Character assassination of Russia by western media

jouni

Putin is not the same as Russian generals. So, if the comparison is between Stalin and Khrushchyov on one side and Putin on another, then what is the relevance of Russian generals?

On the other hand, one should take Putin's alleged comments (not sure what source you are using), assuming it is true, in the context of NATO continuing to threaten Russia, sending troops to Russia's border, while their puppet regime is carrying out a genocide in E. Ukraine.

Under such circumstances, and this is my opinion, Putin looks like Mahatma Gandhi in comparison with the western leaders (not all, but you know the ones I am referring to).

Putin has shown a lot of restraint, and I am not happy with him, because I feel, he should have intervened earlier, and saved those ~1500-2000 civilians, odd people who have died in the hands of the Kiev regime forces. I think this character assassination of Russia by western media caused him to act with restraint.
Western media has treated Putin with silk gloves until now. Europe needs new Churchill who can see behind dictators schemes...

pmaitra

Western media has treated Putin with silk gloves until now. Europe needs new Churchill who can see behind dictators schemes...
In DFI, you will not find many admirers of Churchill. Anyway, we can agree to disagree on the "silk gloves" part.

jouni

That is not news. That is a US funded US based non-Russian propaganda website, run by a so called "institute" masquerading as a "Russian institute."
So, are you saying that everything from US media is false and propaganda. US has 350 Nobel prizes, Russia 27 , I'd say that the intellectual strength of them is in a different league than Russia. Even Sweden have more Nobels than Russia.

jouni

In DFI, you will not find many admirers of Churchill. Anyway, we can agree to disagree on the "silk gloves" part.

At least he had the guts to meet the dictator toe to toe. Maybe you have more info of him Regarding India, that I am not aware of.

pmaitra

So, are you saying that everything from US media is false and propaganda. US has 350 Nobel prizes, Russia 27 , I'd say that the intellectual strength of them is in a different league than Russia. Even Sweden have more Nobels than Russia.
I am saying what I am saying. It is crystal clear in what I have written in my posts earlier.

pmaitra

At least he had the guts to meet the dictator toe to toe. Maybe you have more info of him Regarding India, that I am not aware of.
Yes, he can meet the dictator by standing in front of a mirror.

Honestly, I am not finding much sense in what you are saying. Churchill is just another facet of Adolf Hitler, a genocidal maniac, who took a lot of credit through lip service than actual action. Even his "achievements" in the Boer War is exaggerated.

pmaitra

Sofi Oksanen: Venäjä on jo voittanut informaatiosodan | Ulkomaan uutiset | Iltalehti.fi

Russia is using yearly 1.3 billion dollars for foreign propaganda. It looks that investment is paying off in some countries. 70 per cent of higher civil servants belong to FSB. I dont think that even in third Reich so many belonged to NSDAP.
I am not challenging the data you have provided, but then, every country spends money on propaganda. Look at BBC, CNN, Fox, and all these alphabet soup organizations, NGOs, and what not. Who funds them? IIRC, the National Endowment for "Democracy," or NED, that ousted a democratically installed president of Ukraine, had a budget of $5 billion, a lot of which went towards propaganda, while the remaining money was spent on grooming the Ukro-Nazis, and other things we would never know.

So, now please compare the Ukraine chapter of NED, not even the US, not NED, just the Ukraine chapter of NED, with the Third Reich.

I guess this constant reference to Third Reich by western media is intended to hide their own complicity in grooming and encouraging the rise of Nazism in E. Ukraine.

jouni

I am not challenging the data you have provided, but then, every country spends money on propaganda. Look at BBC, CNN, Fox, and all these alphabet soup organizations, NGOs, and what not. Who funds them? IIRC, the National Endowment for "Democracy," or NED, that ousted a democratically installed president of Ukraine, had a budget of $5 billion, a lot of which went towards propaganda, while the remaining money was spent on grooming the Ukro-Nazis, and other things we would never know.

So, now please compare the Ukraine chapter of NED, not even the US, not NED, just the Ukraine chapter of NED, with the Third Reich.

I guess this constant reference to Third Reich by western media is intended to hide their own complicity in grooming and encouraging the rise of Nazism in E. Ukraine.
Do not confuse what I am writing to what western media writes. I make my own conclusions based on also what I see and here in Russia and talk to my Russian friends. What I see there I do not like. A year ago it was their problem. Now it has come Europe's and world's problem.

pmaitra

Do not confuse what I am writing to what western media writes. I make my own conclusions based on also what I see and here in Russia and talk to my Russian friends. What I see there I do not like. A year ago it was their problem. Now it has come Europe's and world's problem.
Of course, if it is your opinion, then there is nothing I wish to say.

I used the term "western media" as a mark of politeness. I totally understand your opinions and conclusions, which for most part, I do not agree with.

pmaitra

Russian generals have said that they are ready to use tactical nuclear weapons.
Apparently, this could be totally fake.

Russia outraged after Kiev accuses Moscow of nuclear attack threats

Earlier Geletey wrote in his Facebook that the operation "to cleanse Ukraine's east from terrorists" was over. He, however, proceeded to accuse Russia of direct military involvement in the east that followed the rebels' "defeat."

"A big war has come to our home, a war Europe has not seen since WWII," Geletey wrote alleging that Russia not only attempted to secure its position on the rebel-held territories, but also advance onto other regions.

He said that Moscow - through "unofficial channels" - has "repeatedly threatened to use tactical nuclear weapons" on Ukraine if Kiev continues to resist.
So, some Kiev regime official writes something on Facebook, and some people assume Russian generals threatened to use nukes? I suppose relying on concoctions and rumours is west's primary weapon of propaganda.

jouni

Wrong thread

Last edited:

Dhairya Yadav

I wonder why western world is not even looking at allegations of discrimination against Russian speakers in Ukraine... Sure it could all be made up by Russia but what if its actually true? US did the same thing with India in 1971 Bangladesh war, said Indian forces were getting involved in Pakistan's Internal affairs. WTF?

jouni

I wonder why western world is not even looking at allegations of discrimination against Russian speakers in Ukraine... Sure it could all be made up by Russia but what if its actually true? US did the same thing with India in 1971 Bangladesh war, said Indian forces were getting involved in Pakistan's Internal affairs. WTF?
You don't start a civil war over language discrimination in few months. All that has happened is carefully planned in Moscow in case of Ukraine drifting away from Russian sphere of influence.

pmaitra

You don't start a civil war over language discrimination in few months. All that has happened is carefully planned in Moscow in case of Ukraine drifting away from Russian sphere of influence.
John McCain hanging out with the Ukro-Nazis was carefully planned in Moscow.
Victoria Nuland distributing cookies to Ukro-Nazis was carefully planned in Moscow.
People burnt to death in Odessa was carefully planned in Moscow.
Circa 2000 civilians killed by the Kiev regime was carefully planned in Moscow.
Attack on the Russian Embassy in Kiev was carefully planned in Moscow.

I suppose "accurate" European history comes in multiple flavours.

You should read the story of the boy who cried wolf.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles