Cartoons in the Soviet Union

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I have read the English version of Wikipedia. I never thought that the Soviet cartoons have a political content. Looked in my childhood and now the children are viewing. These cartoons are kind and funny.

to be continued,,,

Last edited by a moderator:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
They did not air any of these in India during the 80s. Funnily our national TV air more American cartoons like spider man!! Wonder what was with all that.

Anyway i heard they played Hindi moves in Soviet Union back in the day?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Wow!! The wolf cartoon was awesome, i guess every Indian kid must see that...Such an epic surprise..

Akim

Professional
Country flag
For us also show the American and European cartoons, but psychologists advise young children to show only the old Soviet cartoons. Even Tom & Jerry is not advised. And the modern animated cartoons are some senseless and uninteresting, that our, that imported.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
For us also show the American and European cartoons, but psychologists advise young children to show only the old Soviet cartoons. Even Tom & Jerry is not advised. And the modern animated cartoons are some senseless and uninteresting, that our, that imported.
Pryvit Akim... you made me remember all those stuff... actually I have lot of Soviet Era books of folk tales including Ukranian which I used to read as a kid.These cartoons were there when we had TB6 and PTP channels but they were banned for obvious reasons.

btw I would like to see these on Indian TV ... thank god we now have lot of local cartoons as we got fed up with same old tom&jerry stuff.

Are you really from Ukraine?

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Are you really from Ukraine?
Yes, I from Ukraine, but was born in the USSR. Before, for us, the animated cartoons were not business and they were done for children. Now their main aspect is a profitableness. They became therefore not interesting. They lost the individuality.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
In Russia, the Soviet cartoon "Just you wait," Now show children illegally. Because there's a wolf - smoking!

Tolaha

Grew up on a lot of Soviet era reading materials. I think once in a year, there used to be an exhibition of Soviet books in my town during those days. Misha was the periodical that I used to be most eagerly waiting for!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Tom and Jerry were tame compared to these idiot birds.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
@W.G.Ewald
In America was a precedent, when forbidden to show Tom and Jerry, the drawn in the 30's and 40's, because of a great cruelty him?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Grew up on a lot of Soviet era reading materials. I think once in a year, there used to be an exhibition of Soviet books in my town during those days. Misha was the periodical that I used to be most eagerly waiting for!
Same book fair used to happen here as well in those times and lot of Soviet books were there and hence the source for my collection

btw do you have any of those books now? If yes then do you have any pics?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
@W.G.Ewald
In America was a precedent, when forbidden to show Tom and Jerry, the drawn in the 30's and 40's, because of a great cruelty him?
Tom & Jerry were never censored as far as I know. Neither was the Roadrunner and the Coyote.

Tom & Jerry were spoofed as Itchy & Scratchy on "The Simpsons."

W.G.Ewald

Professional

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Tom & Jerry were spoofed as Itchy & Scratchy on "The Simpsons."

"The Simpsons," "Futurama" - at cartoons for the adult category. I like"Simpsons" them, but my child I would have them not show.

W.G.Ewald

Professional

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Same book fair used to happen here as well in those times and lot of Soviet books were there and hence the source for my collection

btw do you have any of those books now? If yes then do you have any pics?
My grandfather had a lot of books and magazines from the Soviet Union. I remember reading a few of them when I was a kid.
So when I saw this thread and also this one: Magazines from the Soviet Union, it brought back memories. :weep:
Btw what is this fair, I probably was not born at that time but I would like to know.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles