Chennai: Most Hated Indian City?

SPIEZ

Country flag
I ----ing hate Chennai, the price rise is just far too much :sad: Lack of commutation improper city planning

pmaitra

@Sebin, feel free to participate in this thread, but please do not solicit traffic to your own website. This is not an advertisement portal.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I have been to Madras now Chennai in Dec-Jan 1994, lived there for 7 days; was representing Punjab for JLN National Science fair for elementary level.

I am a summer guy; really loved the weather, the sky, the food, the Golden beach and coffee that was sold on bicycles. The smell of dosa being sold at Golden beach doesn't get out of my head even after ~ 2 decades. I would love to visit the city again. I must tell that there was no much interaction with people. I found them like I find asians overseas as they would ignore and run away so that you can not talk to them.

Saw J. Jayalalitha from couple of feet away as she inaugurated the Science fair. I went to a market can not remember the name (China town something ??). My teacher was held by gang of shop keepers (won't name the religion) for touching a pen. They made him buy it. There was another market with massive whole sale shops. I remember that market because I had a black grapes juice for the first time there.

Auto drivers were rip off. Buses were crowded like Delhi but people remained indifferent. Few women kept cursing one of our group teacher from J&K as he sat on women's reserved seat. We were never able to understand what they all kept cribbing. Metro trains were good. I remember one guy fell on his bottom as he jumped out of the train because he forgot to alight as the train started rushing for the next station. Saw people getting fined for evading tickets and carrying goods.

There was great sense of security as my science teacher noticed, women walking on/off roads wearing jewelry.

Fun days they were. I regret for not being 'chaluu' or would have hooked few girls, giving clear line. :biggrin2:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles