China among top five arms exporters, India top buyer

J20!

Country flag
The difference is that we never beg US to upgrade that for us in return of fighting their proxy wars and renting our territory to US forces. We purchased with our own money.

Educate yourself about CENTO
Sure bud. I'm sure there's a huuuuuuuuuge difference. I mean, they get on their knees and beg and you "request politely" to buy it.

J20!

Country flag
I'm sure a 50 center like yourself can appreciate the difference between buying and begging.
Is "50 center" supposed to hurt my feelings? I expect posters like you to randomly use such terms when they have no factual argument to put forward.

And pray tell, how exactly do nation states "beg"? On their knees? Because both the PN and IN bought "second hand" vessels from Britain at vastly discounted prices. How is 1 "begging" and the other "buying" if they both used currency to procure said vessels?

Your hatred diminishes your logic at times.

Last edited:

armyofhind

Country flag
Is "50 center" supposed to hurt my feelings? I expect posters like you to randomly use such terms when they have no factual argument to put forward.

And pray tell, how exactly do nation states "beg"? On their knees? Because both the PN and IN bought "second hand" vessels from Britain at vastly discounted prices. How is 1 "begging" and the other "buying" if they both used currency to procure said vessels?

Your hatred diminishes your logic at times.
are you thinking while you read or write or have you sold your brains off at the dollar store?

Nations beg by offering something other than currency for services. Like Pakistan did by offering its territory to the US to setup logistics bases.
Yes both PN and IN bought second hand vessels from the British.

India paid for the refit and refurbishment of these by our own money while Pakistan went "begging" to the US.
Like another person said, you need to educate yourself about the CENTO treaty.

Pakistan still begs to other countries like yours and the US to receive weapons in aid while giving you a piece of PoK while we buy or build our own warships now including stealth warships and an EMALS equipped aircraft carrier on the way. While the Pakistani Navy has all but ceased to exist and needs to suckle up to the chinese to station its warships in Gwadar.
But all this will probably not get through your thick skull because you have to tow the party line.
Your obedience to the party diminishes or rather eliminates your capacity to think and comprehend some(read all) times.

Last edited:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Anti-Indian trolls? I think you have that in reverse. Indian hate for Chinese people is only surpassed by their hate for Pakistanis. Because I am Chinese, I'm automatically a "Chi-bot", or a "50 center". I've been on this forum for a long time, you get used to these things.

Again with the biases, profiling and stereotyping. I am an individual. Because I'm Chinese does not imply that I have a natural "friendship" with Pakistanis. My ethnicity doesn't dictate my feelings towards certain countries or peoples. Try getting that through your skull..

I said Pakistan is an export destination for many Chinese defense systems. That is a fact. Pakistan is a customer like any other customer. Fact. Pakistan buys defense equipment from many other established defense exporting countries. France, USA, Russia, Germany, Sweden etc. That is a fact
So what? We shouldn't count weapons exports to Pakistan because Indians hate them? Get over yourselves.
Don't want to be stereotyped? Then don't conform to the stereotype. Until then, deal with it 50 center or cry me a goddamn river.

India22

Well, Iraq and Iran which have been using said "knockoff Chinese crap" don't seem to mind using said tech effectively in ACTUAL warfare:
Hehe http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...iden-flight/story-361cJFPkScqz6XIf2hzsON.html

We did it without copying. We are building our ships without copying, we can build our SPGs if Army was enthusiastic about them. Chinese have a tendency to be self-sufficient. Our forces are rather happy with buying. Difference is in philosophy not in ability.

J20!

Country flag
Don't want to be stereotyped? Then don't conform to the stereotype. Until then, deal with it 50 center or cry me a goddamn river.
Like I said, call me a 50 center all you like, its water off a ducks back.

And it doesn't make up for the fact that you are all trolling a thread on Chinese weapons exports because you can't address the subject matter at hand and would rather discuss Pakistan "begging".

Grow up gents.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Like I said, call me a 50 center all you like, its water off a ducks back.

And it doesn't make up for the fact that you are all trolling a thread on Chinese weapons exports because you can't address the subject matter at hand and would rather discuss Pakistan "begging".

Grow up gents.
If you want a thread where people will worship your feet and proclaim you their masters, PDF forums are just a click away. We're an enemy country, expect us to be ruthless in showing you your place. :biggrin2:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
If you want a thread where people will worship your feet and proclaim you their masters, PDF forums are just a click away. We're an enemy country, expect us to be ruthless in showing you your place. :biggrin2:
And add to that these are commies

and a dead commie=good commie(just saying)

J20!

Country flag
Hehe http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...iden-flight/story-361cJFPkScqz6XIf2hzsON.html

We did it without copying. We are building our ships without copying, we can build our SPGs if Army was enthusiastic about them. Chinese have a tendency to be self-sufficient. Our forces are rather happy with buying. Difference is in philosophy not in ability.
Commendable, yes. But a first flight is not a system that is combat ready, something of an oxy-moron in that hindustan times article.

I asked if India's military industrial complex is capable of exporting a functional surveillance and combat drone and you post a prototype on its maiden flight which hasn't been accepted by any of the three arms of the Indian armed forces let alone being ready for export.

Yes you made a drone fly without "copying". Congrats. If that was meant to be an insult, Chinese universities have been flying hundreds of drone prototypes over the past decade. These have either already been exported, accepted into PLA service or are available for export:

Export Designation: Cloud Shadow

CH-4 sold to Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Uzbekistan and Egypt

A test in June used a CH-4 to destroy a target at 1000km+ using a satellite link and Beidou guidance:

http://www.popsci.com/chinese-drones-make-key-breakthrough-firing-on-command-by-satellite

Newest member of the Rain bow series UAV's the CH-5 featuring a much greater range and more than double the payload on the CH4A/B

What I expect is a serious defense forum where actual defense related issues can be discussed without petty nationalistic, hypocritical jibes.

How does "enemy country" come into perspective on a serious defense forum? I never see such on keypublishing or even on amateur forums like matrixgames.

Show me my place? If China has a far superior military industrial complex, then your "place" is probably somewhere in the gutter then. I don't understand how Indians with one of the most under-developed defense industries try to belittle an industry 10 times larger and more sophisticated than their own.

Less ignorant people go on forums to share information and learn, y'all come onto this sub-forum to throw dung like monkeys because China is an "enemy country"?

Again, grow up gents, this forum would be better for it.

SexyChineseLady

don't understand how Indians with one of the most under-developed defense industries try to belittle an industry 10 times larger and more sophisticated
Understandable when you see how Indians with the largest population of desperately poor people can call Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Thailand poor because they bought Chinese weapons.

It is projected arrogance to cover up the shame of being poor and underdeveloped. Combined with a heavy dose of sour grapes.

Seriously, what are Indians thinking when millions of Indians serve as manual labor in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the rest of the Gulf states? Why would Indians subject themselves to such humiliation in those supposedly failed states?

Sorry, China exports weapons to nations far, far wealthier and developed than India and China sells them to countries who have access to the US arsenal.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Understandable when you see how Indians with the largest population of desperately poor people can call Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Thailand poor because they bought Chinese weapons.

It is projected arrogance to cover up the shame of being poor and underdeveloped. Combined with a heavy dose of sour grapes.

Seriously, what are Indians thinking when millions of Indians serve as manual labor in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the rest of the Gulf states? Why would Indians subject themselves to such humiliation in those supposedly failed states?

Sorry, China exports weapons to nations far, far wealthier and developed than India and China sells them to countries who have access to the US arsenal.
Not exactly, in last 2 years, India's weapon exports are up by 6 times (India needs to further multiply by 2 to 4 times to break into top 10 exporters, India itself has a target for $2 billions) to countries even far more developed than India or China.

I can't list up.everything, so I'm getting an extract which I knew in 2014-15
Sl. No. - Country - Items exported - 2014-15

1. Afghanistan - Cheetal Helicopters, Stallion 4X4 MK IV with cargo body

2. Ecuador - Dhruv Helicopters spares and services.

3. Germany - Mechanical parts, Fuze Point detonating M 572 (assembled with no explosives), light mechanical engineering

4. Indonesia - Spares for TRS 2215 Radar

5. Israel - Work packages, Compass, LRF, TIFCS, TIFCS Cable set, TIFCS Installation Kit

6. Italy - Kavach Mod II

7. Malaysia - SU-30 Avionics, Helicopter and MIG spares & services

8. Mauritius - Dhruv/ Dornier & Helicopter Spares & services, Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV), Ammunitions

9. Myanmar - RAWL-02 MK-III, Sonar HMS-X

10. Namibia - CH/CK Helicopter, spares and rotables

11. Nepal - ALH Helicopter and CH/CK spares and rotables, ammunition, accessories for ammunition, Bulletproof Vest and Fragmentation Jacket, 5.56 mm steel core (28.79,378 pieces).

12. Oman - Jaguar spares and services, training on engine shaft alignment

13. Russia - MIG/SU-30 spares and services, RWR, TP for PCB’s testing

14. Singapore - Multipurpose support vessel

15. Sri Lanka - Indra MK-II Spares, Lion Battery charger, Secure VHF Handheld Radio LVP 285 & services

16. Suriname - CH/CK Helicopter, spares and services

17. Switzerland - Cable Looms

18. Turkey - Bullet Proof Vest + Plates, Helmet, Bullet proof ceramic panel.

19. UAE - Vacuum Interrupter

20. UK - Work packages/ forgings, Transmitting tubes

21. USA - Work packages/ forgings, Electronic assemblies, Flight Control panel, Mechanical parts, Vacuum Interrupter

22. Republic of Korea - Turbocharger

I have no intention to mock you guys, but the basic way of calling countries like KSA "poor" is actually the point of having overall economy and not per capita income.

Qatar is world's richest country but it still can't afford what US can with 2-3 times lesser per capita income.

As far as failed state status is concerned, it's based on instability in countries.
This thread is not related otherwise I can write what India did in last 25 years to even reach what it is today. Otherwise, India used to lag behind sub Sahran countries too few decades ago. We caught up and overtook, it's the success, we will become an upper middle income in next two decades, that will also be success and when in third/fourth quarter if century, we will be what we wanna be, it will be a success.

cw2005

I come here to acquire information on defence news in the developing world. I am happy when I know India is doing well and I am also happy when China produces something good. But the general feeling in this forum is anti-China. Anything that is produced in China must be COPIES, JUNK, NOT FUNCTIONING. Any country that buys from China will become a failed State. Anything produced in India is created without help, without inspiration from any existing similar product and to be one of the BEST IN THE WORLD. When undeniable evidence shows the other way, people would say India will catch up and bypass China quickly. When there is no evidence that India could catch up, they will blame it on the British that had drained too much from India in the old days. I have read this type of argument over and over in many forums. So, for those ones wanting to stay in this forum as member, do not argue, prepare yourself for such sentiment and be happy with it.

J20!

Country flag
I come here to acquire information on defence news in the developing world. I am happy when I know India is doing well and I am also happy when China produces something good. But the general feeling in this forum is anti-China. Anything that is produced in China must be COPIES, JUNK, NOT FUNCTIONING. Any country that buys from China will become a failed State. Anything produced in India is created without help, without inspiration from any existing similar product and to be one of the BEST IN THE WORLD. When undeniable evidence shows the other way, people would say India will catch up and bypass China quickly. When there is no evidence that India could catch up, they will blame it on the British that had drained too much from India in the old days. I have read this type of argument over and over in many forums. So, for those ones wanting to stay in this forum as member, do not argue, prepare yourself for such sentiment and be happy with it.
For 5 years I've been arguing against that nationalistic group think and have been called all sorts of names for pointing out basic logic; but I'd rather be called stupid names than pretend illogical nonsense is fact.

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
For 5 years I've been arguing against that nationalistic group think and have been called all sorts of names for pointing out basic logic; but I'd rather be called stupid names than pretend illogical nonsense is fact.
Chinese don't mind pretending illogical nonsense as fact on pakistani forums.

AbRaj

Country flag

Excuse me but for your kind information the cheapest (you may call it most economical) prostitutes in UAE are Chinese.
No offense to any Chinese. Life is a bitch you know.

J20!

Country flag
Chinese don't mind pretending illogical nonsense as fact on pakistani forums.
Again, I'm an individual. I've never posted on any Pakistani forum. EVER. Why should I answer for other people's action/inactions because I'm of the same ethnic group?

People here assume all kinds of things based on member's ethnicity.

SexyChineseLady

You would be much better off in the Chinese forums. There are lots of foreigners there and hardly any of these racist attacks you see in the Indian forums. The Indian threads at CDF and SDF are pretty much left alone with Indians posting whatever they want without insults from the Chinese members. It is a different confidence level.

Indians at the Indian forums are not confident in their ability to overcome the overwhelming image of India being poverty stricken and half-naked (Gandhi, slums, Mother Theresa, etc.) so they attack with racist stereotypes that white people use, thinking that would help overcome their feeling of inferiority.

I am only here because of the Chinese section. I hope DFI removes it because it is not about China or Chinese weapons since they attack any Chinese who posts here. China related threads in Indian forums are about the Indian inferiority complex concerning China.

Heat

Country flag
You would be much better off in the Chinese forums. There are lots of foreigners there and hardly any of these racist attacks you see in the Indian forums. The Indian threads at CDF and SDF are pretty much left alone with Indians posting whatever they want without insults from the Chinese members. It is a different confidence level.
Well you have got everything wrong here. The prime reason for the kind of treatment Chinese get from Indians is due China's pro pakistan stance and not due to some kind of lack of self confidence. You align with our enemy, then you are our enemy. You dump them tomorrow then we are good. Anyway the handful of Chinese members we have got on DFI are much more sensible than there pdf counterparts. This thread has already turned poisonous so I dont think there is much to discuss now.

J20!

Country flag
Well you have got everything wrong here. The prime reason for the kind of treatment Chinese get from Indians is due China's pro pakistan stance and not due to some kind of lack of self confidence. You align with our enemy, then you are our enemy. You dump them tomorrow then we are good. Anyway the handful of Chinese members we have got on DFI are much more sensible than there pdf counterparts. This thread has already turned poisonous so I dont think there is much to discuss now.
You have it wrong.

The main reason for such nationalistic posts is the fact that the moderation on this forum is really lax.

Go on SDF for example and break forum rules and one of the moderators will suspend you or delete posts within the hour, regardless of your country of origin.

Just look through this thread and tell me that not 1 forum rule has been broken. Off-topic rants about Pakistan and talk of "dead-commies" galore.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles