Britain no longer a naval power, fleet strength depleted

amitkriit

we have a lot strong lobby in US now, and do you think if US try to confront us now NRI's in US would keep quite ... :rolleyes:
No, not at all they will cheer the "US forces" while they will fight for "Freedom", "Liberty" and "Democracy" in India. Please do not underestimate NRIs, they were ahead of even the "racist" white people in blaming the Indian Students in Australia for being "Uncivilized", "Noisy" and getting "Beaten-up".

blueblood

No, not at all they will cheer the "US forces" while they will fight for "Freedom", "Liberty" and "Democracy" in India. Please do not underestimate NRIs, they were ahead of even the "racist" white people in blaming the Indian Students in Australia for being "Uncivilized", "Noisy" and getting "Beaten-up".
+1

These are the same guys who protested the 98 Nuke test and called for India to sign CTBT for a "better future".

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
we have a lot strong lobby in US now, and do you think if US try to confront us now NRI's in US would keep quite ... :rolleyes:
Indo-American lobby is a joke, don't expect anything from them. People like Bobby Jindal and Fareed Zakaria just parrot the U.S. foreign policy line even if it hurts Indian interests. I recall Zakaria saying India made a huge blunder by not selecting F-18s in MMRCA deal. :facepalm:

LalTopi

That was not the case with NRIs in the UK where the incident caused a lot of bad publicity for Australia.
However, when I spoke to relations in Aus, one of whom was a student from India, they all felt that generally they were treated with respect and these were isolated incidents.

LalTopi

20 years before all those babies are grown up and another 10-20 years before their voice is heard in politics. Nothing to do with what will happen in 2016.
Already having an effect, hence Obama got elected.

balai_c

Already having an effect, hence Obama got elected.
Obama is a democrat, he is a staunch altanticist (old boy network of Anglo-Saxon powers). P2prada is correct, I am afraid! Regardless of birth and ethnic backgrounds,. current crop of American leaders will continue to support their western credentials, uphold the civilizational kinship. And for that matter, even Latinos(including Brazil), hold a special bond with Europe. The entire Latin America speaks spanish and portuguese , they even do not have a language of their own. We cannot compare them with us. Throughout the Americas (from Alaska to Tiera Del Fuego), a kinship exists with the old continent. Nearly all Latinos have European ancestry.

LalTopi

Obama is a democrat, he is a staunch altanticist (old boy network of Anglo-Saxon powers). P2prada is correct, I am afraid! Regardless of birth and ethnic backgrounds,. current crop of American leaders will continue to support their western credentials, uphold the civilizational kinship. And for that matter, even Latinos(including Brazil), hold a special bond with Europe. The entire Latin America speaks spanish and portuguese , they even do not have a language of their own. We cannot compare them with us. Throughout the Americas (from Alaska to Tiera Del Fuego), a kinship exists with the old continent. Nearly all Latinos have European ancestry.
I hear what you say and see where you are coming from with respect to kinship. I guess I am trying to make two points. Firstly, although kinship is there, but it is declining/diluting. Secondly, the US has a strong record of looking after its strategic interests first and formost - e.g. the Falklands situation (See p2prada's posts #157 & 158). Other examples are WW1, when it did not join till 1917, WW2 when it did not join till 1942 after Pearl Harbour and indeed after Hitler declared war on America, Suez crisis when US went against Britain and France. If US strategic interests are aligned with India's in the IOR (i.e over China), then I do not think they will support Britain over India in a conflict situation - really depends how India plays its cards w.r.t. potential areas of disagreement with situations such as Iran, where India is doing the right thing by staying neutral.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles