Chennai Express' rocks Karachi box office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackwater

KARACHI, Aug 12: The Shahrukh Khan-Deepika Padukone starrer Indian film Chennai Express has rocked Karachi's cinema houses and cineplexes. It literally eclipsed all other releases on Eid day by a big margin, and though the exact earnings of the film are yet to be ascertained because it's been less than a week since Chennai Express hit the cinema screens, film distributors and exhibitors are raving about the way the film has been received by film buffs.

Talking to Dawn, the General Manager of Capri Cinema Aziz Khan said, "Being Pakistani we like to promote our local films, therefore we ran Ishq Khuda for two days but it didn't attract sufficient audiences. :taunt1::taunt1:

On the other hand Chennai Express is doing a roaring business from the first show. As I speak with you (Aug 12), we have a houseful show at Capri. We want Pakistani films to succeed but they should be like Khuda Ke Liyey or Chambeli. Ishq Khuda was perhaps meant for the Punjab circuit."

The head of marketing at the Atrium Cinema Anita Kenneth said,

"From day one till Aug 14 Chennai Express is sold out. Let me tell you an interesting thing on Aug 14 even the morning show (10.45am) is booked. And I'm talking about the bigger halls."

Shedding light on the reason for the film's overwhelming success Ms Kenneth said, "It's a typical Rohit Shetty comedy and masala movie. Then of course the glamorous Deepika Padukone is in the movie. Apart from Chennai Express, I'd say The Wolverine did reasonably well, mainly because of Hugh Jackman. Monsters University packed the halls on Sunday because a lot of children came to watch the film. As for Pakistani movies, Josh did pretty well on Eid days," said Ms Kenneth.

Ali at Cinepax echoed the same thoughts. "Chennai Express has done very well and is expected to do well in the weeks to come.

'Chennai Express' rocks Karachi box office - DAWN.COM

Last edited:

Blackwater

but my dear @ farhaan said nobody like Bollywood in pakistan,they all watch pashto movies.so who were they in Karachi, who watch madly chennai express?

May be uzbek and tajik and Chechnyans stromed karachi and watch Chennai express:rofl::rofl::rofl:

dhananjay1

but my dear @ farhaan said nobody like Bollywood in pakistan,they all watch pashto movies.so who were they in Karachi, who watch madly chennai express?

May be uzbek and tajik and Chechnyans stromed karachi and watch Chennai express:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Actually Bollywood movies and music are popular even in Tajikistan. They could understand a lot of Persian derived words in Bollywood Hindi.

vishwaprasad

Country flag
Not only in Tajikistan...Bollywood rules Africans as well along with those pakis....

DEJAVU

Pakistani females like Indian movies, thats right. farhan is also right, Mostly Pakistani men likes Hollywood movies, they dont like bollywood, last time i watched Indian movie is almost 7 years ago...

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Pakistani females like Indian movies, thats right. farhan is also right, Mostly Pakistani men likes Hollywood movies, they dont like bollywood, last time i watched Indian movie is almost 7 years ago...
I call BS on this. Don't tell me that Pajistan is filled with hordes of women who go to theaters alone to watch Bollywood movies. The fact is that everyone in Pakistan, from the lower middle class to the elites, from women to men to hijdas - everyone is addicted to Bollywood. Lying on this forum will not change the facts.

Ankit Purohit

Country flag
I call BS on this. Don't tell me that Pajistan is filled with hordes of women who go to theaters alone to watch Bollywood movies. The fact is that everyone in Pakistan, from the lower middle class to the elites, from women to men to hijdas - everyone is addicted to Bollywood. Lying on this forum will not change the facts.

You are Right Bro :crusin5::hehe::hehe::crusin3:

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pakis love Bollywood movies

Pakis are desperate to come to India for world class medical treatment

Paki cricketers are desperate to play in the IPL

Pakis love Indian music

Pakis love to impersonate Indians in foreign countries

Pakis are in love with Indian designer clothes

Pakis love Indian food

Pakis love to have traditional Indian weddings

You guys see the pattern here.

DEJAVU

Come on i was a bollywood addict when i was young and i really dont know last i saw indian movie..

DEJAVU

Pakis love Bollywood movies

Pakis are desperate to come to India for world class medical treatment

Paki cricketers are desperate to play in the IPL

Pakis love Indian music

Pakis love to impersonate Indians in foreign countries

Pakis are in love with Indian designer clothes

Pakis love Indian food

Pakis love to have traditional Indian weddings

You guys see the pattern here.
AGREED...
But i am not in that league, if I hurt you EGO,
Sorry then...

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
Paki men talking about Indian movies which they have just watched

Indian Film Agneepath Premier Show PAF Cinema Pkg By Raza Zaidi City42 - YouTube

Aashiqui 2 on Weekend in Cinema with ApniISP - YouTube

Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani on Weekend in Cinema with ApniISP - YouTube

Kahaani on Weekend in Cinema with ApniISP - YouTube

Barfi on Weekend in Cinema with ApniISP - YouTube

Dejavu, just do a youtube search and see if Paki men see Indian movies or not.

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
AGREED...
But i am not in that league, if I hurt you EGO,
Sorry then...
No you might not like it (highly doubtful) but most of your countrymen do.

We Indians don't like Paki movies, food, music.

We are not desperate to go to Pakistan for medical treatment.

We don't want to play in your version of the IPL (if there is one).

We are not interested in Paki designer wear.

Paki culture is not pervasive here in India.

You don't hurt my ego baby. Why should you. You guys like watching Hollywood movies, you say. In what language, may I ask? It can't be English cause majority of Pakis are illiterate or educated in Madrasas.

Reactions: sob

DEJAVU

No you might not like it (highly doubtful) but most of your countrymen do.

We Indians don't like Paki movies, food, music.

We are not desperate to go to Pakistan for medical treatment.

We don't want to play in your version of the IPL (if there is one).

We are not interested in Paki designer wear.

Paki culture is not pervasive here in India.

You don't hurt my ego baby. Why should you. You guys like watching Hollywood movies, you say. In what language, may I ask? It can't be English cause majority of Pakis are illiterate or educated in Madrasas.
What Indian culture you have?
Kurta Shalwar ?
Sherwani?
Masalas?
Beef?
Skirt?
Jeans?
T.shirt?
Guitar?
Piano?
Hair Cut?
Lip stick?
Shoes?
Buildings?

Currently you have no culture, all your stuff are imported, you guys even want to change your skin from Black to white?
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/religion-culture/43302-history-indian-obsession-fair-skin.html
What you have?

Indian Culture is Saree, Baniyan and Lungi.
Vegetables.
Elephants and Goat.

You have no culture RIGHT NOW..

Still drinking Piss dude...

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
What Indian culture you have?
Kurta Shalwar ?
Sherwani?
Masalas?
Beef?
Skirt?
Jeans?
T.shirt?
Guitar?
Piano?
Hair Cut?
Lip stick?
Shoes?
Buildings?

Currently you have no culture, all your stuff are imported, you guys even want to change your skin from Black to white?
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/religion-culture/43302-history-indian-obsession-fair-skin.html
What you have?

Indian Culture is Saree, Baniyan and Lungi.
Vegetables.
Elephants and Goat.

You have no culture RIGHT NOW..

Still drinking Piss dude...
Well a Paki does not deserve to have this sort of an outburst. Obsession with fair skin is not limited to us. Its more ingrained in Paki society than ours. Remember, its you who abuse Indians as black ass Indians or whatever. So I think you should not say anything about that, BTW, there is a difference between white skin and fair shin. Of course, you madrasa educated brain won't be able to comprehend that.

lol

Indian culture is all Pervasive.

Yoga

Kama Sutra

Motherland of all religions

ISKCON

Holi

Diwali

Yes Kurta Salwar, Sherwani all originated in India. So did present day Pakistan, you mofo.

I am not drinking piss dude, are you?

Indian musical instruments are played all over the world, are any Paki instruments played anywhere else?

N.B. What exactly do we import? What do you mean by that?? lol Every country imports something or the other. They also export things. It's called foreign trade. Don't expect you to understand.

Last edited:

DEJAVU

Well a Paki does not deserve to have this sort of an outburst. Obsession with fair skin is not limited to us. Its more ingrained in Paki society than ours. Remember, its you who abuse Indians as black ass Indians or whatever. So I think you should not say anything about that, BTW, there is a difference between white skin and fair shin. Of course, you madrasa educated brain won't be able to comprehend that.

lol

Indian culture is all Pervasive.

Yoga

Kama Sutra

Motherland of all religions

ISKCON

Holi

Diwali

Yes Kurta Salwar, Sherwani all originated in India. So did present day Pakistan, you mofo.

I am not drinking piss dude, are you?

Indian musical instruments are played all over the world, are any Paki instruments played anywhere else?

N.B. What exactly do we import? What do you mean by that?? lol Every country imports something or the other. They also export things. It's called foreign trade. Don't expect you to understand.
HAHAHAHA.
Nice joke.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Indian indigenous culture

Lungi,baniyan
Saree(not the modern indian women wear in movies.the modernization of saree was done by Pakistanis)

cuisine
Sabji's.this is the reason indians are also called SABJI khane wale
boiled sugar

other than this all the present indian culture is a forced imposed culture on them by the muslim invaders.

we pakistani contributed and forced them to follow our culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles