Cambridge analytical episode

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Wait did you take a Twitter post and post it as fact? It could well be true. But can you post some links to official CA documents/disclosures that say this/verify this?
Having people on retainers does exist in Delhi and Mumbai.

There may not be proof, but it is not such a far fetched idea. The coordinated attacks from journos and SM influencers must have some co-ordination between themselves.

Sometimes I am surprised by much aligned their thought process is.

rkhanna

Country flag
Having people on retainers does exist in Delhi and Mumbai.

There may not be proof, but it is not such a far fetched idea. The coordinated attacks from journos and SM influencers must have some co-ordination between themselves.

Sometimes I am surprised by much aligned their thought process is.
Bro - the point I was making was different.

Alot of people on this thread for instance are whining about fake news, paid media etc and make the complaint ONLY when it only suits their view point. This "twitter" post could as much be part of the process the above poster is complaining about. (Take this post for example - While the post is anti congress EVERY Political party runs a similar SM campaign and no party more than BJP - they imported whole sale the Chinese System or bot Propaganda - but i would love for the same poster to post articles that are anti his political view point/loyalties)

Should we not Practice what we preach ? Post with proof otherwise its intellectual masturbation irrespective of how probable it is. It not being a far fetched idea is irrelevant.

Is our intellectual capacity so diminished that we will take the tiniest of information handout to feed our sense of world view? Is our insecurity so great that we cannot put a data point/argument through normal established rules of validity rigor and/or fact check?

And if we (specially the youth who are on this forum) have not learned simple basic rules for developing critical and analytical thought that we learn in 6/7/8 standard then our education system is a sham.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Alexander nix’s report on Indian politics in early 2017.

Now the rise of hardik patel, Jignesh mewani makes sense.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
My idea regarding congress and it's working modus is that it behaves like a firm. The Chairman and the CEO is the Rahul gandhi or any one from Gandhi family. They basically identify talent across the world and include them in the party and once the party comes into power or be it opposition, the talent utilizes it's contacts across the world for the benefit of the C-firm. (Which i call as Congressi-Firm)

Be it Manmohan, a man who worked in the world bank, be it S. Swamy, or people who residing abroad and working in firms like CA or Swiss Banks etc. They were all a part of central architecture of the Congress Party. And not just that, the graduates from Ivy league unis were given internship offers too. And later absorbed by the party.

When it comes to media, we have names like Sardesai, Vikram chandra etc etc.. why do they favor congress? Because they are part of the same central architecture.

So in a nutshell if you observe congress with microscope, it works like a firm.

Therefore to whatever few members have written is correct but where are we missing in the analysis, is the above part which I just wrote. No one sees congress as a firm and rather as some party working towards development of India.
We need to change the perception and start viewing Congress as a firm and only then one could actually predict what is actually going on, of course the best competitor would be reliance, and when reliance develops yes India develops too but what's the share of that development which is disposed for the country? Very little.

The left , JNU brigade, patel and mewani are the subsidiary of congress run by the central architecture. This is the only reason why BJP tries to bring in the congress even when it's about JNU. Of course they all are again part of that same central architecture which Rahul gandhi always mentions.

Tibarn

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This may be a coincidence, but I have noticed the Congitard presence on Twitter has evaporated since this CA news story broke. The last few months I was noticing a lot of anti-Modi trends, but they seem to have dried up.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
This may be a coincidence, but I have noticed the Congitard presence on Twitter has evaporated since this CA news story broke. The last few months I was noticing a lot of anti-Modi trends, but they seem to have dried up.
And also on Google play with congis taking down their own App

prohumanity

Country flag
Surprisingly, the boards are silent on this huge issue which is potentially very very dangerous for the security of India.
So, these shoddy politicians hired the tech company, Cambridge Analytica...to tell them how they can know Indian society's caste and regional/religion based fault lines and target those vulnerabilities by creating more conflict and thus, win elections for the party who toes lines of a certain foreign power.

I think this is really a very dangerous intrusion into Indian society which has potential to create chaos and fragment the Indian nation into pieces.

Do you understand why those forces are so opposed to Nationalist Leaders like Modi, Putin, Erdogan, Dutuerte etc.? Because Nationalist Leaders can not be easily controlled and manipulated by those forces .
They will demonize such leader s by the 24/7 fake news media franchises...create bad image in public to weaken them to install weak and vulnerable leaders in these countries.

That companies whistelblower rightly said that this is a type of "Neo-Colonialism " by the degenerating past colonial powers... A last ditch effort to preserve their relevance and power.

The enemies of India do not want Indians to get united as "Indians" because that will make India a formidable power to persue its goal of development according to its own civilisational values.

indiatester

Country flag
Surprisingly, the boards are silent on this huge issue which is potentially very very dangerous for the security of India.
So, these shoddy politicians hired the tech company, Cambridge Analytica...to tell them how they can know Indian society's caste and regional/religion based fault lines and target those vulnerabilities by creating more conflict and thus, win elections for the party who toes lines of a certain foreign power.

I think this is really a very dangerous intrusion into Indian society which has potential to create chaos and fragment the Indian nation into pieces.

Do you understand why those forces are so opposed to Nationalist Leaders like Modi, Putin, Erdogan, Dutuerte etc.? Because Nationalist Leaders can not be easily controlled and manipulated by those forces .
They will demonize such leader s by the 24/7 fake news media franchises...create bad image in public to weaken them to install weak and vulnerable leaders in these countries.

That companies whistelblower rightly said that this is a type of "Neo-Colonialism " by the degenerating past colonial powers... A last ditch effort to preserve their relevance and power.

The enemies of India do not want Indians to get united as "Indians" because that will make India a formidable power to persue its goal of development according to its own civilisational values.
We as a nation must survive this challenge. There will be sections of people who will not be happy and its the top leadership that has to ensure that everyone feels that they are part of one nation and feeling of alienation must be removed.
Not an easy task for a country as diverse as India.

prohumanity

Country flag
The need to educate Indians to have "Indian" as their identity. The politicians who want to exploit the emotions of small groups like "Lingayats" castes like "Dalits" occupational divisions like "Jats" etc. by creating fear in them to manipulate them to vote in favor of these parties.

"Divide and rule" has been a age long policy of British which was mastered by some "psudo-British" Indian politicians who started using divisive tactics to divide Indians according to religions, castes, regional identities etc.
This trick worked for Congress Party for 60 years. Now, seems Indians are realizing this sinister game by Congress causing downfall of divisive political parties.

I think Indians should unite and throw all such tech companies out of India who want to collect data about fault lines of Indian society to use these to create chaos and disharmony in the country.

The Last Stand

Country flag

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
The company has made a presentation to the Congress in which it detailed the strategy to target voters online.
Ok, call me a duh but how will this affect who I vote for? Let's say I've made up my mind to vote for the BJP, can CA change my mind to vote for Cong instead? How can they do this psychological manipulation to my mind? It's Impossible!

Secondly, over 60,000 villages, (meaning millions of villagers incl backward classes/OBCs etc and those who are uneducated) do not have internet connections and mobile connectivity. How does CA plan to brainwash these villagers to vote for a particular party?

Is this only to influence fence sitters? Can someone please explain in three lines how CA can influence my voting? :confused1:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Ok, call me a duh but how will this affect who I vote for? Let's say I've made up my mind to vote for the BJP, can CA change my mind to vote for Cong instead? How can they do this psychological manipulation to my mind? It's Impossible!

Secondly, over 60,000 villages, (meaning millions of villagers incl backward classes/OBCs etc and those who are uneducated) do not have internet connections and mobile connectivity. How does CA plan to brainwash these villagers to vote for a particular party?

Is this only to influence fence sitters? Can someone please explain in three lines how CA can influence my voting? :confused1:
My previous post on the topic should explain their tactics.

Don’t forget congress has a Lutyens media advantage, which BJP doesn’t. What ever tactics/strategy CA decides, people like Rajdeep, Sekhar Gupta, India today group are there to take it forward. A seed of doubt in voters mind is sufficient for them.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag

First of all the data in itself is a goldmine. For the party now knows the political preferrences of voters. Company and their client knows the real voter share which can be sorted out constituency, gender, age, profession wise or any other way as per requirement. This way the client party can make tailor made strategy for each location, like election promises, choice of candidates, promotion strategy etc. After all these are the things upon which we decide whom to vote.
Secondly you may have heard of subliminal advertising. By subtly displaying on ur FB profile what the company wants to convey ur mind will capture the information and it will somewhere hit ur decision making ability.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles