Breaking News: US successfully tests Minuteman 3 ICBM

lcafanboy

Country flag
Breaking News: US successfully tests Minuteman 3 ICBM

World war 3 coming

Chinmoy

Country flag
Russia few days back unveiled their Sarmat to world and US responded by testing Minuteman II (as per video). Why so?

Sarmat has a pronounced throw weight of 50Mt whereas US conveniently shown their Minuteman II with 1.2 Mt throwweight, which is still in service.

prohumanity

Country flag
It makes MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION more certain.....When many major nations have such highly destructive weapons....peace will be only option. Either All live OR all die !! Time is coming for "live and let live" thing Gandhi said.....Time is running out for "live and let die" James Bond thingi.!

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
It makes MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION more certain.....When many major nations have such highly destructive weapons....peace will be only option. Either All live OR all die !! Time is coming for "live and let live" thing Gandhi said.....Time is running out for "live and let die" James Bond thingi.!
Please keep quiet and stop sermonising. Bleh!

If nuclear weapons could kill everything, things would have been far different. In WW2, the 2 nukes killed just 1lakh people whereas other means killed 10 crore people. Even if 1000 nukes were dropped, the result would have been lesser than what was seen in WW2.

In korean war, lakhs of tons of ammunitions like bombs or artillery shells were used to level pyongyang, destroy all the structures, 95% of railways, all industry and kill 20% of North Korean population (20lakh out of 1 crore). Yet, Chinese intervention ensured North Korean safety. By 1950, Hydrogen bomb was also invented by USA. USA threatened to bomb China but Mao did not fear. If nuclear bombs could destroy entire mankind, USA would have destroyed China.

prohumanity

Country flag
One simple question: Has any nation with Nuclear Weapons ever been attacked by any other nation ? NO.
If Japan Had Nuclear weapons..could Hiroshima and Nagasaki would have been decimated ? NO.
Bitter truth is that Nuclear weapons are the most powerful deterrent...

Lastly..Kshithjj..you are nobody to tell me to be quiet ..I am using my right to voice my opinion....If you can
not digest my opinion..you can block me...I am not sermonising..I am telling raw truth..

A bully only bullies other persons as long as he believes that other person can not credibly break his arm or leg.
The minute a bully realizes that the other person have sufficient courage and means to counterattack and cause severe injury to the bully.....the bully quickly backs off and leaves that person alone..to pick on some other weaker target..

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
One simple question: Has any nation with Nuclear Weapons ever been attacked by any other nation ? NO.
If Japan Had Nuclear weapons..could Hiroshima and Nagasaki would have been decimated ? NO.
Bitter truth is that Nuclear weapons are the most powerful deterrent...

Lastly..Kshithjj..you are nobody to tell me to be quiet ..I am using my right to voice my opinion....If you can
not digest my opinion..you can block me...I am not sermonising..I am telling raw truth..

A bully only bullies other persons as long as he believes that other person can not credibly break his arm or leg.
The minute a bully realizes that the other person have sufficient courage and means to counterattack and cause severe injury to the bully.....the bully quickly backs off and leaves that person alone..to pick on some other weaker target..
India was attacked in 1999, Russia was attacked in Chechnya, Yugoslavia was attacked by NATO. Pakistn gets drone strike every now and then.

USA doesn't get attacked as they don't have enemies nearby. Same with France and UK. For that matter, even countries like australia, mexico, south africa, Myanmar, Spain and many more weker nations did not get attacked.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
MAD theory is for the superpowers only. And there are only two real ones, USA and Russia. Deterrence is an evolving concept. Its a game. As one player evolves strategy the opponent also finds new counterstrategies. India vs Pak is different from India vs China. US vs Russia is different from Russia vs Nato in Europe. So a strategy in one case may not be exactly applicable in another case.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
And these Yanks are pressurising North Korea to cease all their missile tests or face more sanctions.

But then rules and propriety don't apply to this lone super power. For them 'it's my or the highway'.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Why now of all times ??????????
I'm surprised you askin this mate.
Now is the appropriate time. Russia and PRC trying to dethrone the US and US trying to squeeze them two.
The trigger was probably MAR'18 Putin's unveiling of 6 "new" & apparently "invincible" (at least according to russia) weapon systems including the monstrous Sarmat and the nighmarish "status-6" and others like kinjal, avangard etc.

The real question in my mind is: what's so "breaking" about this? Minuteman 3 is decades old...
:hmm:

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
And these Yanks are pressurising North Korea to cease all their missile tests or face more sanctions.

But then rules and propriety don't apply to this lone super power. For them 'it's my or the highway'.
Would you like a world where every country with the money can just make nuclear weapons if it feels like it? Sure its hypocritical for nuclear powers like us to tell others they shouldnt make nukes, but it is better for everyone if the club stays small. Otherwise we'll have 30-40 nuclear weapons states, half of them unstable regimes in the middle east. The only country keeping the club small is the US along with its client states.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Yanks testing a decade old system, Raytheon tested there MIRV destroying ballistic missile defence Multiple Kill Vechicles, what makes someone think that russians won't be doing the same.

It's like Yanks have a cure for an itch, but actually it's a rash. :bplease:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Would you like a world where every country with the money can just make nuclear weapons if it feels like it? Sure its hypocritical for nuclear powers like us to tell others they shouldnt make nukes, but it is better for everyone if the club stays small. Otherwise we'll have 30-40 nuclear weapons states, half of them unstable regimes in the middle east. The only country keeping the club small is the US along with its client states.
How about Pakistan? It's far more unstable than North Korea. But the US of A and the West in general are doing squat about it. Double standards? Favouritism? Providing logistics for the US troops in Afghanistan? 'Support' in the WOT?

Pakistan was a key supplier to North Korea's secret nuclear programme, when Benazir Bhutto, went shopping for missile technology in Pyongyang in exchange for nuke equipment to include enriched uranium, including gas centrifuges.

And the irony is that they were being transported in US supplied C-130s!! The Yanks knew of this blatant proliferation but chose to turn a blind eye to Pak's shenanigans. Why? Because it was a frontline state and a buffer to the then soviet Union in Afghanistan. So it's not only that the US wants to keep the nuke club small but will turn a blind eye to such nuke proliferation as long as it serves their interests.

Last edited:

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
How about Pakistan? It's far more unstable than North Korea. But the US of A and the West in general are doing squat about it. Double standards? Favouritism? Providing logistics for the US troops in Afghanistan? 'Support' in the WOT?

Pakistan was a key supplier to North Korea's secret nuclear programme, when Benazir Bhutto, went shopping for missile technology in Pyongyang in exchange for nuke equipment to include enriched uranium, including gas centrifuges.

And the irony is that they were being transported in US supplied C-130s!! The Yanks knew of this blatant proliferation but chose to turn a blind eye to Pak's shenanigans. Why? Because it was a frontline state and a buffer to the then soviet Union in Afghanistan. So it's not only that the US wants to keep the nuke club small but will turn a blind eye to such nuke proliferation as long as it serves their interests.
Partial enforcement is better than no enforcement at all, which would be the situation without the US.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles