Census 2011

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I think the best news is the decline in birthrate... there are 5 million less 0-6 year olds now than in 2001. That is going negative in long term growth. It is the longer lifespan that is seeing the increase in pop which means better living standards.

AOE

Yeah have to agree with Oracle and Ernesto here; you need be more concerned about the growth of our non-religious friends in India, Godless Kafir! lol

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Yeah have to agree with Oracle and Ernesto here; you need be more concerned about the growth of our non-religious friends in India, Godless Kafir! lol
Non-Religious is never going to grow in any large scale! So its better to stick on to a secular majority which is the only thing i can hope for!

I have this christian friend who i know since childhood and he stoped talking to me when i questioned or insulted Jesus! It never happened with Hindus!

AOE

I've had the same problem with previous christian and even muslims friends I've had in the past. They have no sense of adventure, except for killing other people of course lol.

Non-religious groups may not be growing there, but they sure are here.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Non-religious groups may not be growing there, but they sure are here.
According to TIME magazine, religion will become "extinct" in nine countries within 20 years, including Australia.

AOE

That is true. I'll drink to that.

Oracle

Non-Religious is never going to grow in any large scale! So its better to stick on to a secular majority which is the only thing i can hope for!

I have this christian friend who i know since childhood and he stoped talking to me when i questioned or insulted Jesus! It never happened with Hindus!
It might not have happened with you, but many Hindus would take offence. Why would you insult Jesus or for example any religion? Is it cool to joke about, what some people believe to be their Messiah? I guess not.

AOE

I'd think having the ability to joke about religions is an important part of freedom of speech, and having a sense of humor.

Or is that banned now?

Oracle

I'd think having the ability to joke about religions is an important part of freedom of speech, and having a sense of humor.
Yes, that is true.

Or is that banned now?
I'm not sure what Indian Law states. But why provoke extreme sentiments? Religion is better left alone.:)

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Or is that banned now?
I guess so. A guy burns a Quran in backwater USA and Afghans riot when they don't even have internet to watch it.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I guess so. A guy burns a Quran in backwater USA and Afghans riot when they don't even have internet to watch it.
Some people only need an excuse and when illiterate afghans are at the helm then they only need half an excuse.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Some people only need an excuse and when illiterate afghans are at the helm then they only need half an excuse.
The saddest part is this guy who burned it said Muslims are all a violent religion, then they go and prove him right.

AOE

Well I'm no fan of burning books, since it's a political statement of burning history, literature, or civilization (good or bad); I'd rather keep all literature so people can continue to read it in future and come to their own conclusions.

Muslims do have a tendancy to cause pandemonium for the smallest reasons as Ernesto, Armand, and others have pointed out. Does anyone here remember the Danish cartoons? :doh:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Well I'm no fan of burning books, since it's a political statement of burning history, literature, or civilization (good or bad); I'd rather keep all literature so people can continue to read it in future and come to their own conclusions.

Muslims do have a tendancy to cause pandemonium for the smallest reasons as Ernesto, Armand, and others have pointed out. Does anyone here remember the Danish cartoons? :doh:
I pointed out afghans not muslims. There are plenty of muslims who didn't have any reaction to him burning a book. Uneducated people living in a volatile region will always blow things out of proportion.

Suryakiran

Or is that banned now?
Joking about something which has very important sentimental values is not at all cool. We should be very careful while talking about other's sentiments. If, Joking about other's religion is a freedom of speach, then joking about other countries should be a freedom too. how many of our forum mates take it easy when somebody making fun of their country?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles