China among top five arms exporters, India top buyer

Heat

Country flag
You have it wrong.

The main reason for such nationalistic posts is the fact that the moderation on this forum is really lax.

Go on SDF for example and break forum rules and one of the moderators will suspend you or delete posts within the hour, regardless of your country of origin.

Just look through this thread and tell me that not 1 forum rule has been broken. Off-topic rants about Pakistan and talk of "dead-commies" galore.
Thats why I am telling you that this thread has gone south and that too with proper reasons. Both sides engaged in mudflinging. So I think we should stop here.

cw2005

Africans always look up to India and China for inspiration on doing things because these two countries are the most admirable ones in the eyes of African. Our daily life is full of India and China. The tricycle taxi in Lagos we take to go home is from India. The small generator we use for house is from China. The mobile phone and 3G network is done by Hauwai but the fibre optic laying work is done by an Indian company that obtain the job as subcontractor from Hauwai. In the real world, India and China are cooperating to take away jobs previously dominated by the West and by doing so provide affordable solution to African.

With such understanding, I come here. I must admit I was totally taken by surprise.

I dare say that China receive more respect from African than India. We respect them because this is the country that dares to fight the giant. When America stop helping in the Super 7 project, China develop it on its own and successfully sell it to other nations including Nigeria. They also based on the experience to build itself the J10s, the J20, the L10s, the Y20s, etc. This is the country that admits its deficiency and determines to learn and to catch up by employing whatever option suit her. Once a target is fixed, billion + people would all go at the same direction. This is the huge force that even USA must recognise and could not do anything other than accept it. Two months ago, I tried on the rail built by China linking Abuja (The Capital) to Kaduna. It was beautifully built and affordable to ride. It cost me about U$1 for a trip for 200km route.

Yes, I must say, India can only catch up with anyone by giving up this I-am-the-best mentality.

Heat

Country flag
India and China are adversereries for various reasons. Chinese export weapons to pakistan and pakistan will use these weapons against India in future. This is the reason why we Indian members here wont appreciate increased Chinese weapon exports. And yes we are optimistic and think we can become the best but we certainly dont think we are the best and thats why we are working hard on it. Meanwhile thanks for the compliment on Indian companies.

armyofhind

Country flag
I dare say that China receive more respect from African than India.
Acceptable. Who you respect is up to you.

Before respecting though, read back into history of the 70's through the 80's and 90's when the chinese intelligence agencies have played merry hell with various African nations and their resources in order to secure precious metals and petroleum supplies.
Leaders of several nations were bribed, cajoled, coerced and if all failed, murdered.

I dont think you are even aware of all this else you wouldnt be having such a tail-wagging attitude towards the chinese.
If you want to thank anyone, thank the Israelis. Who kept the chinese in check and embroiled them in a turf war indirectly saving nations like yours.
Once a target is fixed, billion + people would all go at the same direction.
What do you expect? Its a communist country. You talk as if the people have a choice when they dont even get to elect their own government.

Yes, I must say, India can only catch up with anyone by giving up this I-am-the-best mentality.
Dont worry about India. Work towards the progress of your own country. Give all you can to it.
We can take care of ourselves and are steadily progressing.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@cw2005 @SexyChineseLady @J20!
Completely agreed to you guys over lack of moderation but trust me, specially Chinese Lady, Chinese members too aren't angel either. There's a hardcore IndoPhobic forum here.
http://zzwave.com/plaboard/
Plus, I think @J20! has spent a lot of time on PDF (Pakistan Defence).
I agree that in past, Chinese members used to ignore India but recent political and strategic developments and major shifts in policies didn't only change the geopolitical scenario but the sentiments among common people and so scenario on PDF as well. Till some confrontations, it was okay but Chinese members (I'm not talking of all but "some new Chinese members") like Han Patriot, eldarlmari are complete troll feasts. Argue with them hundred times, but a single reply:

Everything made in India is a paintjob and they don't have "capability"
I will give references about Industrial & scientific "capabilities", the entire page is filled racist memes and personal calling me a dark, dotted head, poor Indian.
Things get worse, when members specially make IDs to troll India like
@endyshainin (corruption of word "India Shining") and repeatedly distorted name as indian, indiot etc., meanwhile I never used any single racist slur against China there.

You can't argue, Chinese members like @eldarlnari @long_ are jumping and detailing the topic of every thread to.the dark colour of Indians.:facepalm:
So, sometimes used put my frustration out here but stopped because I became a good boy.

I have no intention to offend anyone, nor I'm trying to justify trolling on this thread but please, don't put entire blame on my friends, how will it feel?

They can't take on dozens Chinese members on Chinese or Pakistani (Pakistanis ban all Sinophobic members) forums.
For my personal experience, I have been on a British defense forum an year ago and experience was worse than Pakistani, Chinese forums (worse than you guys say on DFI), so I may be humble on Chinese section but I put this all frustration there in Europe section. Ever check out my posts.

India22

Commendable, yes. But a first flight is not a system that is combat ready, something of an oxy-moron in that hindustan times article.

I asked if India's military industrial complex is capable of exporting a functional surveillance and combat drone and you post a prototype on its maiden flight which hasn't been accepted by any of the three arms of the Indian armed forces let alone being ready for export.

Yes you made a drone fly without "copying". Congrats. If that was meant to be an insult, Chinese universities have been flying hundreds of drone prototypes over the past decade. These have either already been exported, accepted into PLA service or are available for export:

Export Designation: Cloud Shadow

CH-4 sold to Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Uzbekistan and Egypt

A test in June used a CH-4 to destroy a target at 1000km+ using a satellite link and Beidou guidance:

http://www.popsci.com/chinese-drones-make-key-breakthrough-firing-on-command-by-satellite

Newest member of the Rain bow series UAV's the CH-5 featuring a much greater range and more than double the payload on the CH4A/B
Did not I say difference was in philosophy not in capability?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-army-to-take-a-look/articleshow/22017990.cms

Indian armed forces are not really like china with systematic thinking. That's what is lagging India behind. Otherwise Indian manufacturers are fairly competent to make India self-sufficient.

SexyChineseLady

@cw2005 @SexyChineseLady @J20!
Completely agreed to you guys over lack of moderation but trust me, specially Chinese Lady, Chinese members too aren't angel either. There's a hardcore IndoPhobic forum here.
http://zzwave.com/plaboard/
Plus, I think @J20! has spent a lot of time on PDF (Pakistan Defence).
I agree that in past, Chinese members used to ignore India but recent political and strategic developments and major shifts in policies didn't only change the geopolitical scenario but the sentiments among common people and so scenario on PDF as well. Till some confrontations, it was okay but Chinese members (I'm not talking of all but "some new Chinese members") like Han Patriot, eldarlmari are complete troll feasts. Argue with them hundred times, but a single reply:
Everything made in India is a paintjob and they don't have "capability"
Oh geez! The PLA Board is a single chat board with all kinds of goofy posters and no I don't see a lot of anti-Indian stuff except a few posters.

It is a fun board and not a forum and it doesn't masquerade as a serious place. They used to post lots of girlie pictures there (bikini ones of myself included, thank you!)

And why bring up PDF? Why do Indians make this connection all the time? If you are having a hard time at a Pakistani site why not argue with a Pakistani instead of a Chinese?

BTW, if DFI removed the Chinese section, we will be happy to leave. But I know you won't because you like comparing youself with us.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Oh geez! The PLA Board is a single chat board with all kinds of goofy posters and no I don't see a lot of anti-Indian stuff except a few posters.

It is a fun board and not a forum and it doesn't masquerade as a serious place. They used to post lots of girlie pictures there (bikini ones of myself included, thank you!)

And why bring up PDF? Why do Indians make this connection all the time? If you are having a hard time at a Pakistani site why not argue with a Pakistani instead of a Chinese?
We argue with Pakistanis for their issue and Chinese for their issue. It's for both sorts of troll which you can't can shoo away.
BTW, if DFI removed the Chinese section, we will be happy to leave. But I know you won't because you like comparing youself with us.
Every country wants to be inspiration of others. Today, one leads, other want to be like them, at many levels, like US vs China, China vs India, India vs Iran (usually on Iranian forums) and you have even seen an African member.
When our turn will come, more people will like to compare with us simply.

vinuzap

http://www.worldtribune.com/report-obama-moving-entire-f-16-production-line-to-india/

The Obama administration is moving to have the F-16 produced “exclusively” in India.

While the F-16 has been produced in other countries through joint ventures before, President Barack Obama’s move could mark the first time that an entire assembly line has been moved abroad.

F-16 Fighting Falcon
The U.S. is phasing out the F-16 for its own use and embracing newer programs like the F-35.

Obama gave the defense industry the go-ahead on plans to build the classic American fighter jets in India. Both Lockheed Martin and Boeing have been in talks with the Indian government to build the F-16 Fighting Falcon and the F/A-18 Super Hornet for the Indian Air Force in India, according to the Washington Post.

The companies intend to move their production facilities to India. Lockheed may relocate its entire F-16 assembly line, moving manufacturing from Fort Worth, Texas to India.

Lockheed insists the deal with India will not result in a loss of U.S. jobs.

“It doesn’t take jobs away from the U.S., it extends existing jobs, and not just for Fort Worth but for many other companies around the U.S. that build parts for the F-16,” Randy Howard, the director of business development for Lockheed’s integrated fighter group, told the Washington Post.

President-elect Donald Trump tweeted on Dec. 4: “The U.S. is going to substantially reduce taxes and regulations on businesses, but any business that leaves our country for another country, fires its employees, builds a new factory or plant in the other country, and then thinks it will sell its product back into the U.S. without retribution or consequence, is WRONG!”

In addition to manufacturing and exporting the F-16, India will also be involved in supporting thousands of fighter jets operating worldwide.

Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter will head to India this week, where the deal will likely be discussed further.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
With such understanding, I come here. I must admit I was totally taken by surprise.
Surprised at what? Anti Nigerian attitude? Most Indians do not have any ill will towards Nigeria and our countries share good relations on the international arena.

Anti Chinese attitude? A lot of us have frequented a certain Pakistani forum and have seen the blatant racist attitude of Chinese members there. The mods don't let any Indian reply back in kind by banning and deleting posts while Chinese members are free to post really screwed up racist shit without any check.. So we take it out (albeit unjustifiably) on the Chinese members on this forum.

We do not have an "I am the best attitude" in general. If one or two members have made posts like that, it doesn't mean that we all share that attitude. Most Indians recognize how much catching up we have to do. However, the Chinese members here like get offended at the slightest criticism of their nation's products and claim that Indians have no right to criticize because our own country doesn't have the same capacity as them. This is such a retarded fifth grade argument that they deserve to be trolled in return.

airtel

Country flag
Africans always look up to India and China for inspiration on doing things because these two countries are the most admirable ones in the eyes of African. Our daily life is full of India and China. The tricycle taxi in Lagos we take to go home is from India. The small generator we use for house is from China. The mobile phone and 3G network is done by Hauwai but the fibre optic laying work is done by an Indian company that obtain the job as subcontractor from Hauwai. In the real world, India and China are cooperating to take away jobs previously dominated by the West and by doing so provide affordable solution to African.

I dare say that China receive more respect from African than India. We respect them because this is the country that dares to fight the giant. When America stop helping in the Super 7 project, China develop it on its own and successfully sell it to other nations including Nigeria. They also based on the experience to build itself the J10s, the J20, the L10s, the Y20s, etc. This is the country that admits its deficiency and determines to learn and to catch up by employing whatever option suit her. Once a target is fixed, billion + people would all go at the same direction. This is the huge force that even USA must recognise and could not do anything other than accept it. Two months ago, I tried on the rail built by China linking Abuja (The Capital) to Kaduna. It was beautifully built and affordable to ride. It cost me about U$1 for a trip for 200km route.

we have some Issues with China like >> Chinese help to Pakistan ..........& Chinese Interference in India's Internal Issues , strings of pearls

Also competition with China is Good for India ......................we get Investments & technologies from Japan , Korea & western countries .

I dont hate Chinese people but their Govt. Policies are Against My country .

Business & National Interests are different Issues ...........................there are many Chinese companies in India (Huawei , xiaomi ,zen etc ) .......and many Indian companies in China like ( SsangYong , jaguar land-rover etc ) ..............there are Billions of Chinese investment in India .

dont Mix business & National Interests .

Also , I am happy if China & India is doing something Good for Your country , but our personal Issues are different .

airtel

Country flag
so they attack with racist stereotypes that white people use, thinking that would help overcome their feeling of inferiority.

Yes there is Poverty in India ........................why because we had to fight Multiple wars with china & pakistaan & western countries (1947 , 1962, 1965 ,1967 ,1984 ,1987 ,1999 & cold war ) .

during 1980s & 1990s when china was getting Western technologies & Investments , then India was Fighting a cold war with western countries ...............this is the reason china is more wealthy as compare to India .

I dont hate Chinese people , we hate Policies of Your Government .

Your race is not at all Important for us ................Indians in North-east have similar looks ............. Japanese , Vietnamese , Koreans also have similar looks ...............we have Good relationship with them .

these attacks are on Your govt. Policies not on Your race .

Last edited:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Yes there is Poverty in India ........................why because we had to fight Multiple wars with china & pakistaan & western countries (1947 , 1962, 1965 ,1967 ,1984 ,1987 ,1999 & cold war ) .

during 1980s & 1990s when china was getting Western technologies & Investments , then India was Fighting a cold war with western countries ...............this is the reason china is more wealthy as compare to India .

Brother/sister I dont hate Chinese people , we hate Your Policies of Your Government .

Your race is not at all Important for us ................Indians in North-east have similar looks ............. Japanese , Vietnamese , Koreans also have similar looks ...............we have Good relationship with them .

these attacks are on Your govt. Policies not on Your race .

Aww don't you go liberal on me buddy. Screw these pansy gooks, they are not our friends and are here to troll us and try to make us look inferior. They are also doing what the muzzies do, they act as the aggressor when they have the advantage and where they lack the numbers and get their own medicine back, they play the victim card.

airtel

Country flag
Aww don't you go liberal on me buddy. Screw these pansy gooks, they are not our friends and are here to troll us and try to make us look inferior. They are also doing what the muzzies do, they act as the aggressor when they have the advantage and where they lack the numbers and get their own medicine back, they play the victim card.

still I will not attack their race , I like Chinese Girls & Chinese Food :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

View more pJBhotos.jpg

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag

still I will not attack their race , I like Chinese Girls & Chinese Food :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

View attachment 12251

Oh I like them in real life, its the 50 centers that frequent all internet forums that piss me off. BTW in terms of girls Japanese > Korean > Vietnamese > Chinese Just wish they'd shave all that pubic hair :laugh:

airtel

Country flag
Africans always look up to India and China for inspiration on doing things because these two countries are the most admirable ones in the eyes of African.

Indians look up to Israel , Japan , south Korea etc or inspiration on doing things >>> just check the Likes & comments of this page >>

https://mobile.facebook.com/IsraelinIndia

Israel is not as big economy as China but they live with dignity ...........

Yes, I must say Africans can only catch up with anyone by giving up their Inferiority complex .

Last edited:

airtel

Country flag

It is a fun board and not a forum and it doesn't masquerade as a serious place.

I was unaware of this site , this was the First impression >> :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Uccntitled.jpg

Global Defence

New threads

Articles