Chennai Metro to go underneath historic Cooum

plugwater

Actually, i think thats the only blunder she did. Metro is messy to begin and work but better on the long run. This political removal of the metro was the omst unreasonable thing she ever did.
What about trying to convert the Library into a hospital ?

Atleast she did not stop Metro phase I. Without her ego she would make a far better CM than now.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
What about trying to convert the Library into a hospital ?

Atleast she did not stop Metro phase I. Without her ego she would make a far better CM than now.
Well said about the boldened part:hail:

Come on mate. Library was a useless piece of shit, introduced only to waste our money, for the useless hogwash superficial jobs the DMK usually does. Atleast the Hospital is a need of the hour.

KS

Bye bye DFI
. Library was a useless piece of shit, introduced only to waste our money, for the useless hogwash superficial jobs the DMK usually does. Atleast the Hospital is a need of the hour.
If DMK had built a hospital she would have converted that into a library saying studying is the need of the hour in chennai...And vice versa ..:lol:

One thing I cannot forgive Jaya for was destroying Uzhavar sandhais for the only reason it was started by Karunanidhi...it was such a wonderful scheme and every farmer I met had only words of praise for that scheme.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
If DMK had built a hospital she would have converted that into a library saying studying is the need of the hour in chennai...And vice versa ..:lol:

One thing I cannot forgive Jaya for was destroying Uzhavar sandhais for the only reason it was started by Karunanidhi...it was such a wonderful scheme and every farmer I met had only words of praise for that scheme.
TN politics is all about egos and vindictive politics. It's been a tend for so long. There was a time when they played musical chairs. One term to DMK and one term to the other. Soon they would undo what the other had done, pile up cases, and even undo good work just to satisfy egos. The same is on even now.

JJ is as venomous as one can get in her revenge politics. I was surprised to see her throw out Sasikala who was like her "saya" at one time.

I think MK made a new building to house a legislature spending over a 1000 crores which JJ is now making a hospital or something. What a waste of money.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

First point. That may be true. She is a egomaniac. But on this issue of library to hospital-i support her as its not a wasted money nor is it unreasonable

Second point, hmm interesting. Because the people i met said that it was a useless scheme which met with very poor success. My Grand fathers(both maternal and paternal) are both farmers for instance and they said it was a waste scheme doing more harm than good. But anyway lets not deviate this topic :)

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
TN politics is all about egos and vindictive politics. It's been a tend for so long. There was a time when they played musical chairs. One term to DMK and one term to the other. Soon they would undo what the other had done, pile up cases, and even undo good work just to satisfy egos. The same is on even now.
Still our state politics is much better than other state politics. And no its musical chairs only when we find it irritating.Fortunately JJ is not repeating her mistakes like the last time. Lets see in 2016

JJ is as venomous as one can get in her revenge politics. I was surprised to see her throw out Sasikala who was like her "saya" at one time.
WTH, Sasi was/is a big crook and what she did was long due. This is why i hate it when people not knowing the TN politics speak about it.

I think MK made a new building to house a legislature spending over a 1000 crores which JJ is now making a hospital or something. What a waste of money.
Sir, really? i mean? That legislature building of his housed only 8 out of the 34 departments of the TN legislature. But people know only the propaganda done by the Sun network :frusty:. Why in the name of god did he shift to the new building when it is not even complete. Thats because as i said, it is a superficial hogwash job :frusty:. The real cost expenditures went above the 50% of the original cost estimate and still it was not completed. Also do you know that the construction work was done with massive irregularities and that several benami companies of the DMK took part in it. I really dont see how the middle class is ok with these looters:tsk:

And for the record, that building is going to be a Medical college so its not a wasted money.:wave:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Second point, hmm interesting. Because the people i met said that it was a useless scheme which met with very poor success. My Grand fathers(both maternal and paternal) are both farmers for instance and they said it was a waste scheme doing more harm than good. But anyway lets not deviate this topic :)
I dont know...but our region people are mostly agriculturists and are ADMK supporters...but even they had words of praise for that scheme and as consumers you can get such fresh veggies at almost half the retail price due to the cutting out of middle men.

Yes...but the as a welcome break, the DMK did not indulge in any vindictive policies against the ADMK in the last term and even Jaya is surprisingly subdued during this term, except the action on Alagiri..which I feel is very deserved.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It can go under the Cooum.

However, when I stayed at the MLAs" Hostel in Chennai next to this river, the smell was too overpowering.

I really don't know why.

The river from the balcony looked nice and lazily meandering!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I dont know...but our region people are mostly agriculturists and are ADMK supporters...but even they had words of praise for that scheme and as consumers you can get such fresh veggies at almost half the retail price due to the cutting out of middle men.
But mate, it also lead to problems when the veggies are not sold. The same reason the manufacturing companies have dealers and retailers before the product reaches the Consumer instead of selling them directly:sad:. Imagine such a situation for the perishable goods like Food items:sad:

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
It can go under the Cooum.

However, when I stayed at the MLAs" Hostel in Chennai next to this river, the smell was too overpowering.

I really don't know why.

The river from the balcony looked nice and lazily meandering
!
Because the entire sewage of the Chennai is let into the Cooum, without any treatment:tsk:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Still our state politics is much better than other state politics. And no its musical chairs only when we find it irritating.Fortunately JJ is not repeating her mistakes like the last time. Lets see in 2016

WTH, Sasi was/is a big crook and what she did was long due. This is why i hate it when people not knowing the TN politics speak about it.

Sir, really? i mean? That legislature building of his housed only 8 out of the 34 departments of the TN legislature. But people know only the propaganda done by the Sun network :frusty:. Why in the name of god did he shift to the new building when it is not even complete. Thats because as i said, it is a superficial hogwash job :frusty:. The real cost expenditures went above the 50% of the original cost estimate and still it was not completed. Also do you know that the construction work was done with massive irregularities and that several benami companies of the DMK took part in it. I really dont see how the middle class is ok with these looters:tsk:

And for the record, that building is going to be a Medical college so its not a wasted money.:wave:
1) I know how close Sasikala was to JJ. No one can run away from it. How much she spent on Sasi is also known.
Don't tell me I don't know about TN politics.

2) MK didn't have to make that building in the first place. It was a waste. He wanted to make money of the contracts.

Isn't that new mall 4 lac sqft owned by Stalin?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
1) I know how close Sasikala was to JJ. No one can run away from it. How much she spent on Sasi is also known.
Don't tell me I don't know about TN politics.

2) MK didn't have to make that building in the first place. It was a waste. He wanted to make money of the contracts.

Isn't that new mall 4 lac sqft owned by Stalin?
Right on both issues:hail: The sasikala episode also was her black mark. But its nothing compared to what the DMK loots scientifically. So the Action against the Sasi crook is well justified.

but then why support the DMK?

Last edited:

ant80

Another blunder in JJ part i would say for giving up on Chennai metro phase II and going for 100km+ monorail.
Actually, i think thats the only blunder she did. Metro is messy to begin and work but better on the long run. This political removal of the metro was the omst unreasonable thing she ever did.
I've been living under a rock, apparently. Can anyone post any articles on this?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Monorail also reduces pedestrians on street. Much needed in cities similar to Mumbai. Also since the states know that Central Govt is ready to help funding the substantial part of new urban projects under JNURM, every metro city admin is trying their luck on variety of transportation ideas.

Kolkata Metro will also be passing below the hoogly river iiirc.

BRTS-- I will be ready to shoot anyone who recommends BRTS in India. Just come to Delhi and see the mess.
Add Pune to that BRTS list. Its a ffin disaster.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
May be after the metro is over and mono is complete, JJ will again start metro second and third phases:D.

I want both to be there in Chennai:troll:

mayfair

BRTS-- I will be ready to shoot anyone who recommends BRTS in India. Just come to Delhi and see the mess.
BRTS is working fine in Ahmedabad isn't it?

Delhi BRTS is an illthought, unplanned and poorly implemented project. Why blame the horse if you cannot ride?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I've been living under a rock, apparently. Can anyone post any articles on this?
This article shows the original plan for the Chennai metro-

Chennai metro rail project in three phases
UrbanRail.Net > Asia > India > Tamil Nadu > CHENNAI (Madras) Elevated Railway and Metro

Now then JJ came and scrapped the metro program, and Started the monorail system, which she says will cover 354kms:sad:

The Hindu : Cities / Chennai : Monorail proposal makes a comeback
Construction Update - Three consortiums in race for Chennai monorail

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
JJ came and axed the second and third phases of the metrorail- and instead implemented the monorail system for 300+km:hmm:
But i think the metro would have done a better job of handling the commuters and traffic.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles