Brigadier Ray No More

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
This is quite shocking. He was one of the most knowledgeable and polite moderators of the forum. DFI will certainly miss him.

RIP @Ray sir.

blueblood

Many members do not know but Ray was not well for a while but he participated actively in the forum truly dedicated military man, our number one poster and a true gem of a person.
He was the one who invited me to join this forum. He reminded me of my grandfather who passed away when I was a kid. He too was an army officer and was cut from the same cloth.

@Yusuf, please pass our condolences to Brig. Ray's family. He meant a lot to all of us and will be sorely missed.

ninja85

very sad,
he contributed great to this forum,
from that everyone learned,
everyone gonna miss him,
RIP @Ray sir.

Shadow

Country flag
I still cannot believe that he is no more.He was like a father to me.He always answered my queries and he talked very humbly.Will miss him badly.
R.I.P Sir

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
My Heartfelt condolences on sad demise of Brig Ray of MAHAR Regiment. I had known him but before I could convey our quittance, which I was thinking of, he departed for higher abode.

Rest in peace sir ..... soldiers do not die .. they just wither away ..

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
even i was wondering about the apparent absence of Ray sir since the past few days, and now just spotted this news!

though a new member here, but had read some of his posts, which were more than enough to communicate to me that he must be a thorough gentleman and an exceptionally knowledgeable man-of-honour; loss of an absolute asset to the nation and this forum! hope he is and will still be watching over his immediate as well as extended family (us) for sometime, before eventually moving ahead with his Gati on the next plane. may his light keep shining!

your further unmatchable posts (& vocabulary) and distinguished presence will be sorely missed here, sir! we seek your blessings.

my sincere condolences to his family. may God give them strength. Om Shanti Shanti Shantih...

Blackwater

Sad to hear that . It's a big loss to this forum , God bless his soul rest in peace

WMD

Just saw the news, still can't believe.
RIP.

kaustav2001

Country flag
RIP Ray sir. You shall surely be missed by all on DFI. My condolences to the bereaved family.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I met him last October in his house in Kolkata where he & his gracious wife treated me to a wonderful lunch.

I am still not able to come to terms with his demise.

He enthusiastically asked to be added on the staff whatsapp group. His last post on DFI was on 19th May though he wasn't well. He had messaged us a few days back that he is going to be admitted to hospital and today I got the news he is no more.

He was the oldest but the most energetic person on DFI.

DFI will not be the same without him.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
I learned alot from him.

R.I.P Brigadier Ray sir.
Om shanti shanti.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles