Career In IAF Airman

Vikramaditya

Country flag
Guys what is the future of IAF Airman in technical,what is there salary and is it possible for them to apply for IAF officer Rank?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes.

That is the answer.

One of the officers in my unit was an ex Compass mechanic of the IAF.

Vikramaditya

Country flag
Yes.

That is the answer.

One of the officers in my unit was an ex Compass mechanic of the IAF.
dude but how,my brother had completed his 12th in pcmb,suppose if he apply for airman and get selected then how will he become IAF officer.Can you provide me detail.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Would not know about the IAF, but in the Army, he has to do a mandatory number of years of service.

He has to apply thereafter and be recommended up the chain.

He sits for an exam, SSB and physicals.

Then Medical.

And he joins Army Cadet College, passes that and goes to IMA.

Hey presto!

He is now an Officer!

I suggest you check with the local air force station/ The Recruiting Office for more details.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
OK, since you are keen, I did a Google search.

This is what I found:

ARMY CADET COLLEGE COURSE

IAF provides opportunity for airmen with minimum 10+2 educational qualification and below the age of 27 years to become commissioned officer in Army through Army Cadet College Course. The eligibility candidate has to pass the written examination conducted by Army HQ. On passing the exam they were interviewed by SSB. If selected, Army HQ details the candidate to undergo the ACC course at IMA, Dehradun and on completion of the course at IMA, they are granted commission in the Army.

SERVICE ENTRY COMMISSION

IAF provides opportunity for Sgt and above with minimum 10+2 educational qualification, f10 years of service and in the age group of 34 to 42 years, to become permanent commissioned officer in ground duty branches (Technical and Non-Technical) in the IAF. Airmen with higher education qualification and sports achievement are given weightage in select ion process. Eligible airmen have to pass the written test and SSB interview to be selected for commissioning course at AFA. On successful completion of the course they are granted permanent commission.

AFRO Career Planning

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Back in 2007 I had passed y category airmen selection test ,but I thought that I will never get a chance to become a commissioned officer & I chosed not to go to the airmen training centre in bellary and insted chosen a btech course.on that days if
someone had told me about chances of rising to the rank of a commissioned officer through ranks of an airmen,now I would have been probably serving my nation.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Back in 2007 I had passed y category airmen selection test ,but I thought that I will never get a chance to become a commissioned officer & I chosed not to go to the airmen training centre in bellary and insted chosen a btech course.on that days if
someone had told me about chances of rising to the rank of a commissioned officer through ranks of an airmen,now I would have been probably serving my nation.
You should fill AFCAT 2012?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
You should fill AFCAT 2012?
No I had some more back papers to be cleared and age is also a hintering factor From applying to both navy and airforce.I had cleared cds 2011 written test but couldn't go to the intrview as I have backpapers to be cleared.any way Iam preparing for Cds exam in September.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles