Child Labor by country: Pakistan in top 10; China, India in Extreme zone too

Blackwater

The only difference is, while we are improving they are further sliding down the wrong path

P.S.: Suicide bombers count as child labour?
I agree in toilets,poor people,child Labour,we are improving but pak is next to Somalia now even Somalia sometimes try to improve:taunt1::taunt1:

Last edited by a moderator:

amitkriit

Let us not discuss Pakistan, Pakistan is a laughing stock, let us discuss India, China, seems like we aren't doing well.

Nagraj

PHP:
Maplecroft highlights the supply chains of companies as being  particularly exposed to the risk of child labour in some of the largest  growth      economies, including the Philippines (25), India (27), China (36),  Viet Nam (37) Indonesia (46) and Brazil (54), all of which are  classified as      'extreme risk.'
Phew we are not amongst top 25 risk prone nation.

no smoking

Country flag
we know china is developing, but you should also develop child labour laws....
The law is there already, the probem is poverty: those children have to work for their survival because their parents are facing the same problem.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
PHP:
Maplecroft highlights the supply chains of companies as being  particularly exposed to the risk of child labour in some of the largest  growth      economies, including the Philippines (25), India (27), China (36),  Viet Nam (37) Indonesia (46) and Brazil (54), all of which are  classified as      'extreme risk.'
Phew we are not amongst top 25 risk prone nation.
how did u insert php code?

mylegend

Child Labor is indeed a problem, often time people from country side drop out of school after finishing mandatory 9 years education. They decide to work immediately after that. Once a client of our(European Company) were inspecting all our factory for labor and factory condition. We almost lose the client when he ask a young looking girl's age. When she said 17, we know that we are in trouble. However, we do check ID for all our labors. Nevertheless, there is nothing we can do if people present fake ID to obtain a job. After the client hear our explaination, he ask for prove of documentation... So manager of factory have to accompany with the client to documentation room to find the copies of her ID. Well, she indeed shows a fake ID... So we fired the girl after giving her three month of wages and a train ticket to her hometown, we also cancel the bonus of manager who responsible for recruiting... Luckily, we saved the client...

Last edited:

RedDragon

Child Labor is indeed a problem, often time people from country side drop out of school after finishing mandatory 9 years education. They decide to work immediately after that. Once a client of our(European Company) were inspecting all our factory for labor and factory condition. We almost lose the client when he ask a young looking girl's age. When she said 17, we know that we are in trouble. However, we do check ID for all our labors. Nevertheless, there is nothing we can do if people present fake ID to obtain a job. After the client hear our explaination, he ask for prove of documentation... So manager of factory have to accompany with the client to documentation room to find the copies of her ID. Well, she indeed shows a fake ID... So we fired the girl after giving her three month of wages and a train ticket to her hometown, we also cancel the bonus of manager who responsible for recruiting... Luckily, we saved the client...
Poor girl. Perhaps she really needs the salary to help her family.

mylegend

However, sometime it may not be the case. For many people who live in the countryside, they only finish mandatory 9 years education. When you graduate from Middle School, I assume you are about 16 yrs old max... Parent will not allow children to sit around doing nothing... That is why many people choose to work. But for teenagers even younger than that, well, I guess their family really have hardship or their parent are not responsible.

ganesh177

Country flag
27th is not really bad, considering we are second largest population and still developing yet.

no smoking

Country flag
However, sometime it may not be the case. For many people who live in the countryside, they only finish mandatory 9 years education. When you graduate from Middle School, I assume you are about 16 yrs old max... Parent will not allow children to sit around doing nothing... That is why many people choose to work. But for teenagers even younger than that, well, I guess their family really have hardship or their parent are not responsible.
I am just wondering under what age a worker could be counted as a child labor? 18 or 15?

If it is 18, I would say that is not a rational standard as there is no way govt of china could provide career education to cover all the youth who is not good enough or rich enough for high school.

mylegend

I am just wondering under what age a worker could be counted as a child labor? 18 or 15?

If it is 18, I would say that is not a rational standard as there is no way govt of china could provide career education to cover all the youth who is not good enough or rich enough for high school.
According to Chinese law code, any one who under 18 is counted as minor, therefore should not work..,

nimo_cn

Country flag
One decade ago, there were many boys or girls like her in China, who had to work at a young age to support their family. In many cases, they dropped out of school so that her/his sisters or brothers could go to school.

My sister went to work in a textile factory in Zhuhai after she quit school in 2000 when she was just 16.

mylegend

My mistake then, it might be just the European client dislike teenager in a textile factory or she might be 15, that would be awful.

tiranga

Tihar Jail
Banned
Child labour in India is mostly voluntary. In remote areas especially, parents would prefer their children lend them a hand in their work and earn for the family. This also happens in poorer people of semi town areas. I don't know if that should be counted as child labour as they are not forced to do it.. but still they have a right to education and a good life..

no smoking

Country flag
Child labour in India is mostly voluntary. In remote areas especially, parents would prefer their children lend them a hand in their work and earn for the family. This also happens in poorer people of semi town areas. I don't know if that should be counted as child labour as they are not forced to do it.. but still they have a right to education and a good life..
Of course, that is child labor as long as he or she is underage. Otherwise you should call them slavors.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles