China and India should and will be friends

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
You dont become allies with country that occupies your land.

To scramble for friendship to a country that occupies your land and claims another part of your land is sign of weakness and chinese govt look down on weakness.

You are mistaken china will be bigger loser because they wont ever reach the pinnacle if India goes mental...we wont rise but they wont either. West will rejoice and china know this thats why they would never have full war with us. They are not idiots and know full well what outcome will be and who will be real winner (west).

Last edited:

kickok1975

You dont become allies with country that occupies your land.

To scramble for friendship to a country that occupies your land and claims another part of your land is sign of weakness and chinese govt look down on weakness.

You are mistaken china will be bigger loser because they wont ever reach the pinnacle if India goes mental...we wont rise but they wont either. West will rejoice and china know this thats why they would never have full war with us. They are not idiots and know full well what outcome will be and who will be real winner (west).
You are right. We are not stupid to fight each other and let fat, lazy western nations to dominate another century. It's our turn now and we need work together peacefully to solve border problem.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
You are right. We are not stupid to fight each other and let fat, lazy western nations to dominate another century. It's our turn now and we need work together peacefully to solve border problem.
aye .. agreed ....................

amoy

What's status quo of Sino-Ind relationship? Perhaps "Cold Peace" .

1) Territorial frets: For so many decades hostility has been injected and deeply rooted in minds of both peoples about Aksai Chin or Arnachal or S. Tibet, and so on... What about 'consistency' or 'credibility' of politicians if they now swing to 'compromise' and even 'cession' of the lands the masses have long been given to understand are 'their own' ? How will the people be convinced about the 'loss' by 'spineless traitors' ?

2) Pakistan: Even the US has been supporting Pak for her strategic importance (though up and down) as her top patron. IMO it may be a blunder in geopolitics if China gives up 'all-weather' Pak. in exchange for more uncertainty. As for those talks about Balkanising Pak., or Pak as a host for terrorism, IMO are nothing but around the bush.

3) Indo-China rivalry is helpful for rise of India: Irrelevant to ideology the US (or the West at large) are pleased to see India as a counter balance to China. Ironically the more 'assertive' or 'higher' China gets the more favourable the atmosphere gets for India's rise (Similarly Pak. vs. Ind.)

In the years to come no fundamental changes can be foreseen in cold peace. Anyway it's better than cold war.

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

neither of them wnat war ,neither of them want peace .Indians are extremely wary about Chinese intentions and Chinese don't think highly of indians.China can break encirclement by withdrawing nukes from pakistan.Tibet is only an issue for india because of Pakistan no pakistan no tibetian issue.China-India relations are more in the hands of China than India

The US is the real Sun Tzu it the current situation in Asia favours it more than China or India

pmaitra

neither of them wnat war ,neither of them want peace .Indians are extremely wary about Chinese intentions and Chinese don't think highly of indians.China can break encirclement by withdrawing nukes from pakistan.Tibet is only an issue for india because of Pakistan no pakistan no tibetian issue.China-India relations are more in the hands of China than India

The US is the real Sun Tzu it the current situation in Asia favours it more than China or India
I agree with most of what you say except the fact that Tibet will not be an issue if Pakistan ceases to be an issue. Notwithstanding the stated position of GoI, there are many like me who strongly believe PRC needs to get the heaven out of Tibet. Tibet should be independent, no matter whether PRC returns Aksai Chin and Shaksgam to India or not; however, that would be a welcome start to even contemplate warmer relations with PRC. I am strongly against turning our backs on the Tibetans in the hypothetical event of PRC returning all the aforementioned occupied territories.

S.A.T.A

India must try to main the pretense of friendship with China,as will China.we must however not let go amiss any opportunity that may present itself,whenever-however, to undermine that country.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I think there is a shift in policy from the time of Mao to the current leadership. Yet China for some reason always sees India as an threat, either ideologically to its communist ideals or geographically. Indians are always waiting to be friends with China and create a new world order where Asia regains its image and power but the Chinese are fervently independent and do not take any allies. The only reason Pakistan is an Ally is because of its enmity with India and acts merely as a pawn in the game. Pakistan has always been a pawn either to USA or now China.

I hope Chinas leaders move away from this hostile posture towards us and build friendship, rest assured India would be Chinas greatest Ally ever.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
We don't need to resolve the border dispute. It won't make a significant difference, because at the end of it, India does not stand to gain territory, only lose it.

If China can simply manage to reduce its engagement with Pakistan, which is more sold-out to US than it is to China, and transfer the part of Siachen which Pakistan ceded to China (even without China claiming it), then India-China ties will improve ten-fold. Peace with all its neighbours, while at the same time, maintaining a strong military will help both China and India. The military should be in place in case the west tries to get ambitious.

pmaitra

India must try to main the pretense of friendship with China,as will China.we must however not let go amiss any opportunity that may present itself,whenever-however, to undermine that country.
Very aptly put. Yes, right how, it might not be wise for India to be too aggressive towards PRC, but India should prepare herself and when the moment is opportune, India should strike hard.

One parallel, I'd like to draw here is:
After the collapse of the USSR, the US invaded Yugoslavia (Serbia to be precise), a Russian ally and forcibly snatched away Kosovo. Russia protested, but US did not listen. US went ahead with Missile Defense plans in Poland and Czech Republic to protect Europe from Iran (really? Does Poland come in the way of Iran and Europe?). Russia protested, but US did not listen. Destiny gave Russia the opportunity and Russia took it, hammered Saakashvili, the US stooge of the Caucasus, and gave a warning to other neighbouring nations not to even think of joining NATO.

I am pretty sure destiny will give India the opportunity to take back all the occupied territories from PRC and settle our old scores.

For our Chinese friends:
Keep extending that olive branch. Your sorry efforts to oil us into friendship will have no effect, no matter how much olive oil you use. We are not in a mood to forget 1962. Not yet!

White Clouds

I echo you're sentiment kickok1975. India and China are neighbors..both are world's emerging economies and close well bonded ties with eachother will be mutually benefitial. Infact, India and China together can challenge any world super powers such as USA etc. Asia does not have to face the same fate as of Middle East getting invaded by western countries. I hope one soon China and India become great friends!

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Pakistan is the key...Like it or not we view stuff through Pakistan.

As long as China supports Pakistan militarily and diplomatically (like giving them nukes/ballistic missle tech, blocking JuD from being declared terrorist org) peace is difficult

Last edited:

kickok1975

Very aptly put. Yes, right how, it might not be wise for India to be too aggressive towards PRC, but India should prepare herself and when the moment is opportune, India should strike hard.

One parallel, I'd like to draw here is:
After the collapse of the USSR, the US invaded Yugoslavia (Serbia to be precise), a Russian ally and forcibly snatched away Kosovo. Russia protested, but US did not listen. US went ahead with Missile Defense plans in Poland and Czech Republic to protect Europe from Iran (really? Does Poland come in the way of Iran and Europe?). Russia protested, but US did not listen. Destiny gave Russia the opportunity and Russia took it, hammered Saakashvili, the US stooge of the Caucasus, and gave a warning to other neighbouring nations not to even think of joining NATO.

I am pretty sure destiny will give India the opportunity to take back all the occupied territories from PRC and settle our old scores.

For our Chinese friends:
Keep extending that olive branch. Your sorry efforts to oil us into friendship will have no effect, no matter how much olive oil you use. We are not in a mood to forget 1962. Not yet!
Dear Pmaitra, I don't care you want to be friend with us or not. I just point out the very reason for both country to live together peacefully and prosperous in 21st century. I think it's in India's best interest as well as China's. We are not begging you to be our friend.

And I can tell a lot of people here don't hold same ideal like you. For them and most Indians, a stronger, richer India is most desirable thing in the future and to make it happen, the most important thing for India is to develop economy in a healthy way and improve relationship with her neighbors. Any attempted war will jeopardize such dream

Like you and someone else said, India may pretend to be friend of China and strike her when China is weak. Not to mention how dirty such mind is, I can't help laughing on this. You think everyone is fool? How long would you like to wait for such weakness of China? How weak China needs to be so you can attack her without paying a decent price? For sure China needs to be weaker than 1962 (no offense to others). You are still live in your fantasy and can't face reality. In fact I would suggest you go fight Chinese when time is right rather than sacrifice other fellow Indian's life because their best time is yet to come.

Like I said before and many people agree. We need peacefully resolve border issues because it's the only way, no other way around. It may take long time but will be settled eventually (However, so called long time will be consider short if we go to war again). At time when dust settles, you probably can't recognize then India compare to today.

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
2) Pakistan: Even the US has been supporting Pak for her strategic importance (though up and down) as her top patron. IMO it may be a blunder in geopolitics if China gives up 'all-weather' Pak. in exchange for more uncertainty. As for those talks about Balkanising Pak., or Pak as a host for terrorism, IMO are nothing but around the bush.
I can suggest two things about above post:

1) You seriously need to revisit history and update your knowledge about pakistan. pakistan has been divided not once but twice in the past. There is not a single province in pakistan, where there is no armed rebellion of the Scale of a Civil War.

2) On your assertion that pakistan being not a host of terrorism, is just laughable, as we all know who was a pawn for Jihad in Afghanistan for the US, and after the Afghan war eneded who used Jihadis as strategic asset is no secret; its pakistan who has been sending terrorists over to India, even pakistani govt. as admitted this fact time and again, its no secret natorious pakistani ISI uses them as "strategic assets against its rivals". pakistani hand prints are found in almost all global terror trails which they can't deny. Due to its terror infrastructure of gigantic proportions, beggar pakistan today is engulfed in a 3 way Civil War, even pakistanis now days don't deny pakistan being "epitome of terrorism", how can you?

I hope you remember CCP's recent warning to pakistan, against some elements in pakistan (probably ISI) supporting armed rebels of East Turkestan Islamic Movement.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Like you and someone else said, India may pretend to be friend of China and strike her when China is weak. I can't help laughing on this, not to mention how dirty such mind is.
It's common sense. You strike your enemy when it is weak. For the 'dirty mind', you talk about, we learnt all these dirty tricks from none other than PRC, who captured our territories in 1962 taking complete advantage of our military weakness. Don't so naïve bud. Get off that high horse!

kickok1975

It's common sense. You strike your enemy when it is weak. For the 'dirty mind', you talk about, we learnt all these dirty tricks from none other than PRC, who captured our territories in 1962 taking complete advantage of our military weakness. Don't so naïve bud. Get off that high horse!
Friend, India was not "weak" that time; she has good relationship with two formidable superpowers in the world and both eagerly want to court India into their camp. Your then government was just implementing "Forward Policy" out of confidence of India's military and economy. "Driving Chinese out" is one of famous slogan of such policy and how can China consider it friendly.

China, however, was very weak. We just lost millions of life (my grandpa included) due to Maozodong's devastating policy. Our economy was in depression and our people were living in starvation. Our relationship with Soviet Union is a free fall and USA officially treats China an enemy. The beloved Dalai Lama just escaped to India, from where he is building special force and working closely with CIA to return to Tibet. Tibet is in Chaos.

How weak China and how strong India need to be to realize your dream, buddy?

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Friend, India was not "weak" that time; she has good relationship with two formidable superpowers in the world and both want to

China, however, was very weak. We just lost millions of life (my grandpa included) due to Maozodong's devastating policy. Our economy is in depression and our people were living in starvation. Our relationship with Soviet Union is a free fall and USA officially considers China an enemy. The beloved Dalai Lama just escaped to India, building special force and working closely with CIA to return to Tibet.

How weak China and how strong India need to be to realize your dream, buddy?
During 62 China was Indeed Militarily powerful and much better than IA in many aspects..
Equipment, locations, forward posts were far superior, better than IA, its true we were going good in civilian sectors, but making NO good in military sectors coz of ridicules step of Gov towards military that time, Which resulted in our defeat..

Btw, During those days PLA troops were armed with SKS/AK-47 where IA men are in 303 bolt action..
Rest is clear as crystal..

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
1) There is not a single province in pakistan, where there is no armed rebellion of the Scale of a Civil War.
How about Pakjab? Aren't Pakistani Punjabis pretty much the only nationalistic Pakistanis left, considering they control something like 90% of the government and military?

Anyway, in regards to military actions, I believe the best way for India to engage China is to capture Gilgit-Balitistan from Pakistan, while at the same time encouraging another balkanisation of Pakistan. If India controls GB, the Karakorum Highway (KKH) will run through Indian territory, effectively causing China to lose direct access to the Arabian Sea. This move will either cause one of two things to happen: 1) A Chinese attack on India, or 2) the Chinese abandon Pakistan as an ally and look towards improving relations with India.

In order for us to achieve Result #2, we need to already be in the process of engaging China through the four points that I posted earlier, and we need to have sufficient military strength to not only defeat Pakistan quickly but to deter China and prevent a two-front war.

Only stupid countries like Pakistan attack stronger countries. We are not stupid enough to launch military adventures against China for the sake of gaining a few rocks. We should use our military in situations where they can achieve victory, rather than try and adapt them to situations where they will likely face defeat.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Ok I want to ask Chinese members about their opinion about Pakistan (because at the end of the day Indians will continue to view China thorugh Pakistan)

What I'm understanding is their line of thinking goes like: "India big country with colonial ambitions" "Pakistan, good friend small country that must be defended" and of course this statement "Pakistan is a victim of terrorism !!!!!!"

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
How about Pakjab? Aren't Pakistani Punjabis pretty much the only nationalistic Pakistanis left, considering they control something like 90% of the government and military?
Every thing else is clear, however above comment isn't, nonetheless, I would like to inform you about Gazi Force, Lashkar-e-Jhangave et al. They are pure Punjabi terror groups against their own pakjabi ruling class, wrenching havoc in Punjab, they are sometimes called Seraki Taliban or South Punjabi Taliban. You would be Naive to ignore a group who has killed maximum number of Punjabis and against whom war like operations are being conducted!! They are not fighting for govt jobs or positions in military, but for an over all "Theocratic Islamic State" against the so called Pakjabi ruling elites you have mentioned in alliance with Tahreek-i-Taliban.

Civil War Reached Pakjab the day pakistan supported US operations and Pakjabis have payed the price too dearly, are still paying and will keep on paying.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles