "giving up India's claim on Aksai Chin for Arunachal Pradesh".

China has a tendency to give up everything at the time she seems to get everything her way. China sacrificed all the gains of World War II for her communist revolution. That did not work. Now she is sacrificing all the gains of communist revolution for a flawed capitalist system. How is that likely to work??
Tell me what Chinese gain from WW2? And what Chinese sacrificed since 1978.
I hope you are not telling "I believe".

India is a very old country and India will survive all the good and bad of external conditions. A little redrawing of the borders is no big deal to India.
No, it is not big deal o India.
We are quite happy that Indians are thinking like this.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
To be frank, Tibet was an independent country till the Communist invade it and captured its territory.

I have indicated the same in many threads with links.

Hence, China per se has no locus standi on anything that pertains to Tibet and India.

China is a country that always prepares for war since she cannot help but have the uninhibited 'itch' to hegemonic pursuit and capture territory that is not theirs, but does so anyway, and then churns out some concocted 'history' like the Nine Dash Line to self delude that they are doing things right.

However, war with the US?

They will think 100 hundred times before they can stop their quaking.

Last edited:

sgarg

Just name one single Indian leader publicly suggesting "giving up India's claim on Aksai Chin for Arunachal Pradesh".

Tell me what Chinese gain from WW2? And what Chinese sacrificed since 1978.
I hope you are not telling "I believe".

No, it is not big deal o India.
We are quite happy that Indians are thinking like this.
No leader - Indian or Chinese will say anything until a comprehensive deal is worked out by representatives of both countries.
Any deal to be signed by India will have to be ratified by Indian Parliament. Signing a deal is not a simple affair when give and take of land is involved.

China would have developed (like it is today) by 1978 if China remained under nationalists. So China gave up gains of Second world war which was fought by Chinese nationalists.
Now the social equity is being wasted by a transition to a corrupted version of Chinese capitalism where citizens have neither political freedom nor economic freedom. As I said before, China has a big challenge on the home front.

A big India-China war is out of question. I know some military minds may think so, but the risk reward ratio does not justify it.

The proxy war through Pakistan is more likely. However China must understand that a lot can go wrong in a big India-Pakistan war. The ability of Pakistani army to hold India off is not a given. The performance of Indian forces will ultimately depend on the will of the Indian State.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China will fight India till the last Pakistani.
-Lt Col Wu
Canadian Army

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Republic of China is still an independent nation and it buy what it wants from those who will sell it.

And ROC is not a poor country.

no smoking

Country flag
Republic of China is still an independent nation and it buy what it wants from those who will sell it.

And ROC is not a poor country.
Well, ROC is not a poor "country", but there is only one can sell what she "wants" without the node from PRC, that is USA!
But USA is selling what she wants to sell rather than what ROC wants.

sgarg

Well, ROC is not a poor "country", but there is only one can sell what she "wants" without the node from PRC, that is USA!
The sale is symbolic. Take it as a signal. The frigate does not change the balance of power in itself but the fact that USA stands by Taiwan.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Doing well in India.

Exports from Taiwan amounted to US$305.1 billion in 2013, up 49.9% since 2009. Taiwan's top 10 exports accounted for 83.2% of the overall value of its global shipments.

Based on statistics from the International Monetary Fund's World Economic Outlook Database, Taiwan's total Gross Domestic Product amounted to $926.4 billion in 2013.

Therefore, exports accounted for about 32.9% of total Taiwanese economic output.

Given Taiwan's population of 23.4 million people, the total $305.1 billion in 2013 Taiwanese exports translates to roughly $13,062 for every person in the country. This compares with a benchmark $2,545 in exports per person for the world's total exports (assuming an estimated global population of 7,095,217,980 per the CIA World Factbook).
Taiwan's Top 10 Exports
The following export product groups represent the highest dollar value in Taiwanese global shipments during 2013. Also shown is the percentage share each export category represents in terms of overall exports from Taiwan.
Electronic equipment: $114,167,635,000 (37.4% of total exports)
Machinery: $29,489,138,000 (9.7%)
Mineral fuels including oil: $23,146,348,000 (7.6%)
Optical, technical and medical apparatus: $22,244,457,000 (7.3%)
Plastics: $21,935,241,000 (7.2%)
Organic chemicals: $12,089,265,000 (4%)
Iron and steel: $10,102,379,000 (3.3%)
Vehicles excluding trains and streetcars: $9,788,651,000 (3.2%)
Iron or steel articles: $7,243,120,000 (2.4%)
Copper and copper articles: $3,724,013,000 (1.2%)
Mineral fuels including oil were the fastest-growing among the top 10 export categories, up 105.1% for the 5-year period starting in 2009.

In second place for surging export sales were articles of iron or steel, up 65.1%. Taiwanese-exported automobiles posted the third-fastest gain at 55.3%.

Taiwan's unemployment rate was 4.1% in 2013, down slightly from 4.2% during 2012.

Please note that the results listed above are at the 2-digit Harmonized Tariff System code level.
Taiwan's Top 10 Exports - World's Top Exports

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles