Challenge Coin for DFI: Ideas

pmaitra

Last edited by a moderator:

The Fox

thats a good move cant wait for the coin the question is Cost and how much is it going to cost and how do IDF is planning to distribute
and you can have lockets of the Coin and finger rings..................

Neil

Country flag
if i may....

this is a UK mil log......

i suppose even we have a logo of all 3 services enriched together isnt it....?? cant we use that....??

just my 50 cent...

cloud_9

Country flag
How about insignia of the regiment on one side and the number of PVC,MVC & VC won on the other side with year at the bottom.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Sounds like a plan if you want to mint these as fund raisers. The first design with the blue circumcircle looks nice. That, with a silver perimeter around it and a DFI logo against a silver background in the centre, along with the motto engraved in the blue circumcircle, would limn the color scheme we already got going on here.

Can you give us an estimate (USD terms) of what it would cost to mint a 100 examples of a simple challenge coin, because I have no idea?

Last edited:

pmaitra

Can you give us an estimate (USD terms) of what it would cost to mint a 100 examples of a simple challenge coin, because I have no idea?
We're looking at $600 approx.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Better settle down for a Card then?
Card would not need extreme graphics. Simpler logos would work.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The idea was presented in the other thread about taking DFI into military shows. This idea will not work for that cause. It can be separately be useful as a fund raiser. But the management of DFI is loathe to have any fund raisers.

I mean we don't want people to come back and bite us later and say I bought this from DFI why did you ban me and ask for a refund.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think making a few advert cards like visiting cards will be a good idea.

@pmaitra please merge this back into the main thread so that we can discuss how to popularize DFI among military folks.

We can make cards and whoever is going to any show or has acquaintances with military pros can hand over these cards to them and do this while they brief the person in question about DFI and what se stand for and what we are striving to do. People can ask for such cards and we will courier it FREE.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The idea was presented in the other thread about taking DFI into military shows. This idea will not work for that cause. It can be separately be useful as a fund raiser. But the management of DFI is loathe to have any fund raisers.

I mean we don't want people to come back and bite us later and say I bought this from DFI why did you ban me and ask for a refund.
You understand human nature too well.:tsk:

Maybe the coins could be presented by DFI to members as an award or for submitted articles.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Challenge Coins are not going to be cost-effective.
Not for recruiting, certainly. I would buy one at a reasonable mark-up to support DFI.

Last edited:
Reactions: sob

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I have decided to take up Mr. Ewald's suggestion of a Challenge Coin for DFI. Kindly share your views or artworks if you have any.
PM to you.

pmaitra

@Yusuf, please don't merge this thread back. This is for challenge coin ideas. Let us get the ideas. Then we shall see.

pmaitra

@Neil, I cannot see your picture. Could you please upload via ImageShack?
@captonjohn, where are you? We need your inputs.
@LurkerBaba, could you please give me the list of all the countries of membership at DFI?

Tronic

I still do not understand, what will be the purpose of such coins for DFI? i.e., How will they benefit the site?

My personal opinion, if it matters, is that if there has to be such a coin, it's logo should be a design culminating out of the defence logos of the Indian armed forces. One very obvious symbol is the one of Ashoka's 4 lions which I think could be the main centred picture with the logos of the IA, IAF and IN on either side and top or bottom of the lions. Maybe these could be composed in a more creative way but that's the first idea that popped into my head.

Another good method to decide the logo is maybe encourage folks to draw out their ideas and share them on the site. And than the best out of those can be chosen, or atleast, those ideas can be used to expand on and build a better logo.

Just my 2 cents.

Maybe the coins could be presented by DFI to members as an award or for submitted articles.
A very good idea, though IMO, there should be strict guidelines for such an award. (i.e., the award should go to only defence articles discussing any defence topic from open source doctrine, strategies, procurements, etc, with a properly written bibliography and citations from credible sources). Religious and/or political articles should be given a pass for such an award.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles