Can someone tell me why exactly are we supporting Palestine?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Excellent point. Israel's foreign policy is closely aligned with Saudi foreign policy. Saudi Arabia has been funding Wahhabis, and Israel has been attacking those fighting against the Wahhabis. As far as India is concerned, Shias are no threat, but the Wahhabis are.

There is little to say about Israeli weapons. A bulk of the technology that goes into Israeli weapons are American. Some have suggested that Israel is a front to sell American weapons to countries, such as India and PRC, that bypasses restrictions on direct US arms sales.

Regarding OIC, they have always supported Pakistani position on Kashmir. Iran and Iraq under Saddam Hussein supported India over Pakistan.
When did Iran and Iraq support India? I mean which resolutions?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
When the President is on a state visit to a foreign country, his political loyalty doesn't matter. He represents India as a whole and his statements reflect his government's official position.

Israel makes good money through it's weapons deals with India, it is not like we get those stuff for free. In fact several Israeli stuff are overpriced.

Geopolitics is a complex game and there exist grey areas in Israel's conduct which aren't in sync with our national interests. Israel has established close defence ties with China which includes ToT, and it is indirectly supporting the Sunni Wahabbi assault against Shias.

India cannot afford to put all eggs in one basket, we need to maintain proper checks and balances. India maintains close ties with several gulf nations like UAE and Oman. India's relation with Iran is important for her venture into Afghanistan.

As far as OIC is concerned, it has never gone beyond lip service to the Kashmir cause. We can live with that.
About ToT with China- that happened after US cleared it for helping China stand against USSR. I am not sure how much of that will continue in future. Israel ultimately piggybacks on US.

I_PLAY_BAD

India must stop supporting Palestine.
Those b**** say the region of Israel is the land of muslims. What a bull shit !!!
Will India accept if Kashmiris say Kashmir is the land of muslims and ask India to vacate ? Whatever India does it is of no use because at the end all Muslims B**** nations will unite and turn against us. So India must not shake hand with Palestine at the cost of Israel. Without Israel India cannot tackle terrorism at all !!! See what Pakistan is facing today without a strong ally in the ME.

pmaitra

When did Iran and Iraq support India? I mean which resolutions?
I will respond to this with links. I need to dig it up.
Ok, I found the links:

How Iran saved India – in 1994
Having mortgaged its gold reserves two years ago, India was on the economic brink while Russia was still licking its wounds after the break-up of the Soviet Union. The Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC), supported by influential Western nations, was pushing a resolution at the UN Commission Human Rights (UNCHR), later rechristened as Human Rights Council, to condemn India for human right violations in Kashmir. The resolution, with UNCHR approval, was to be referred to the UN Security Council for initiating economic sanctions and other punitive measures against India. As in the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), in the OIC, too, decisions are by consensus.

. . .

What Iran gained by obliging India is an abiding mystery. Only after 72 anxious hours did Delhi learn that Iran had killed the OIC move to table the resolution. This marked a new chapter in India-Iran relations with wider consequences. Iran distanced itself from Pakistan in the matter of Afghanistan; and, India joined hands with Iran to promote the Northern Alliance, which was inimical to Pakistani interests. Pakistan was shocked by what it termed as “backstabbing”.
Saddam Hussein played down Babri Mosque incident
Iraq "invariably supported" India's position on Kashmir, he writes, adding that at the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC) meetings, Baghdad played a "constructive role."

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Because GoI likes to suck circumcised d**k........? :lol:

FRYCRY

Country flag
what the hell is this palestine cause, there are more than 50 islamic countries throw them in those countries instead of harassing Israel for being a jewish nation

salute

They are going to support the stance of Pakistan/Islamic Nations no matter what we do for Palestine or the so called oppressed gazans. Our govt is sacrificing our ally Israel(Which is way powerful than any Islamic Nations) for the "feelings" of this 200 million Indian Muslim minority.India will be doomed if our govt continue this FP stance.
without any bs explanation and one line to tell you because,

india do not take sides at others politics and war,

for one because india hands are already full with its own politics and war,

and second india got interest at both sides which are israel,west and arabs.

I_PLAY_BAD

We cannot simply blame India's stand with respect to Palestine.
By supporting the cause of Palestine we get a warm partnership from the Muslim world which is very very crucial to nullify the nuclear powered Pakistan's influence on the Muslim world. By supporting the cause of Palestine we get the partnership of Iran (though Israel and Iran are enemies) which is very very crucial for us now.

India's this stand is putting it in a high position from the Muslim world stand point. Still we are maintaining cordial relations with Israel. Isn't it shrewd ? When coming to national interests what other options we have ?

VaghaDeva

sum gai
Because Jewish culture is rooted in the idea that non jews (goyim) are worth less than dogs and should be killed or enslaved because they were born that way

shade

Country flag
this is freaking stupid. Not a single Palestinian is going to support India's stance on Kashmir neither are they going to support our fight against Pak terrorism. All this is for what??? Madness!

View attachment 7285

because Oil,plain and simple.By antagonizing palestine you piss off the oily Arabs(and maybe Iranians),and we need the Oil $$$
Modi has made some little deal recently with UAE that we store UAE's oil and get 1/3rd for free or something like that,also has a trip to Saudi next month.

This all would not be if we directly supported Israel
oh also there is that 200 million vote bank to consider,and you saw what happened in Bihar when they vote en masse.

on the other hand,most special forces groups seem to use TAR-21's and Uzi's here,and the army is interested in Spike ATGM. All Made in Israel.The Israeli issue is similar to our own,a certain part of their country cries about human rights "violations" all the while trying to kill the population of the country which is a part of another religion,while being supported by other neighboring powers.

the current 'balancing act' is good imo.Jewish Guns & Arab money.

raja696

this is freaking stupid. Not a single Palestinian is going to support India's stance on Kashmir neither are they going to support our fight against Pak terrorism. All this is for what??? Madness!

View attachment 7285
May be India is poised to get some Infrastructure projects like it does to Afghanistan(new parliament etc) . To earn some good name as soft power. What ever it is, India should move its pawns carefully may be through consultations with Israel from the back door channel .

Good point i learned is Israel is gulam to saudi and both support wahabi and china who are enemies to India. May be we should be limited to infrastructure development and aid. Thats enough. I am waiting to see new president early.

shade

Country flag
May be India is poised to get some Infrastructure projects like it does to Afghanistan(new parliament etc) . To earn some good name as soft power. What ever it is, India should move its pawns carefully may be through consultations with Israel from the back door channel .

Good point i learned is Israel is gulam to saudi and both support wahabi and china who are enemies to India. May be we should be limited to infrastructure development and aid. Thats enough. I am waiting to see new president early.
not gulam to saudi,rather both saudi and israel are gulams to US.
Israel seems to support wahabis against shias,because Iran(Shia majority) supports hezbollah against Israel
it is similar to pakis supporting jihadis in kashmir valley,and India(Allegedly) supporting Balochistan rebels in Pakistan,which i doubt,because if it was true the Balochistan would be Bangladesh Liberation War 2.0

Params7

Its hard to sympathize with Israel, when they are the ones being the aggresionist force in Palestine, illegally grabbing land and building. Palestine has no standing army, so they turn to the only people they can - Hamas. Imagine if India crossed into PoK, built fences, terrorized the locals out of their homes, crushed their homes. If they turn to Jihadis to attack us, then reply with belligerent Army force where we bomb their civilians in ten times the greater numbers. That's what Israel has been doing. Look at Operation Protective Edge, Operation Defensive Shield, Operation Cast Lead, Operation Pillar Of Cloud.

Then you have this that all of UN/International community needs to look at:

http://time.com/4019509/gaza-uninhabitable-unctad/

Sure Israel is the most powerful (which it is mainly due to USA being its weapon) - but humanitarianism should also be considered by India as it has been its hallmark in international politics. We cannot just blindly pick sides based on power alone. Otherwise lets all go brown nose USA?

Last edited:

Bahamut

I say we remain neutral ,sure what Israel does is bad but ultimately it is problem between Israel and Palestine and they should solve it among themselves .We can help Palestine with aid only if agree that Kashmir is of India and the govt. does not encourage any anti India activity .We should support official a political solution ,which is possible other then that let them solve it,it a problem we better not get much involve it just like Yemen.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Its hard to sympathize with Israel, when they are the ones being the aggresionist force in Palestine, illegally grabbing land and building. Palestine has no standing army, so they turn to the only people they can - Hamas. Imagine if India crossed into PoK, built fences, terrorized the locals out of their homes, crushed their homes. If they turn to Jihadis to attack us, then reply with belligerent Army force where we bomb their civilians in ten times the greater numbers. That's what Israel has been doing. Look at Operation Protective Edge, Operation Defensive Shield, Operation Cast Lead, Operation Pillar Of Cloud.

Then you have this that all of UN/International community needs to look at:

http://time.com/4019509/gaza-uninhabitable-unctad/

Sure Israel is the most powerful (which it is mainly due to USA being its weapon) - but humanitarianism should also be considered by India as it has been its hallmark in international politics. We cannot just blindly pick sides based on power alone. Otherwise lets all go brown nose USA?
What should Israel do, give sweets to barbaric militants next time they cross into Israel to stab common citizens?

Not everyone is as spineless as Mindus.

Params7

What should Israel do, give sweets to barbaric militants next time they cross into Israel to stab common citizens?

Not everyone is as spineless as Mindus.
And I guess Palestinians should just sit around sucking their thumbs when Israeli's come building on their lands. Didn't even address my post, and you're the moderator?

And on how to handle fanaticism, Israel could learn from how India handles militant attacks in Kashmir. Do we reply by rolling tanks into their mainland and bombing their civilian houses?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles