Cancer-causing toxin found in Chinese baby formula

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Cancer-causing toxin found in Chinese baby formula

Extracts from AFP: Cancer-causing toxin found in Chinese baby formula

BEIJING — A Chinese dairy has been ordered to suspend production after a cancer-causing toxin was found in its infant formula, China's quality watchdog said Monday, in the country's latest milk scare.

Ava Dairy Co. Ltd has started a recall after high levels of aflatoxin, which is caused by mould, was found in products made between July and December, the watchdog said, according to the official Xinhua news agency.

The affected formula was mainly sold to supermarkets in Hunan and Guangdong, said Li Yuanping, spokesman for China's General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine.

The latest case comes just a month after dairy maker Yili began recalling batches of baby formula when authorities found they contained high levels of mercury.

And in December, aflatoxin was found in milk produced by another leading dairy company, Mengniu Dairy Group.
Milk was at the centre of China's biggest food safety scandal in 2008 when the industrial chemical melamine was found to have been illegally added to dairy products to give the appearance of higher protein content.

At least six babies died and another 300,000 became ill after drinking milk tainted with melamine.
Aflatoxins can be found in milk after cows consume feed contaminated by mould and can increase the risk of cancer, including liver cancer, according to the World Health Organisation.
I am posting this as a public information service.

Chinese milk products have always been a huge suspect.

One has to take care before one buys Chinese diary products and derivatives.

However, the silver lining is that the Chinese Govt is no longer complacent or complicit these days and instead have exercise great vigilance.

Predator

another population control measure, kill before they grow up, i wonder who the real owner of this company is?

Oracle

I never buy Chinese products. Cheap but low quality products.

s002wjh

Country flag
I never buy Chinese products. Cheap but low quality products.
do you have a cell phone, smartphone, if so your are using made in china products. there are high quality product made in china, you just have to pay for it, also it depend on type of products. musical instrument, cloth, nothing high-tech.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
do you have a cell phone, smartphone, if so your are using made in china products. there are high quality product made in china, you just have to pay for it, also it depend on type of products. musical instrument, cloth, nothing high-tech.
When he meant Chinese products it means the products made/designed/sold by Chinese companies. I have a Samsung Phone, some part so the phones are made in china but Samsung ensures that the product quality is good, same thing cannot be said for Chinese companies.

Eg like this

Videocon has slapped a legal notice on Chinese telecom equipment giant Huawei Technologies, seeking $180 million (about Rs 992 crore) in damages for providing faulty equipment and poor network services.

Videocon, Huawei initiate legal action in supply row

s002wjh

Country flag
lenovo, haier mini fridge/wine cellar are decent. there are other products speaker/musical instrument/ some touch screen pad are decent too, i have some and compared with ipad, not as good as ipad but 1/2 price, and i haven't broken yet. it really depend on which products, auto no, but small electronic are ok and decent price. think apple as high end, while the chinese made similar product are low-mid range,depend on brand.
also wife bought some custom tailored cloth in china half price compare to here, last forever, comfort, and good quality. warren buffett also order alot custom suit from china too.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles