Brigadier Ray No More

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
RIP, great person, learn a lot from him. Its great loss to DFI.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
This is heart breaking, I don`t know what to say any more , Feeling empty and extremely Sad :(

He was my favorite person since i joined this forum, I enjoyed his post his advice and his likes of my post the most !!

The void created by his absence would never be filled by anyone else, There was none like him and none will be like him again among us, The loss is huge on all of us ..

=========================

My deepest condolence to Sir`s family ..

May you rest in peace, Sir ..

Jai Hind!!

Last edited:

LDev

Country flag
A soldier to the end. May your soul Rest in Peace.

SamwiseTheBrave

This is very sad news indeed.... I always looked forward to his posts on the latest topics especially the ones related to life in the Indian Military Services, as also the security related developments.
Our Prayers & Thoughts are with his family in this moment of loss.
Om Shanthi....May your soul rest in peace Ray Sir.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Before log-in after so many days, I had very bad vibes of not reading any good News today.

Such a sad day It is for me to read that Brigadier Ray is no more.

It started many years ago when I first started reading him on a Pakistani forum. Those days when anti India propaganda was on its peek; he lead all of us like an invincible warrior showing his country men how to lead a fight.

People like me who would get intimidated with every abuse hurled at India saw him decoding the same abuses to their logical conclusions with befitting replies.

He was a true solider, who served his country very well and never got retirement. This time it was the digital frontiers calling him out.

I remember one of the DFI poster requesting him to have look at a British forum, full of rabid India haters. At this age he took it as a call of duty; went there, and brought sense to many of their discussions; which otherwise were one sided.

He was humble and kind person who would at times admit of his shortcomings and never mind acknowledging being educated by others. His discussions with OOE at WAB and other military professionals are proof of it. Not to mention the scope of learning from his inputs was always immense and a delight.

I always thought if I have to meet any person I interact on different forums; Brigadier Ray will be one of them. He may not be aware of my IDs on different forums but I was always there to support him and make a way for him (which he never required); knocking down many posters crossing the limits, for him and at times challenging the moderators.

With the same Zeal I am still here to salute you Sir even when you are not here with us. You will be always in my thoughts and prayers.

Jai Hind.

Last edited:

pmaitra

This is a very sad news. I am two days late in getting this information.

My condolences to Ray Sir's, family, friends, and colleagues, and last but not the least, the forum members.

I am grateful to him for many things.

God bless everyone.

Alien

I met him last October in his house in Kolkata where he & his gracious wife treated me to a wonderful lunch.

I am still not able to come to terms with his demise.

He enthusiastically asked to be added on the staff whatsapp group. His last post on DFI was on 19th May though he wasn't well. He had messaged us a few days back that he is going to be admitted to hospital and today I got the news he is no more.

He was the oldest but the most energetic person on DFI.

DFI will not be the same without him.
Could you please post a photograph of Ray Sir and a short biography and make it as a sticky on Announcement section?

acetophenol

Country flag
I am not a frequent poster here, but I visit and follows members and threads here,and Ray sir's posts were absolute gems,his choice of words were wonderful. His posts inspired me to improve my vocabulary.

This is a great loss to the forum and to the world. Brig.Ray will always be remembered. We were fortunate to have him with us.

Rest in Peace sir,

Salutes to you,
-Jai Hind!

kurup

Country flag
Sad news .... You will be missed @Ray sir .

May your soul attain moksha .

warriorextreme

Country flag
It is hard to accept this fact that he is no more :(

I used to read his entire posts since I first joined this forum...

He was one of the very few sane voices on this forum that guided the young ones like me to improve our posts & thinking....This is a great loss & I do not think anyone can fill in his shoes...

We will miss you @Ray sir...Thanks for spending your time with us on this forum...

My condolences are with sir's family.

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti

Jai Hind!!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles