Cheap chainsaw sharpener Einhell BG-CS 85 E

Discussion in 'General Multimedia' started by MetsaMan, Dec 13, 2015.

1. MetsaMan

MetsaMan Regular Member

This kind gadget I bought in this week, quite cheap to buy ( 32,90 USD ) and seems to do good job... better to Me in hand file.. :doh:

3. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a new chain?

You could get many chains for the price of this machine. Moreover, you won't have to spend time sharpening the old chain.

Keep all your used chains in a bucket and once you have enough of them, sell them as scrap metal.

Interesting video though.

4. MetsaMan

MetsaMan Regular Member

Absolutely not, in here Finland I get maybe 3 new chains on price what this gadget cost... with this machine I can sharpen one chain maybe least 30 times and save lots of money... and if Your chain have just minor damaged You can repair chain with this machine.

pmaitra likes this.
  5. Feemster

Feemster New Member

Honing a cutting tool is best done as it was done in the good 'ol days, with a record. You will just need a round file and a level file. After each time u use it, it will just need around three to five strokes with the round and around 1 to 3 with the level, contingent upon the length of time u use it. you can also use sharpeners like I read something about these on https://topreviewedten.com/best-electric-chainsaw-sharpener/ but I don't have any experience with them.

Loggers, tree climbers, whatever u wanna call it do it, so can u. Needs a touch of training and frustration as the end result for u when the first trying to get a straight edge with your brush shaper. Presently I have seen shops hone chains and let me tell u a large portion of your life of the chain vanishes.

Presently remember u can purchase a security chain, a semi etches chain and a full etch chain. Wellbeing chain is what is typically on it when u get it, yet on the off chance that u utilize a semi etch or full etch it cuts a lot simpler

6. badalley

badalley New Member

Yes i to bought Buffalo Tools ECSS Electric Chainsaw Sharpener .Its cheap and is even electrical so the effort is also less. You can also check here the product that would suit your needs.

7. Armand2REP

Armand2REP CHINI EXPERT Veteran Member

Who has time to file each individual link twice? I would just as soon buy a pack of chains which is cheaper than this machine.

Feemster likes this.