Bullet-proof cars for Indian envoys in Pak

sandeepdg

NEW DELHI: The government has provided bullet-proof cars to all senior diplomatic officials in Pakistan following a recent security review.

All officials posted in the Indian High Commission in Islamabad have been asked to curtail unnecessary travel and move only with guards.

The security upgrade comes amid increasing reprisal attacks from the Pakistani Taliban after the killing of Osama bin Laden. On Monday, Taliban gunmen shot dead a Saudi diplomat who was driving on his own to work.

There is no specific intelligence input about a threat to Indian diplomats in Pakistan, but addition steps for their protection have been taken. Security of the Islamabad High Commission complex has also been tightened.

Bullet-proof cars for Indian envoys in Pak - The Times of India

Bot

Non stop posting
Banned
The saudi arabian incident was more political than terror attack , i doubt the terrorists would attack a country which supplies them unlimited money .

Indian envoys fear matters little because the terrorists are clad in security uniforms themselves., if you get at what i am hinting at .

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
good idea specially in the situation where the very future of Pakistan look bleak, pakistan is about to loose its country to terrorists and Taliban after failure of PA, ISI and PAF.

Blackwater

if i am not mistaken India send armoured Mercedes vans few months back to pak for consular staff

sandeepdg

I know that ITBP provides security to Indian consulates and the embassy in Afghanistan, not exactly sure which Indian unit is responsible for providing internal security in Pakistani consulates and the embassy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles