Car carrying Japan ambassador to China attacked: agency

Oracle

A man attacked the car carrying the Japanese ambassador in Beijing on Monday and ripped off the Japanese flag flying on the vehicle, Japan's Kyodo news agency reported, amid escalating tensions that led to the biggest anti-Japan protests in years.

Kyodo, quoting Japanese embassy officials in Beijing, gave no further details of the attack, but said the ambassador, Uichiro Niwa, was unhurt. The report said the embassy had "filed a strong protest with the Chinese Foreign Ministry".

The attack comes after tensions over disputed islands known as Diaoyu in China and Senkaku in Japan flared in mid-August, when the Japanese coast guard detained Chinese activists who sailed from Hong Kong and landed on the island. Anti-Japanese demonstrations have taken place in Chinese cities over the past two weekends.

Reuters

trackwhack

Fishermen in the sea and farmers on land. Is this the new Chinese stimulus? Getting unemployed fisherfolk and farmers to 'protest'?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Chinese are not too fond of the Japanese.

The CCP finds it a great rallying point for nationalism and propagates such frenzy with their policy of 100 Years of National Shame.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The Chinese are not too fond of the Japanese.

The CCP finds it a great rallying point for nationalism and propagates such frenzy with their policy of 100 Years of National Shame.
All that is true, but they are quite fond of Japanese yen flowing into the mainland. Investment had already seen a sharp drop off due to ailing economies on both sides, now it will fall even further out of safety fears.

s002wjh

Country flag
CCP is promoting these attacks to get people's minds off the ailing economy but they will just frighten away much needed Japanese investment.
oh plz i don't know how you relate a individual behavior to government supports.

s002wjh

Country flag
All that is true, but they are quite fond of Japanese yen flowing into the mainland. Investment had already seen a sharp drop off due to ailing economies on both sides, now it will fall even further out of safety fears.
really what you get the source. last time i check, all major japanese company has manufacture facilties in china. seriously you need look at your obivious anti-china attitude. i doubt anyone will take you seriouslly with obivous bias against china.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
really what you get the source. last time i check, all major japanese company has manufacture facilties in china. seriously you need look at your obivious anti-china attitude.
Check again...

Meanwhile, FDI inflows from the United States continued to shrink, falling 3.2 percent from a year ago to $1.6 billion, while investment from the top ten Asian countries and regions, including Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore, dropped 2.8 percent to $51.1 billion.

UPDATE 2-China H1 FDI drops, dragged by property investment | Reuters
Going negative 2.8% YoY from 23% annual increase qualifies as a "sharp drop off."

i doubt anyone will take you seriouslly with obivous bias against china.
I doubt anyone will take you or any other 50 cent seriously when I continue to prove China's economic instability.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
really what you get the source. last time i check, all major japanese company has manufacture facilties in china. seriously you need look at your obivious anti-china attitude. i doubt anyone will take you seriouslly with obivous bias against china.
he is free to air his views in here ( perhaps not elsewhere !! ) as long as he follows our forum rules, which he has

so why the attempt to suppress ?

there are many of yours who are BLATANTLY anti-india ( even though as guests on an indian forum, more could have been expected of them ) - but as long as they obeyed forum rules and didnt insult our defence forces we still allowed their posts .... and frankly most of your dragon posts come pretty close to crossing that line...

instead of making personal comments against the poster , why not attack his points instead ? ...unless , you cant ?

armand is taken very seriously on this forum !

Last edited:

Impluseblade

1) Armand is good at collecting news about China.
2) Armand is an auditor but not an economist. Many times, he failed to provide more insights from the articles found online besides repeating the conclusions.

he is free to air his views in here ( perhaps not elsewhere !! ) as long as he follows our forum rules, which he has

there are many of yours who are BLATANTLY anti-india ( even though as guests on an indian forum, more could have been expected of them ) - but as long as they obeyed forum rules and didnt insult our defence forces we still allowed their posts .... and frankly most of your dragon posts come pretty close to crossing that line...

instead of making personal comments against the poster , why not attack his points instead ? ...unless , you cant ?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
1) Armand is good at collecting news about China.
2) Armand is an auditor but not an economist. Many times, he failed to provide more insights from the articles found online besides repeating the conclusions.
So be it!

There are many who paste articles without comments too!

s002wjh

Country flag

plz provide where i blatantly anti-india stuff.

as far as his stuff goes, the global economy is down, and china is in a slowdown, but its far from his DOOM predictions. i try to be neutral in china/india or US, and not bias or anti-any country on these things. just by reading his comment, its sound like china is gonna crash tommorow, and its economy will go back to the 80s. of course thats not happen right now, there are issues in china but its not to the point of completely collapse. and so far their economy is still doing better than most europe

s002wjh

Country flag
Check again...

Going negative 2.8% YoY from 23% annual increase qualifies as a "sharp drop off."

I doubt anyone will take you or any other 50 cent seriously when I continue to prove China's economic instability.
did you read your source?

China's foreign direct investment inflows fell 3 percent in the first half of 2012 versus last year, largely as a result of Beijing's moves to deter speculators from entering an overheated property sector.

Regardless of the dent to inward investment, Beijing voiced satisfaction that at least steps to cool off the property sector were having some effect
like i said there are plenty investment going on in china. the problem is you are turn a slowdown into a complete collapse. if you look at any stock graph, its always down then up, down then up. unless there are MUCH severe evidences indicate its collapsing, otherwise these are indication of slowdown due to global economy cooling. if you look at other factors for example GM/other auto company still selling cars in china by the millions, same with other products, then is that indicate there is no issue in china economy. again you are only look at the negative without factor in other evidence, hence your conclusion is china economy will collapse. again thats due to your anti-china attitude which directly affect your opinion on china and your conclusion. a neutral obersver will use both positive and negative to draw a conclusion

Last edited:

Impluseblade

Since Armand claims to be a Chini expert, I do expect but not demand more from him. I can see why Armand serves an important role in this forum from a member's compliment "Armand, you never fail to lighten up my day. Nice work BTW... Keep it up." The Chinese news popping up Armand satisfy the desires of some members for more China-bashing. These members are not trying to learn lessons from the news to fix their own countries' sluggish economies or similar challenges. The only message they get or want to listen is that the China's doomsday is coming sooner rather than later. They are not going to be very successful by just hoping their opponent will lose.

So be it.

There are many who paste articles without comments too!

Last edited:

huaxia rox

the safty of ambassadors to prc from any nation should be protected....how ever dispute over diaoyudao can result in major conflict between prc and japan....we will see its japan or prc who can finally own the island........

sob

Mod
Country flag
Going back to the topic, it is the role of the Chinese Government to provide safety to diplomats in their country. I am sure action will be taken promptly and warnings handed out so that it is not repeated again. These actions reflect negatively on the host country.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
did you read your source?

like i said there are plenty investment going on in china. the problem is you are turn a slowdown into a complete collapse. if you look at any stock graph, its always down then up, down then up. unless there are MUCH severe evidences indicate its collapsing, otherwise these are indication of slowdown due to global economy cooling. if you look at other factors for example GM/other auto company still selling cars in china by the millions, same with other products, then is that indicate there is no issue in china economy. again you are only look at the negative without factor in other evidence, hence your conclusion is china economy will collapse. again thats due to your anti-china attitude which directly affect your opinion on china and your conclusion. a neutral obersver will use both positive and negative to draw a conclusion
Well, I would first have to care about what Beijing says to care about its explanation of events... and of course I don't drink CCP Kool Aid. The Shanghai Index is down 66% from its pre-crisis high. Dow Jones and Euronext recovered their value and even exceeded it so it is only China that never recovered. As shown on the gloom thread, backed up inventory is in direct correlation with Chinese stock performance.

Factories are under pressure to keep up production or the banks will call in their loans. Shipyards are finishing orders from two years ago with China's biggest shipyard without a single new order for the year. Appliance makers are offering discounts below production cost inventory has piled so high. The solar industry is bankrupt with half the production lines being shut down as banks call in loans. Heavy equipment sales have collapsed. Chinese brand automobiles and apparel are quickly losing market share. Corporate profits are negative 11.7% YoY excluding financials. There are ghost cities, empty airports, unused industry clusters and deserted highways from one end to the other. Hong Kong exporters are shutting down 2500 factories in Gaungzhou. Wenzhou is in economic collapse and the systemic problems plaguing that city are spreading across the provinces. Not to mention a ghost fleet of coal carriers with no place to unload cargo, flat electricity production, mines closing by the hundreds, steel factories by the thousands.

Local governments have unveiled another 4 trillion economic stimulus that no one but PBOC can finance. CCP says private investment has to cover it since they don't have the money but no private firm is going to dump money into construction for fake GDP sake. They can't even get local governments to build low income housing like they were ordered to do. Producers are waiting on a second stimulus so they keep rolling out inventory, but is it going to come? If it does it will leave China with so much bad debt it will be bankrupt... if it isn't already.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles