Bullet Train Will Improve Kerala's Transport Infrastructure

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If they are not ready to pay Rs. 30 to Rs. 50 toll then do you see HSR becoming popular.
To be fair when I travelled by road along the Punjab State Highways, the number of toll booths were far too many and some were exorbitant given the state of the road.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Sir, i think that except for NH1 where the work is going on Highways in Punjab have become very good.

Also with the state of Govt.'s fiscal condition the BOT model with Toll will be the one to follow.

BTW if you want to enjoy the comforts of Toll road and see the advantage then I would recommend Ahmedabad-Vadodra Highway and pretty much most of the National Highways in Rajasthan.

pmaitra

When I was in Kerala, the roads around Trivandrum were very nice but the roads around Cochin weren't that good. In any case, there were no toll roads and I think the govt. was doing a pretty good job with the roads for most of the state.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir, i think that except for NH1 where the work is going on Highways in Punjab have become very good.

Also with the state of Govt.'s fiscal condition the BOT model with Toll will be the one to follow.

BTW if you want to enjoy the comforts of Toll road and see the advantage then I would recommend Ahmedabad-Vadodra Highway and pretty much most of the National Highways in Rajasthan.
Yes, I have driven on the Gujarat Highways.

Smooth and creamy!

sob

Mod
Country flag
PM, the toll roads are here to stay. The Kerela Govt. has more avenues to spend money than building and maintaining of roads. They are lagging behing the road network compared to other states and the state Govt. does not have the finances to build new highways.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Yes, I have driven on the Gujarat Highways.

Smooth and creamy!
This reminds me of Lalu Yadav and his promise to make roads of Patna as smooth and creamy as Hema Malini's cheeks.:lol::rofl:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles