Chennai: Most Hated Indian City?

trackwhack

I have been to Madras. It's really dirty city..
BS, Chennai is cleaner than Mumbai or Kolkata. Among the metros, only Delhi is better and thats because of the additional funding Delhi receives to keep it propped up being the nations capital.

Blackwater

BS, Chennai is cleaner than Mumbai or Kolkata. Among the metros, only Delhi is better and thats because of the additional funding Delhi receives to keep it propped up being the nations capital.
i have been to madras and Delhi, so i can compare that. I also quote the statement made by Queen who visited madras in mid 90ties also said the same thing..

Last edited:

trackwhack

iIbeen to madras and Delhi so i can compare that. i also quote the statement made by Queen who visited madras in mid 90ties also said the same thing..
Sounds like living abroad has lifted your standards of hygiene to the same level as the queen. By your own account, you dont have enough data points to make such assessments.

Chennai has fewer slums, has half the density of population and better water and sewage control systems than either Bombay or Kolkata. Additionally, personal hygiene standards are also observably higher in Chennai.

pmaitra

I agree.

BTW, New Delhi is very beautiful, old Delhi is as bad as Mumbai or Kolkata.

Most South Indian cities are cleaner than North Indian cities.

Also, motorists are more disciplined in the South Indian cities.

I loved my several visits to Chennai. The only annoying impression that I had in my earlier visits was removed in my last visit. I spoke to an auto-driver in English, and the responded in Hindi.

peacecracker

hot climate,non-hindi speaking people, orthodox culture. I guess that's pretty much Chenai.

shift TN capital to Madhura or Coimbatore

devgupt

Country flag
A so called right wing member of this forum was once accused of finding negative news about a religion and regularly posting that in this forum.

This thread and its creator reminds me of that.

Hate is a wrong word - one can understand it slipping through while talking, but using that in a debate implies strong emotions.
Guess we all are right wing in one way or another

Last edited:

mayfair

Chennai is one of the culturally most vibrant cities in India. Yes, the weather is shite most of the year, but not that bad place to be. Surely, Kolkata must rank worse.

Also, motorists are more disciplined in the South Indian cities.
Clearly you've never travelled around Bangalore. Though to be fair, with the increasing North Indian influx, most of the drivers on the road may be from the North of the country :p

KS

Bye bye DFI
hot climate,non-hindi speaking people, orthodox culture. I guess that's pretty much Chenai.

shift TN capital to Madhura or Coimbatore
I think you meant Madurai....:wat:

Chennai is one of the culturally most vibrant cities in India. Yes, the weather is shite most of the year, but not that bad place to be. Surely, Kolkata must rank worse.
Chennai must rank as the heaven on earth for the classical music lovers..especially during the Margazhi season..

plugwater

Only in Chennai you can see any movie for 120rs in Satyam Cinemas :)

Iamanidiot

A point to clarify Chennai is not for Arrogant insular ----s who think they can they are mafia dons with a kattar

Reactions: KS

Oracle

A point to clarify Chennai is not for Arrogant insular ----s who think they can they are mafia dons with a kattar
Agree JP. But the article has been written on a travel portal, and I doubt people with kattar read that. And the same is the case for the feedback on the other site.

addiction

Some comments from another site discussing the same issue.

The first comment cranked me up. ROFL, the next Talibans.
:pound: :rotflmao:
Personally experienced number of times in TN, they are arrogant and unwelcoming people and have no respect for elders!

addiction

It's my personal view Oracle, others may have different experiences. Coimbatore is probably the exact opposite. Outsiders are treated very well and receive the same respect that a local does.

Correct..Perhaps due to its close proximity to Kerala and it has large number of Mallus"¦who are at least sweet when they talk and their smile too is too sexy (babes are o/s :).)

pmaitra

Any kind of change is uncomfortable.

Every-time you go to a new city, which can be any city, you will have to encounter things that you are not used to. The best thing is to have a positive outlook. If we always look for the bad things, that is the only thing we will see. Go with an open mind, and take the difficulties as a challenge.

Finally, a smile can work wonders. It works everywhere.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Correct..Perhaps due to its close proximity to Kerala and it has large number of Mallus"¦who are at least sweet when they talk and their smile too is too sexy (babes are o/s :).)
Who told you that Coimbatore has a large number of Mallus ? And how do you know the respect is because Kerala is nearby ? Or are you just making up things as you go ?.

FYI the most malluised city in TN is Nagercoil/kanyakumari and they will insert a sickle into your mouth the moment you talk shit.loll

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles