Changsha will build world's tallest building "Sky City"

trackwhack

I am willing to bet that this will never actually happen.

Taking bets @ $50 with increments of $50 and odds of 2:1 in your favour.

RedDragon

Such a huge building in a second tire city like ChangSha. I think this is a stupid plan.

RedDragon

But what if the local goverment use this just want to get some eye ball, not real want to build it?

I think it is still stupid, but not as stupid as really build it.

huaxia rox

I am willing to bet that this will never actually happen.

Taking bets @ $50 with increments of $50 and odds of 2:1 in your favour.
so r u good at betting some DRDO projects can actually happen especially according to the plan as well?

But what if the local goverment use this just want to get some eye ball, not real want to build it?

i think u r right to some extent...the whole thing is not prc who wanna get some stupid national pride or 'eyeball' as u described coz theres already enough stuff out there but for some local govs things may be different.

1 changsha used to be a quite important city in south china maybe 30 years ago but do we ever mention it too much nowadays??clearly no.....what we care to mention r chongqing dalian and shenzhen etc that should have been deemed as dwarfs in front of changsha had changsha developed as better as it should....so the situation is more like indians now talking about bangalore or chennai rather than calcutta.......

2 private companies can do something as a promational ad right??even its not happenning people now talking about yuanda company which is also a dwarf compared to some real big real eastate companies like vanke......

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
so the situation is more like indians now talking about bangalore or chennai rather than calcutta.......
Living in Calcutta, I am glad it is not like a new modern city (though some places in Calcutta are turning so).

It makes it easier to live since the prices of essential commodities don't grow through the roof!

Once these high paying companies establish themselves in Calcutta, we who have been living here for ages, will be up a gum tree making it difficult to make our ends meet!

Even the easy lifestyle will become too hectic to manage and stress will go up!

satish007

weird, where is cir, many Chinese posters do not come recently, they must be English teachers, now busy at examinations. students' summer vacation are coming

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Such a huge building in a second tire city like ChangSha. I think this is a stupid plan.
Changsha is not even a proto-typical 2nd tier city, at best it is a border-line 2nd tier ciy. As it ranks around 20th in terms of GDP, metro area or population, it should be best viewed as a upper 3rd-tier city. Then again any city among China's top 100 aspires to build a 100 story building, so you really can't blame Changsha for this madnes.

Personally I think chinese government should make it clear to anyone that ultra-high rise buildings should only be built in first-tier cities like Shanghai, Peking, Hongkong, or maybe also Shenzhen and Guangzhou.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There are many Chinese posters who are missing from this forum.

I just hope they have not been consumed in the purge being Bo Xilai's people!

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
There are many Chinese posters who are missing from this forum.

I just hope they have not been consumed in the purge being Bo Xilai's people!
Maybe they all got banned for saying something you or your countrymen didn't like :wave:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
i thought it was a great idea and impressive - just that the speed of the project only 7 months - might encourage the faulting of safety norms and that could have serious consequences

trackwhack

so r u good at betting some DRDO projects can actually happen especially according to the plan as well?

English please, english. If you are typing Chinese into google translate and pasting it here, it wont work.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles